PLease no immediate rematch! Let them both have a few more fights...

I want an immediate rematch. I don't mind them having more fights though.

Gus please start using elbows(Like Jones). Getting out of the clinch and using your elbows on the cage would make for a very interesting rematch.

Honestly I thought it was awesome when he used one of Jones own spinning elbows after he had gotten tagged. Gus is a quick study, I think the rematch could be even better.

Gotta admit, it seems awfully weird that the second count had Jones landing more total strikes and Gus landing a whopping 77 less.

a lot of his strikes missed, which on second viewing was easier to see. maybe not 77 but some :icon_lol:

I agree with this.

They are both young, no reason to cash out yet.

That being said, I don't think Gus needs too many more fights to earn another shot. One or two tops imo.

Main reason I don't want a rematch is that I wanna see Glover get a shot before he's too old.

I don't know. immeadiate rematch would be huge. the most interesting fight for Jones, and great for both. but I also want to watch Gustafsson fight other people. imagine Gustafsson vs Evans, Nogueira or Henderson.

agreed, instant rematches need to go away, period.

If there is a huge controversy they may make sense but just because a fight is close doesn't mean it's controversial. Great example last night.

Gotta admit, it seems awfully weird that the second count had Jones landing more total strikes and Gus landing a whopping 77 less.

Not really. Live counting with busy fighters that throw a lot of feints etc is tough. There are several examples of that. The world is full of examples of people fucking up things by a wide margin, and a LOT more important things than this. In the end it doesn't matter. It's easy enough to go back and count for yourself, using fight metrics criteria, and it still doesn't change the result either way.

Let Glover get in the mix and give Gus a rebound fight while that's happening...

They should both grow and continue to expand there tool box before they meet again - it would be better that way.

Totally agree and nice to see I'm not the only one! Their paths will cross again eventually, really don't see the need for it!

Pretty obvious that Jones is gonna fight Glover, then rematch. No other way it's going down.

I agree with you! Im sick of all these fucking rematches, It's like Velasquez Dos Santos VIII Edgar vs Benson Edgar vs BJ Edgar vs Maynard!

It will be a similar fight as the first one, some people will say Jones won and so e will say Gustafson won, then people will be calling for another rematch and it turns into K-1 where they fight the same people every month! no need, let Jones fight Glover and then the Mauler gets Machida or Rashad.
Be something different instead of turning Jones' career into Frankie Edgar!

Yes it was a close fight and Gus fought well but he didnt finish the fight so all the judges saw against him, he is owed nothing and I'm sure he'll get another shot down the line!

Anyone who doesn't want a rematch isn't an actual fan of mma. If there EVER has been a fight calling for a rematch, this was it.

You want these 2 guys to go at it without fighting other people and not gaining more knowledge of the fight game? sounds to me that you are not the real MMA fan - these 2 are not even in there prime - let them work harder - gain more mass and technique - it will be better that way.

Back