PLease no immediate rematch! Let them both have a few more fights...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by accents595, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Power of Pain**

Power of Pain** Green Belt

Those saying there should not be a immediate rematch are nervous Jones fans.

Who the fuck deserves a title shot against Jones at the moment that would stop a highly marketable well deserved rematch from happening.

This goes to show you that promoting fights is not for everybody and why many MMA companies trying to compete with UFC goes out if business. They are probably the ones posting on here saying such dumb shit. Lol.

2. accents595

accents595 Orange Belt

Dude - sorry but you are missing the point - i am not a "nervous jones fan" i actually didnt care who won the fight by the time it was the 3rd round - it turned out to be amazing!!! I was rooting for the underdog

These guys need time to gain more fight knowledge - thats it - if you cant see that and think these 2 are at there prime you are mistaken... they both have a LOT to learn.

3. STAND AND TRADE

STAND AND TRADE White Belt

I'd love to see an instant rematch but honestly wouldn't you love to see jones knock off glover and dc, while gus takes out two or three other top guys to build up jones/gus2 even more??!

4. Power of Pain**

So are you saying that Dana White should become their mentor rather than their promoter?

Yes they have more to learn but that does not mean anything when it comes down to what is best for business.

5. accents595

accents595 Orange Belt

Has nothing to do with Dana White - I am sure when Jones and Gustaffson head back home they will agree - they both have tons to learn and a rematch would not be in there best interest - when they meet eachother they want to be at there best - without a doubt.

6. Pro Killer

Pro Killer Black Belt

I think you could argue that on the flip side everyone calling for an immediate rematch is A Gus fan nervous that if he is forced to fight Rashad or Machida he would probably lose and then not get back to Jones!

Either way I'd prefer to see Jones vs Glover as we don't want LHW turning into the Joke which is the HW division!

7. Power of Pain**

When Jones and Gus see how money much they will make off the rematch after White presents the match to them, they will agree. Especially with Gus knowing he came very close to becoming the CHAMPION OF THE WORLD.

LOL @ You acting like you are their father.

8. flanellograf

flanellograf Silver Belt

No. They are pretty much already in their prime regardless of what they both say themselves (fighters generally come into their prime after 4-5 years of fighting and stay there until 8-9 years). You never know what will happen either. Jones might go up to HW soon, and Gus might lose, and then we will never get to see it. Alex is the only one that gave Jones a legitimate challenge, and the result is controversial to many, and all other possible match-ups seem bleak in comparison.

9. brnforce

brnforce Black Belt

No, dummy. The whole point of having a title is to get it tested by as many different styles and people as possible. Gus is a great fighter, so why can't he go fight one other fight and then get another title shot? By allowing numerous title shots in a row for a single individual it halts all divisional progress. I'd rather see fluid divisions that constantly push new talent up instead of 3 fighters constantly fighting for the belt while the rest of the division cannibalizes itself.

10. Power of Pain**

No. The decision was flawed which is why the rematch makes sense.

11. RemoWilliams1a**

RemoWilliams1a** Banned Banned

I was standing up cheering for Gus but think this instance rematch, instant gratification can't wait stuff is bullshit.

Everyone agrees Gus is getting better and better. Both guys are super young. If Gus wins, then what? Instant rubber match?

If these guys both go win two fights then come back together in a rematch it would be massive.

and every #1 contender after only losing to the champ would always be the most deserving right after the fight as he had the most deserving record going into the fight and a loss to the champ does not knock you down so your first line is no logic for an instant rematch.

12. CPH

CPH Let's party

I don't want an immediate rematch because I want both guys to mull over what just happened and show up as different fighters. These guys are pretty young. There's no rush.

However, from the UFC's perspective, a rematch is huge money which could be in jeopardy if each guy has to fight 2-3 times. If one or both of them lose, the fight will not be as big.

13. flanellograf

flanellograf Silver Belt

Don't take it personal, dear. I don't like rematches either, if they don't make sense. But it's really hard to argue against a rematch here. It was an epic fight and every fan welcomes the chance to see a possible repeat.

14. mmafan559

mmafan559 Black Belt

Are you kidding?

This is the first time that people actually want to watch Jones fight someone, the UFC is going to milk this rematch big time.

15. dc007

dc007 mr. white belt

Agreed. No need to rush it. Lets see them improve a bit before fighting again.

16. Power of Pain**

No. I been watching MMA since back when my dad used to have the black box where as a kid I would watch UFC for free on PPV a long with Boxing and Japanese Shootfighting which later on ended up being revealed to be scripted like pro wrestling.

I applied Boxing logic because it is much older than MMA and MMA is still a baby among the mainstream sports in the US.

17. rjmbrd

rjmbrd Gold Belt

History demands this rematch.

It would be foolish to book any other fight. These guys are both in their prime and just came off a wildly competitive, wildly entertaining barn burner. The rematch would do huge numbers and be great for their careers and the sport.

Some fights transcend the division, and that was one of them.

18. brazilianblood

brazilianblood Purple Belt

no! rematch now!

19. Power of Pain**

Exactly. It makes sense from all fronts why the rematch is necessary.

Business wise, entertainment wise since stylistically the fight was amazing, controversial wise because of the flawed decision, and also hype wise.

20. JammG

JammG Green Belt

Why is everyone acting like Gus can't easily win against a top ten fighter or two while Glover and/or Davis get a shot? They are two 26 yr olds, firmly entrenched in the top five of the division. They're fighting at least once more, no rushing neccessary.