PLease no immediate rematch! Let them both have a few more fights...

Ii first want to see Glover take on Jones first. Glover has much of Gus's sick striking and unlike Gus is not a relative neophyte when it comes to his ground game and probably has even better TDD.

Agree, but I think the payoff will be greater if both fighters are allowed to mature a bit. Most great rivalries benefit from a bit of anticipation... yes, this rematch is 100X more reasonable than the year and a half worth of rematches we were subjected to at lw, but there's no need to judge this against a standard that was wrong to begin with.

This is MMA and the weather changes fast outside. Dan Hardy and Stephan Struve suddenly will never fight again albeit young men with seemingly no reason to stop. We didn't get to see Chuck vs Wandy until both guys were out of their prime because the timing didn't work out a few years earlier.

Both of these guys are seasoned in their careers and in the UFC right now. Gusta was the first title contender in a great long while to clearly work his way up to the #1 spot.

I wouldn't put it off and hope that injuries, life changes or otherwise hamper this rematch while both of these guys are prime. History demands this rematch.

trollololol.

The fight was 'close' fact. Close fights are not robberies simply because the guy you thought won, lost. Had Gus won many on this forum would have seen it as a robbery the other way and they too would be wrong.

get smarter.

(edit. anyone saying it was not a close fight just needs to be ignored in this discussion all together)

The fight being close is a fact because you say so? get smarter? The forum?

Wow man. So instead of presenting an in depth analysis of how the fight was not close, and break down the fight to show me why the fight was not close, you instead come back with cliche 13 year old Sherdog comebacks. LOL.

The fight was not close bro.

This is MMA and the weather changes fast outside. Dan Hardy and Stephan Struve suddenly will never fight again albeit young men with seemingly no reason to stop. We didn't get to see Chuck vs Wandy until both guys were out of their prime because the timing didn't work out a few years earlier.

Both of these guys are seasoned in their careers and in the UFC right now. Gusta was the first title contender in a great long while to clearly work his way up to the #1 spot.

I wouldn't put it off and hope that injuries, life changes or otherwise hamper this rematch while both of these guys are prime. History demands this rematch.

Manny Pacquiao loses a controversial decision to Timothy Bradly and then goes off to fight another Boxer who knocks him out. Now the Bradly rematch is irrelevant at this point.

It is so easy for a hyped up fight to quickly become irrelevant. That one word itself is the scariest word you would ever hear in combat sports.

I want to see the rematch for entertainment purposes. I pay to watch MMA fights. I don't give a fuck about how they have to learn more because they have young careers. I am not their fathers. People on here want to act like mothers and nurture these fighters so it makes it wonder if they should rather be in a "Days of Our Lives" forum instead of a MMA forum..

The fight being close is a fact because you say so? get smarter? The forum?

Wow man. So instead of presenting an in depth analysis of how the fight was not close, and break down the fight to show me why the fight was not close, you instead come back with cliche 13 year old Sherdog comebacks. LOL.

The fight was not close bro.

You won't find a site or analysis out there that picked Gus that does not also acknowledge that the fight was not close. it was close, not because I say so, but because it was.

So you are a troll and I am again making the mistake engaging you.

Last edited:

Nothings certain in combat sports. But, I'd rather decisions should be guided by sound reasoning than paranoia... there's no reason to think a rematch between two 26 year olds won't benefit from a bit of time for both parties to grow.

They are both young and at the top of the LHWs. They will fight again, more than once. No need to rush it..
Yup. Let Jones fight Glover and let Gustafsson pick up a win or two. Rog

Manny Pacquiao loses a controversial decision to Timothy Bradly and then goes off to fight another Boxer who knocks him out. Now the Bradly rematch is irrelevant at this point.

It is so easy for a hyped up fight to quickly become irrelevant. That one word itself is the scariest word you would ever hear in combat sports.

I want to see the rematch for entertainment purposes. I pay to watch MMA fights. I don't give a fuck about how they have to learn more because they have young careers. I am not their fathers. People on here want to act like mothers and nurture these fighters so it makes it wonder if they should rather be in a "Days of Our Lives" forum instead of a MMA forum..

Is this where all the hostility is coming from. They kicked you off your favorite forum?

Is this where all the hostility is coming from. They kicked you off your favorite forum?

Why are you acting defensive? Does my post indirectly target you?

But go and try again. Maybe this time you will be funny.

Nothings certain in combat sports. But, I'd rather decisions should be guided by sound reasoning than paranoia... there's no reason to think a rematch between two 26 year olds won't benefit from a bit of time for both parties to grow.

Exactly.

the fear that one or the other might lose and thus a better guy might get the fight, is silly.

Let the fight and prove they are the most deserving and the hype for the rematch will be even bigger.

letting fear dominate fight decisions is dumb and counter productive.

Agreed. They are young and will definitely meet again. Let them build towards a rematch.

Jones vs Texeira
Gustafsson vs Nogueira
Cormier vs Davis

You won't find a site or analysis out there that picked Gus that does not also acknowledge that the fight was not close. it was close, not because I say so, but because it was.

So you are a troll and I am again making the mistake engaging you.

You just don't want to see a rematch. Well to bad. Your bullshit opinion dos not mean jack shit based of your delusions.

Notice the word "CONTROVERSIAL" in this website.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/2...s-alexander-gustafsson-controversial-decision

I guess alot of people are trolling on Twitter for no rhyme or reason.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...ism-for-ufc-165s-jones-vs-gustafsson-decision

I guess USA Today is also trolling for also agreeing with them having a rematch:

Gustafsson, who was as much as a 12-1 underdog with some sports books, presented the seemingly indestructible champ the biggest challenger of his career. It was enough to warrant a rematch, though the disappointed 26-year-old wasn't in a mood to campaign for one.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ufc/2013/09/22/ufc-165-jon-jones-alexander-gustafsson/2848629/

With Jones talk of moving up in the near future, this rematch needs to happen soon...next or one fight away.

Back