1. Season 7 of the International Shoop League is now active! Section A » Section B »

PLease no immediate rematch! Let them both have a few more fights...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by accents595, Sep 22, 2013.

1. emax

emax Black Belt

Ii first want to see Glover take on Jones first. Glover has much of Gus's sick striking and unlike Gus is not a relative neophyte when it comes to his ground game and probably has even better TDD.

2. rjmbrd

rjmbrd Gold Belt

This is MMA and the weather changes fast outside. Dan Hardy and Stephan Struve suddenly will never fight again albeit young men with seemingly no reason to stop. We didn't get to see Chuck vs Wandy until both guys were out of their prime because the timing didn't work out a few years earlier.

Both of these guys are seasoned in their careers and in the UFC right now. Gusta was the first title contender in a great long while to clearly work his way up to the #1 spot.

I wouldn't put it off and hope that injuries, life changes or otherwise hamper this rematch while both of these guys are prime. History demands this rematch.

3. Power of Pain**

Power of Pain** Green Belt

The fight being close is a fact because you say so? get smarter? The forum?

Wow man. So instead of presenting an in depth analysis of how the fight was not close, and break down the fight to show me why the fight was not close, you instead come back with cliche 13 year old Sherdog comebacks. LOL.

The fight was not close bro.

4. Power of Pain**

Manny Pacquiao loses a controversial decision to Timothy Bradly and then goes off to fight another Boxer who knocks him out. Now the Bradly rematch is irrelevant at this point.

It is so easy for a hyped up fight to quickly become irrelevant. That one word itself is the scariest word you would ever hear in combat sports.

I want to see the rematch for entertainment purposes. I pay to watch MMA fights. I don't give a fuck about how they have to learn more because they have young careers. I am not their fathers. People on here want to act like mothers and nurture these fighters so it makes it wonder if they should rather be in a "Days of Our Lives" forum instead of a MMA forum..

5. RemoWilliams1a**

RemoWilliams1a** Banned Banned

You won't find a site or analysis out there that picked Gus that does not also acknowledge that the fight was not close. it was close, not because I say so, but because it was.

So you are a troll and I am again making the mistake engaging you.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  6. JammG

JammG Green Belt

Nothings certain in combat sports. But, I'd rather decisions should be guided by sound reasoning than paranoia... there's no reason to think a rematch between two 26 year olds won't benefit from a bit of time for both parties to grow.

7. guiza

guiza Brown Belt

Yup. Let Jones fight Glover and let Gustafsson pick up a win or two. Rog

8. JammG

JammG Green Belt

Is this where all the hostility is coming from. They kicked you off your favorite forum?

9. Power of Pain**

Why are you acting defensive? Does my post indirectly target you?

But go and try again. Maybe this time you will be funny.

10. RemoWilliams1a**

RemoWilliams1a** Banned Banned

Exactly.

the fear that one or the other might lose and thus a better guy might get the fight, is silly.

Let the fight and prove they are the most deserving and the hype for the rematch will be even bigger.

letting fear dominate fight decisions is dumb and counter productive.

11. GroundPound

GroundPound White Belt

I'm fine with whatever ends up happening.

12. stevenix1978

stevenix1978 Orange Belt

who else can touch jones? we need the rematch! get that shit on now baby!

13. Matthew Fedler

Matthew Fedler Professional Fighter Professional Fighter

Agreed. They are young and will definitely meet again. Let them build towards a rematch.

Jones vs Texeira
    Gustafsson vs Nogueira
    Cormier vs Davis

14. Power of Pain**

You just don't want to see a rematch. Well to bad. Your bullshit opinion dos not mean jack shit based of your delusions.

Notice the word "CONTROVERSIAL" in this website.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/2...s-alexander-gustafsson-controversial-decision

I guess alot of people are trolling on Twitter for no rhyme or reason.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...ism-for-ufc-165s-jones-vs-gustafsson-decision

I guess USA Today is also trolling for also agreeing with them having a rematch:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ufc/2013/09/22/ufc-165-jon-jones-alexander-gustafsson/2848629/

15. bigearv14

bigearv14 Purple Belt

With Jones talk of moving up in the near future, this rematch needs to happen soon...next or one fight away.