PLEASE HELP - Im a little scared!

FlameBoy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Ive over trained - I think!

Its 4 in the morning and I cant bend my legs, I cant stand up and I cant sit down. My legs are burning and very pumped and have little definition. On top of all that my piss is brown! BROWN for fucks sake!

two days ago, i was tasked with doing 100 of a particular exercise with a light weight, whilst doing Leg Ext I obviously used TOO much weight. I did it, but it was tough. I walked like a chicken frequently yesterday and was struggling to move. Ive warmed the muscles up, ive iced em, Ive massaged em. Ive stretched em. Ive taken anti inflammatories.

Its getting worse - please - what else can I do? and whats with the Brown piss? anyone know?

Questions...

What's your usual lifting routine?

Who told you to do 100 reps of leg extensions?

Why are you doing leg extensions?

Why are you using the word "task" as a verb?

Just take a few days off, happened to me once, I overtrained a SHITLOAD the first day and couldn't move my arms the next day.

Questions...

What's your usual lifting routine? - not a lot

Who told you to do 100 reps of leg extensions? it was a challenge -and didnt seem toos steep

Why are you doing leg extensions? - its an exercise?

Why are you using the word "task" as a verb? - sorry poor english on my part.

I hope these answers help me get some pain relieving advice - if not I might just try
Kill yourself.

Sounds like you just overdid it. If you don't typically lift much, doing a high-volume workout is a recipe for bad delayed-onset muscle soreness, also known as DOMS.

In my experience, the quads seem to be more susceptible to bad DOMS than most muscles. DOMS is often most severe two days after the workout that spawns it, so chances are you're in the worst part of it right now. If it doesn't ease up considerably in another couple of days, then I'd go see a doctor.

Also, if you have any health condition you haven't mentioned, and you think it might have been aggravated by the 100-reps challenge, you might want to see a doc sooner.

As far as the future -- it's probably not a good idea to do challenge lifts that involve stuff way outside your usual routine.

Leg extensions are looked down upon here at S&P because it's an isolation exercise -- in terms of strength development, you're way better off doing free-weight exercises such as squats or lunges.

If you want to expand your lifting knowledge, read the FAQ sticky on the S&P main page.

As far as the brown urine, I have heard that hellacious workouts can cause bleeding from muscle fibers, and when the blood is carried away with other waste products it can cause urine to turn brown. But I don't know if that's true. Dead red blood cells are typically shuttled into your solid-waste system in a substance called bilirubin, which is the stuff that makes your poop brown. So I have no idea if that blood-in-piss thing is true or not.

Hang in there, slugger.

You did a stupid challenge that you were completely unprepared for and now you are painfully sore. Your piss is dark because you haven't been drinking enough water. That's probably making your soreness even worse.

The weight room is a place to train. It is not a place for stupid noob challenges.

Go see a doctor about the brown piss. That doesn't sound healthy.

Leg extensions are a garbage exercise. Read the FAQ for this forum and then start squatting.

If you can't stand or walk how do you know your piss is brown?
By the color it stains on your bed?

Leg extensions are bad for the knees.

Yep, definitely sounds like a case of D.O.M.S. to me.

Delayed Onset Moronic Stupidity.

The brown piss is prolly your bodies way of attempting to purge itself of the toxin that is your own stupid ass.

You'll be dead in a week. Make a will and say your goodbyes.

You should be scared - go to an emergency room or urgent care right away.

Rhabdomyolysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know how much it takes to cause kidney failure, but I wouldn't tempt fate.

BTW - tasked is fine for use as a verb, just old fashioned.

lol I don't see him in this thread anymore. He probably took off.

But if your still reading Flameboy make sure you check out the faq before going to the hospital. At least before you die you'll know that the exercise you were doing was utter crap.

You should be scared - go to an emergency room or urgent care right away.

Rhabdomyolysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know how much it takes to cause kidney failure, but I wouldn't tempt fate.

BTW - tasked is fine for use as a verb, just old fashioned.

Hah...I didn't even think of rhabdo. That's great. Death by leg extension.

rhabdo3.jpg

Back