Planet running out of room for humans?

maybe oil

but supposedly there’s a massive oil sands region in Russia that may have more oil potential than Saudi Arabia

and as deep sea drilling and fracking technology increases maybe we’re nowhere near peak oil
Canada has the 3rd largest Oil reserves in the world.

we have plenty of room just drive across the u.s to see how much of it is empty. the problem with sustaining a population lies with running out of resources. we could probably fit the entire globes population in california or texas in some hypothetical scenario but we have plenty of room.

Plenty of room for humans.....however our use of land/resources is what will likely do us in. Huge monocrop agriculture that strips the soil of all its nutrients and the mismanagement of water is probably what lead us to fight wars with one another.
This.

Add the massive amounts of fertilizers added to runoff and our waterways are dying.

Not to.mention the plastic islands floating on the oceans.

Each of those surgical masks take 450 years to decompose.

we have plenty of room just drive across the u.s to see how much of it is empty. the problem with sustaining a population lies with running out of resources. we could probably fit the entire globes population in california or texas in some hypothetical scenario but we have plenty of room.
I keep heard about dwindling resourybur bro I just don’t see it

if we’re talking about food and water we have enough that doesn’t mean everyone gets a steak and asparagus at Ruth’s criss but basic bread,water,potato,fruit and veggies,even fish should be available to all

and water we’ll clean it and reuse or desalinate

I keep heard about dwindling resourybur bro I just don’t see it

if we’re talking about food and water we have enough that doesn’t mean everyone gets a steak and asparagus at Ruth’s criss but basic bread,water,potato,fruit and veggies,even fish should be available to all

and water we’ll clean it and reuse or desalinate
<{cruzshake}><mma4>

Thanos was onto something.

There's an overconsumption problem not overpopulation.

On one of those "food" documentaries I remember it stating all humans could live with a 1/4 acre on Australia... And still only take up part of the continent... Maybe it was all adult humans... But even if that's remotely close then we should be ok for a while...

As others have said, it's not the space each person needs, it's the resources each person consumes and what do with the spent ones. Think about how much trash you've generated in your lifetime. It doesn't just disappear, it has to go somewhere. What about all the sewage you produce? Think about all the food you eat - how much land and fresh water is required to sustain that? And how many chemicals are we dumping onto the land that ends up in our water to get the massive amounts of food we need? And what about the materials for your house, cars, clothes etc? Keep in mind several billion people currently live in extreme poverty and don't have cars, don't live in homes with electricity and running water, and don't regularly eat meat. When those people move up in income level, how much more forest will we destroy to make farmland for them? How much more trash will they produce etc

So, it's not a question of living space per person. It's a question of total resources required to support billions of people living modern lifestyles.

Water and resources management seems to be a bigger issue than available space.

What I also find concerning is when we take some of the best agricultural land and de-zone it to build condos.

Farm land isn't extra space tho. In most cases no farms no food .

In all honesty werr already way over populated.

At random 25% over world should be sterile for like 100 years.

There is no issues as it stands.. No space problem at all nor resources or water as things stand right now everything is functional and would still remain functional even if we reach somehow 20billion in population but however one single major disaster could make all that into a nightmare..

You may ask what I am referring to here?

1. A comet impact (It causes a massive nuclear winter and leads to 95% of the world crops to fail this will be a major world event disaster) The famine will be on epic porportions and something the world has never experienced and extinction level..

2. A super volcano exploding and releasing alot of gasses and smoke into the atmosphere will also guraantee a vicious nuclear winter..

However a Nuclear war is unlikely and won't happen ever until one of the first 2 mentioned disasters happen and if one of the first two disasters happen the Nuclear war will follow guraanteed as hunger will drive people insane and fight for resources becomes first choice..

Disclaimer: Another side thing to notice here is that mostly NASA monitors Asteriods but they are looking in the wrong place and Asteriods are not as much threat as comets because a comet can come out of nowhere without noticing before meaning it can come out of the outer space and will land without being noticed by all monitoring systems because it travels at much higher speed and there won't be any time to re-act hence why comets are way more deadly than Asteriod because Asteriods travel on the same lane around the sun and they travel at lower speed and also the impact happens at lower speed in comparison to comet that comes much faster in before an impact.. There is no room for a reaction against a comet..

Last edited:
"Buy land, because God's not making any more of it"

*Tony Soprano

Maybe if you ran them all through a wood chipper first

I'm repeating what they said on some science show. But I can see it being true if everyone is standing shoulder to shoulder, chest to back, across the entire island.

There is no issues as it stands.. No space problem at all nor resources or water as things stand right now everything is functional and would still remain functional even if we reach somehow 20billion in population but however one single major disaster could make all that into a nightmare..

You may ask what I am referring to here?

1. A comet impact (It causes a massive nuclear winter and leads to 95% of the world crops to fail this will be a major world event disaster) The famine will be on epic porportions and something the world has never experienced and extinction level..

2. A super volcano exploding and releasing alot of gasses and smoke into the atmosphere will also guraantee a vicious nuclear winter..

However a Nuclear war is unlikely and won't happen ever until one of the first 2 mentioned disasters happen and if one of the first two disasters happen the Nuclear war will follow guraanteed as hunger will drive people insane and fight for resources becomes first choice..

Disclaimer: Another side thing to notice here is that mostly NASA monitors Asteriods but they are looking in the wrong place and Asteriods are not as much threat as comets because a comet can come out of nowhere without noticing before meaning it can come out of the outer space and will land without being noticed by all monitoring systems because it travels at much higher speed and there won't be any time to re-act hence why comets are way more deadly than Asteriod because Asteriods travel on the same lane around the sun and they travel at lower speed and also the impact happens at lower speed in comparison to comet that comes much faster in before an impact.. There is no room for a reaction against a comet..

tbh I’m surprised Pakistan and India haven’t thrown some nukes at each other yet

and as far as the food thing guys keep saying

I don’t see it there are hundreds of billions of fish, rice is inexhaustible and wheat for bread. If you had to survive on fish rice and bread you could and there’s enough for everyone

take one look around an American mall on a Saturday and you’ll know there’s enough food

Back