Planet running out of room for humans?

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just watched “America’s book of secrets” and they were talking about Elon Musk’s star ship that humanity may need to escape earth when the super volcano erupts or the planet gets too crowded

Okay I’ll give you the super volcano scenario

but the over populated thing iiiii don’t know. I spent a lot of time in the military back in the day and would drive home on leave from Georgia

and I would notice that if you’re not coming up on cities off I-75 like Atlanta, Knoxville, Cincinnati there’s a whole lot of nothing and by nothing I mean not a lot of people but a whole lotta land

I noticed the same when I took a road trip up to Edmonton Alberta years later a whole lotta land zero humans.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I remember reading or hearing that Canada has so much land they actually encourage immigration

if you take a place like the Sahara desert and with modern irrigation technology I think you could make parts of the Sahara at least as livable as Riyadh, Baghdad, Phoenix, and Las Vegas no?

anyway I’m bored sherbros humor me are we really running out of land and resources for everyone on this planet or is it a false narrative?

Plenty of room for humans.....however our use of land/resources is what will likely do us in. Huge monocrop agriculture that strips the soil of all its nutrients and the mismanagement of water is probably what lead us to fight wars with one another.

d1faw012cvo41.jpg

We're nowhere near overpopulation. I doubt we ever will have that problem look what the experts have to say:
"Other projections
An analysis from the Wittgenstein Center IISA predicts global population to peak in 2070 at 9.4 billion and then decline to 9.0 billion in 2100.
upload_2021-7-17_20-42-25.png
https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
Projections of population growth - Wikipedia "

We haven't even used up all the surface space, otherwisewe could build massive underground structures everywhere, plus we could build up even higher. Instead of 2 story homes we could build cities in skyscrapers.

These buildings would be at least as tall as the tallest building today, but the size of a city in cross sectional area. With plenty of floors, this skyscraper city could house 100 times the number of people as the city it's size today could, if it has 100 floors. That's not even counting the massive underground spaces.

Another idea is floating cities over the ocean or Atlantis like cities under water , with a protective cover over the city to keep the water out.

So the idea that we're running out of living space is just insane nonsense in my eyes.

we can probably comfortably fit the entire world in australia. Some of the problems are that people want to live in a busy area, and those folks are also the ones to complain. Most of earth is uninhabited and not used.... People have a tendency to move near other people. California is huge, but folks want to live in the urban areas. Same can be said of nearly every single state or country. it doesnt help that some areas, where humans live, are not optimal living areas..... like vegas.

We're overpopulated but not out of space.

There are a number of other enormous downsides though, scarce resources, over fishing, over farming, pollution, landfills, etc.

I wish we could just cull the population a little bit. Get back down to 4 billion. Just by inventing a birth control microchip that gets implanted in every baby that's born, and it stops them from having babies until their old enough to request their chip be deactivated.

There's literally no reason to allow shitty, unprepared people to bring children into this world just to neglect them, abuse them, and have them grow up miserable and likely turn into a violent criminal

Plenty of room for humans.....however our use of land/resources is what will likely do us in. Huge monocrop agriculture that strips the soil of all its nutrients and the mismanagement of water is probably what lead us to fight wars with one another.

Okay but let’s say corporate greed isn’t a factor it seems the technology for electric vehicles is legit now we need the infrastructure to support the full conversion from gas combustion to electric

We're overpopulated but not out of space.

There are a number of other enormous downsides though, scarce resources, over fishing, over farming, pollution, landfills, etc.

I wish we could just cull the population a little bit. Get back down to 4 billion. Just by inventing a birth control microchip that gets implanted in every baby that's born, and it stops them from having babies until their old enough to request their chip be deactivated.

There's literally no reason to allow shitty, unprepared people to bring children into this world just to neglect them, abuse them, and have them grow up miserable and likely turn into a violent criminal

not trying to be sarcastic or sound ignorant but doesn’t the technology exist to transform large swaths of desert into farmland for certain crops?

wouldn’t desalination plants fix fresh water issues ?

Back