Planet Fitness: male members must be castrated!

It's the ethos of the company.

You knew what you were getting into when you become a member.

It's actually a brilliant business strategy.

They cater to lazy people. They make the memberships super cheap, so people will sign up but also so they won't cancel when they stop going. They'll keep paying because they are going to "get serious and get back in the gym" someday.

And here's the best part: because the memberships are so cheap they can sell tons of them. Way more than they could ever have the capacity to serve.

But here's the secret. They don't want you to come in and work out. They want you to stay at home and eat ice cream while still paying for a membership.

So anyone who's serious about fitness, they go out of their way to make you feel unwelcome. Because they want the people who aren't serious. The ones that give them money for nothing.

I really think that's the business model of all major gym chains. When you do the math, they can't possibly be covering all the bills and making a profit off of $10 a month.

There's a chain here called Fitness Connection and in a way, they're even better than Planet Fitness. $10/month but no alarm, great weights, huge spaces, A/C blasting, a ton of TVs, all the amenities. Some locations even have a basketball court.

Just rent and utilities has to be about $10,000 a month. Add the salaries of all the workers and it's close to $20,000, just to break even. So they need 2,000-3,000 customers signed up and paying $10 a month.

That's a gigantic number but it's also impossible to have even 1/10 of those at the gym at one time. No way is a gym handling 300 people at one time. So they NEED the vast majority of their members to not come.

I wouldn't want to be around douchebag alpha males grunting loud as if trying to exert dominance over everyone. Same with those who clear their throats loudly.

Aren't the heaviest dumbbells at PF like 50lbs?

Even when I military press 50lbs on each arm is a warmup and I'm not that big at all.

I wish there was a gym like Bradley Martyn's near where I live, that's the kind of gym I find the best.

the PF I went to had up to 100 lb dumbbells at least pretty sure it went higher than that

fat fucking karens and soyboys

ehhhhhhh.... loved you in “Total Reball” ^5

It isn't judgment-free, literally every commercial they have mocks people who are super fit.

More accurate is it's a safe place for out of shape people, sometimes at the expense of those who are more fit. They kicked out a woman for having a nice body once because she was "intimidating".

They almost rang the lunk alarm on me a long time ago because I just started martial arts and was really into the importance of breathing. To be fair I did sound exaggerated, but save that crap for dude bros who throw weights and shit like that.

No wonder there weren't any hot chicks at the PF i went to. I thought that was quite curious. Gyms usually have at least 3 or 4 hot women

To add to the brilliance of the business model: LA Fitness slides into the fine print an annual "maintenance fee" of $70 that you first get hit with 4 months after signing up. I presume all chain gyms have something similar, so in Planet Fatness' case that $10/mo is actually $16/mo. I'm guessing they did their homework and saw that people who aren't using the product are likely to cancel a $16 recurring monthly charge (or not even commit to signing up to begin with) whereas $10 is considered negligible

LA Fitness is dope though. I used to go to the one off of Biscayne and 123rd round abouts. Lots of hot chicks. I never got any play though :(

I wouldn't want to be around douchebag alpha males grunting loud as if trying to exert dominance over everyone. Same with those who clear their throats loudly.

You sound like a baby back bitch. Can't hang with the big dogs

No wonder there weren't any hot chicks at the PF i went to. I thought that was quite curious. Gyms usually have at least 3 or 4 hot women

I agree.

Well, I see hot chicks in any gym I go to (women who work out frequently tend to have nice bodies) but I visit other gyms too and they tend to have hotter women. Probably for the reason I mentioned.

Its not a gym, its a fitness club with a certain business model that appeals to a certain crowd

ppl know what it is after seeing years of exposure on it on various forums, reviews, etc, yet still pay for it expecting a different result is odd. Only those that were part of a normal gym that got bought up and converted into a PF with their membership accredited into PF I don't hold against

Wut
An alarm the goes off when you exhale lifting? Is this a joke?
No. That is USA these days.

Hopefully that shit does not expand throughout the whole world. I would lose my shit if something like that happens here.

Don't forget the social media whores too. There's plenty of frat boys and sorostitutes that worry more about posing on the equipment and in front of the mirror while their friends take video and pictures of them. But the women that work out at my gym are Grade A hardbodies.

Plenty of meatheads at my gym, but at least I can drop weights and grunt to my hearts content.

It always amuses me how tough a lot of guys think they are because they lift. I lift regularly as a new hobby since I quit boxing. It makes me laugh at how tough some of these dudes think they are because they bench press every week.
Meatheads who think they are badass are funny.

I have never enjoyed lifting weights more than in my home gym.
I know I could use a spotter to push a few exercises beyond failure and a few machines to isolate certain muscles but fuck it, I don't think I'm ever stepping into a weight room unless I have no other option.

Does the alarm go off if you can't control your horny level?

Reactions: lsa
You get to bring your kid in free to workout and it’s close to my work, so I had too. My strength has gone down, however.

Used to work out there. 10 bucks a month was hard to beat. Kind of sucked not to he able to do a lot of oly lifting, but worth saving a thousand or more dollars a year.

I've seen the lunk alarm go off a few times, mostly deserved. The problem with it is that it's so subjective.

Back