Planet Fitness: male members must be castrated!

My wife and son just joined the one near us, and there indeed is a lunk alarm. I thought it was for the dudes who like to drop the weights on the floor. That's how it was presented and demonstrated to me.

They had one right next to where I worked a few years back so I got a membership. Got the alarm set off on me for running too fast on the treadmill trying to do interval sprints lol.

Planet fitness dont want serious lifters as it chases away their main income stream: women and gym goers.
It's actually a brilliant business strategy.

They cater to lazy people. They make the memberships super cheap, so people will sign up but also so they won't cancel when they stop going. They'll keep paying because they are going to "get serious and get back in the gym" someday.

And here's the best part: because the memberships are so cheap they can sell tons of them. Way more than they could ever have the capacity to serve.

But here's the secret. They don't want you to come in and work out. They want you to stay at home and eat ice cream while still paying for a membership.

So anyone who's serious about fitness, they go out of their way to make you feel unwelcome. Because they want the people who aren't serious. The ones that give them money for nothing.

It's actually a brilliant business strategy.

They cater to lazy people. They make the memberships super cheap, so people will sign up but also so they won't cancel when they stop going. They'll keep paying because they are going to "get serious and get back in the gym" someday.

And here's the best part: because the memberships are so cheap they can sell tons of them. Way more than they could ever have the capacity to serve.

But here's the secret. They don't want you to come in and work out. They want you to stay at home and eat ice cream while still paying for a membership.

So anyone who's serious about fitness, they go out of their way to make you feel unwelcome. Because they want the people who aren't serious. The ones that give them money for nothing.
Whats wrong with that? It will at least motivate some people vs nobody. Its super cheap.

(Rant) So prior to Covid, I decided to get a Planet Fitness membership. The gym was 2 blocks from where I was staying, and membership was about $10 a month.

So I am getting my presses in one day, and suddenly this Pearl Harbor type alarm goes off and scares the crap out of me. WTF?!! I look up and its a lunk alarm that is set to go off anytime someone grunts ROFL In other words anytime real men want to release some testosterone.

They claim the gym is a judgment free zone (which is why they don't have scales lol), but then they go out of there way to humiliate real men from grunting when they hit the weights.

Hilarious video of real men purposely setting off the lunk alarm

Discuss.

Yeah that judgement free gimmick is BS. Last week a girl was squatting and dropped the bar.. like it almost smashed this chick and they set the alarm off for 10 seconds. They didn’t gaf she almost got hurt they just came over and bitched at her for making too much noise.

You should be banned from Sherdog for being a member of a women's gym.

(Rant) So prior to Covid, I decided to get a Planet Fitness membership. The gym was 2 blocks from where I was staying, and membership was about $10 a month.

So I am getting my presses in one day, and suddenly this Pearl Harbor type alarm goes off and scares the crap out of me. WTF?!! I look up and its a lunk alarm that is set to go off anytime someone grunts ROFL In other words anytime real men want to release some testosterone.

They claim the gym is a judgment free zone (which is why they don't have scales lol), but then they go out of there way to humiliate real men from grunting when they hit the weights.

Discuss.

Fuck that place. It isn't worth the $10 a month.

I just moved and am now 12 miles from my gym. There's a PF a mile up the road from me.... I'm still driving the 12 miles to my current gym. I refuse to get a membership at that snowflake refuge.

Discuss.

You should work out normally instead of groaning loudly. No one wants to know what you sound like during sex.

Old school library stuff right there..

On the other side of the spectrum fools at my gym regularly lift way more than they should while grunting like a cow and then dropping their too heavy weights in apparent satisfaction from the 4 reps that they did lol. I hate meatheads and pansy's alike, it's probably time to cancel the weights gym and go back to an mma gym.

It's part of the post modernist eradication of masculinity and gender as a social construct.

They can fuck off and die imo.

There should also be a bitch looking for attention put some clothes on alarm too.

... and yes, planet fitness sucks

tho I think they had lunk disabled at my local PF (Spokane, WA) back when I was going there because I didn’t know about any of that chit when I got my membership, or I wouldn’t have got one....

maaanng I even rocked holy tank tops and threw around kettle bells and slammed down dumbbells like i owned the place and no alarms and no one ever said chit to me lolz^5

The gym that I used to go to went to shit so I cancelled my membership. I knew people that went to Planet Fitness so I gave it a try. It kinda sucked. Not a lot of free weights available. Some of the machines were awkward or had bad ergonomics for my height or build. I spent half the time trying to figure out what weird contraption to try next.

Not a fan of that place.

Back