Planche Pushups

Shin-Shoryuken

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have been training according to this guy's regimen for about 1 and a half months now and i seem to be stuck at the second stage. take a look at the video if you havent already seen it and see if you can imrpove on his method/regimen.

YouTube - My Planche Training

I was able to work up to straddle planche push ups. Depending on what you're after, they work very well and require a tad bit less skill.

I was able to work up to straddle planche push ups. Depending on what you're after, they work very well and require a tad bit less skill.

thats really only what i aspired to get to. how long did it take you to get there?

i dont remember the exact time frame. before them i was doing a lot of handbalancing so i had good strength before. maybe a few months or so.

*shoots somebody*

JUST KIDDING!

how strict/what was your regimen? detail would be awesome

Started out doing the tuck planche, once I could hold that for awhile I tried extending my legs for a straddle planche. At first the balance was hard and I could only manage a second or so. After awhile you get the hang of it and slowly extend your legs out and hold for time. When I was able to hold it for a bit I tried lowering down a little, just doing the negatives. Again, when the balance caught up I would lower down and press back up a little ways. Did that for a few weeks and then was able to do 3 reps of the straddle planche push ups per set.

I can hold a very ugly straddle planche for about 6 seconds, and that came after only about 3 weeks of dedicated training (I always do my BW stuff greasing the groove style throughout the day, for about 30 minutes/day total). I find it's easy enough to get the strength in my upper body, but managing at the same time to stay rigid and hollow through my back and legs is next to fucking impossible.

Try doing a frogstand (hands flat, knees on your elbows, feet off the ground), then take one leg off, extend it back and hold as long as you can. Repeat other side. This is like an intermediate step between frog and straddle and should help you learn to keep your back and hams tight.

Try doing a frogstand (hands flat, knees on your elbows, feet off the ground), then take one leg off, extend it back and hold as long as you can. Repeat other side. This is like an intermediate step between frog and straddle and should help you learn to keep your back and hams tight.

Thats a great tip! Definitely going to try this tonight.

Started out doing the tuck planche, once I could hold that for awhile I tried extending my legs for a straddle planche. At first the balance was hard and I could only manage a second or so. After awhile you get the hang of it and slowly extend your legs out and hold for time. When I was able to hold it for a bit I tried lowering down a little, just doing the negatives. Again, when the balance caught up I would lower down and press back up a little ways. Did that for a few weeks and then was able to do 3 reps of the straddle planche push ups per set.

tyvm ill try that as well

I can hold a very ugly straddle planche for about 6 seconds, and that came after only about 3 weeks of dedicated training (I always do my BW stuff greasing the groove style throughout the day, for about 30 minutes/day total). I find it's easy enough to get the strength in my upper body, but managing at the same time to stay rigid and hollow through my back and legs is next to fucking impossible.

this seems like it would be nice for developing the needed muscle endurance am i right? i really like the sound of those, it really sounds like it would work. ty!

Back