PJ Stock, George McPhee, Stan Jonathan or Wendel Clark - Out of these 4, who's the best fighter?

Out of these guys, who's the best fighter?

• Total voters
He spent most of his time terrorizing players in the minors with his brother, but Mario Roberge was another sub 6'0 toughie who did really well against NHL HWs when he did get called up.

I see what the problem is, you're stuck thinking that the guys from the 80s and early 90s were bigger (and better) than they actually are. These are some of the best guys McPhee fought:

Dave Brown: 220 lbs
John Kordic: 220 lbs
Dale Hunter: 200 lbs
Rick Tocchet: 210 lbs
etc.

Rypien fought guys of similar size who were also some of the toughest guys at that size at the time:

Zack Stortini: 230 lbs
Cam Janssen: 215 lbs
Chris Neil: 210 lbs
Cody McLeod: 205 lbs
Dan Carcillo: 205 lbs

There's not much difference. Asking Rypien to fight Brashear (lol) while guys like McPhee never fought anyone that size and never competed in a league with guys like Laraque, Brashear, Chara etc is laughable.

We can always agree to disagree but I'd also bet money on Rypien beating McPhee if they ever fought.

This is a good discussion, I like it makes my mind busy. lol But that's fair. You have your opinion, I have mine. We leave to that. You take care.

Enjoy the MMA fights and the NHL fights. lol

You didn't read my OP properly, it's out of these 4 guys. Who's the best fighter? I'm not asking who's the best NHL fighter ever. Just these 4.

Bob Probert
Dave Brown
Behn Wilson

These 3 could easily be named as the best of all time. But they are all 6 feet or taller, so they don't qualify for this thread/poll.

Dave Brown was really cool to me and an absolute cunt to some of my friends. Hard to tell what he's like but holeee fucking fuck did he ever have a massive cranium

I see what the problem is, you're stuck thinking that the guys from the 80s and early 90s were bigger (and better) fighters than they actually are. These are some of the best guys McPhee fought:

Dave Brown: 220 lbs
John Kordic: 220 lbs
Dale Hunter: 200 lbs
Rick Tocchet: 210 lbs
etc.

Rypien fought guys of similar size who were also some of the toughest guys at that size at the time:

Zack Stortini: 230 lbs
Cam Janssen: 215 lbs
Chris Neil: 210 lbs
Cody McLeod: 205 lbs
Dan Carcillo: 205 lbs
etc.

There's not much difference. Asking Rypien to fight Brashear (lol) while guys like McPhee never fought anyone that size and never competed in a league with guys like Laraque, Brashear, Chara etc who were absolutely massive and tough as hell is laughable.

We can always agree to disagree but I'd also bet money on Rypien beating McPhee if they ever fought.
Rippin Rick Rypien was a lot like pj stock, he had no business fighting some if the guys that he did but he always held his own. Animal.

He legit fought some of the buggest guys in the league at the time. He fought Hal Gill and didnt get creamed, gave up almost a foot height difference and 50 lbs.

Rypien would have been a massive fan favourite anywhere he ended up.

Shame that he didnt get the help he needed, he was special.

Same summer that good guy Belak died and a few months or a year after the Boogey man. That was a tough year on the popular tough guys if I have the timeline right.

Rippin Rick Rypien was a lot like pj stock, he had no business fighting some if the guys that he did but he always held his own. Animal.

He legit fought some of the buggest guys in the league at the time. He fought Hal Gill and didnt get creamed, gave up almost a foot height difference and 50 lbs.

Rypien would have been a massive fan favourite anywhere he ended up.

Shame that he didnt get the help he needed, he was special.

Same summer that good guy Belak died and a few months or a year after the Boogey man. That was a tough year on the popular tough guys if I have the timeline right.

Yeah he was pretty unbelievable. He had some of the best actual boxing in the league. He could easily switch hands, actually use solid defense, rip bombs on guys etc. It's a testament to how awesome he is that he was almost universally respected while playing for the Canucks. It's really a shame what happened.

Clark was a beauty…his fight with Mcsorley’s a classic.
Tony Twist & Joey Kocur were the scariest fighters purely because they had helmet-splitting power in their punches. Link Gaetz had serious potential to be an all time great enforcer too but career cut short. Probert, Domi, McCarthy, Ray, Ewen, Grimson, Baumgartner…damn I miss the good ‘ol days

Why is Clark on here when Probert whipped his ass?

As a wings fan, my vote goes to Probert
Did you read the op? It's about the toughest undersized fighter, which Probert definitely is not. And if you think Wendel got whipped in all their fights, you should watch them again. And what other 5 10 goal scorer ever fought Probert 3 times in a game? Probert was probably the best fighter ever, but give respect where it's due.

Did you read the op? It's about the toughest undersized fighter, which Probert definitely is not. And if you think Wendel got whipped in all their fights, you should watch them again. And what other 5 10 goal scorer ever fought Probert 3 times in a game? Probert was probably the best fighter ever, but give respect where it's due.
Yes, missed the part about being undersized at first.

My buddy said PJ Stock. Cum at him…..
<{cum@me}>

Back