PICTURE: Dana White Reponds to Alcantara vs. Nobre NC

Thing is, this will definitely have a worse effect on his career than a loss. If he'd went out there and been soundly beaten by a guy like Alcantara, no one would have cared.

There goes his golden ticket to the UFC. Bet he feels like a complete retard right now.

Guy was getting his ass kicked and was looking for a way out, now we got a guy tapping to strikes in the next fight....whats up Brazil?

I keep saying, the easiest thing to do to promote both safety and universality is "you have to hit in front of the ear. if you hit the ear with ANY part of your glove, you get a warning, then a penalty (maybe not a point, but stand up or something)

That way, guys will be smarter about their punches and we'll get less of these "kinda back of t he head" shots.

Strikes to the back of the head are NO joke guys. I have a friend who has 20% vision in his left eye from a simple bonk of his head in pretty much the same area as that fighter was hit.

I know how it looks, but you can't take spinal/neck injuries lightly ever.

how about we take away ground strikes all together? please go away

Guy was getting his ass kicked and was looking for a way out, now we got a guy tapping to strikes in the next fight....whats up Brazil?

Yeah, Brazil. This poster is gonna get in that cage and show you what is up.

I'm not exactly speaking as if I know it all whatsoever. Maybe you have some better suggestion then since you're trying to be the smartass with the weak zingers

There is no solution. We must give fighters the benefit of the doubt. Because if we didn't, and there in fact was a freak injury, then the UFC/mma really would be up shit creek.

I hope more people don't start doing this when they realize they're losing.

how about we take away ground strikes all together? please go away

Wow! What a useful response!

Thanks for such a useful comment after I simply laid out a possible outcome and used a personal anecdote from a person I know who felt an effect from a head strike.

You're super helpful! Thanks for being here!

Thoughts on what just went down?

Edit: Well, here's Dana's reaction. I also think it would help tremendously to train more bilingual referees.

2eedg6h.png

I'm always up for guys getting a second chance or even sometimes a third chance after losses, but after those disgusting actions I hope that Nobre is cut and never comes back. This also goes on Mirigliotta for thinking he was hit in the back of the head. Maybe one was a foul, but as a fighter you need to be prepared to get hit in the back of the head, and he was barely hit there, if at all! B.S.!! cut this guy, please!!

Don't know that Dan screwed up. What was he supposed to do.

Wow! What a useful response!

Thanks for such a useful comment after I simply laid out a possible outcome and used a personal anecdote from a person I know who felt an effect from a head strike.

You're super helpful! Thanks for being here!

"you have to hit in front of the ear" is the most retarded thing ive ever read on this forum is that more in-depth for you?

Wasnt it Dan that was making those crazy claims about being allowed to hit the back of the head if your pinky grazes the ear sometime after the strikes full power has hit?

Damn he's an awful ref...

Love or hate Dana the person (personally I'm a Dana fan), at least you know he will hook Alcantara up with the win bonus money...maybe more, guaranteed!

Back