PICTURE: Dana White Reponds to Alcantara vs. Nobre NC

Understatement of the night was that he wasn't getting much love from the Brazian crowd lol

Dan was just doing his job. Alcantara did land a couple to the back of the head. Nobre milked the shit outta that though

Most of them were legal. Rewind it if you can. Dan did a shit job of doing his job.

It was either that, get knocked unconscious or have an arm ripped off. Nobre had nothing for Alcantara.

Bogus. They need to get rid of the rule all together. I don't see how much more damage it can do when they had no issues I'm aware of in Pride with the way they used knees on a grounded opponent. I just don't see how it's any worse than any other way to finish someone.

The rule exists because of rabbit punches and the possible spinal damage that can result. It is however fucking retarded every person when mounted or it's convenient rolls to their belly and just covers up. When people do it for more than a few seconds they should be considered as surrendering.

I hope Dana hooks up yuri with more than a rematch .. Yuri is top 10 , he needs better competition

That's a pretty fucking irresponsible to say, even for Dana. How about if it in fact would have been a freak injury, and he would have died in the ring? Would that have been the right call then? People have died, or gotten seriously injured, from much less.
Idiot.

I guess they should just wear pads and not strike or submit. Hell lets take out all contact, its not like this is a combat sport after all.

i can't stop laughing.. The ref looking at him like 'wtf?' Dude planking in the octagon. lol.

Dan was just doing his job. Alcantara did land a couple to the back of the head. Nobre milked the shit outta that though

Maybe one if any at all. Dan did a terrible job especially since he was right there with a close look at everything.

Nobre goofed big time. He would have gotten another fight at flyweight if he went out on his shield. Now he's blacklisted.

The "mowhawk" zone is the spot for illegal strikes. Those strikes were nowhere near that part of the head. Terrible display by Nobre and yet another horrible call by the Mirg. Wasn't as if he had a bad angle. He was sitting right there two inches away for fuck's sake. Dan M is a fuckin hack of a ref.

No shots landed to the back of the head. Video replay confirmed. He was obviously dazed from the earlier punches.

Back