PICTURE: Dana White Reponds to Alcantara vs. Nobre NC

muhhead.gif

If you don't see a clear shot to the back of the head (two actually) that's willful ignorance on your part. Yes, we've all seen much worse and on many occasions. That's not the point. I too thought and still mostly think Nobre was faking the extent of the injury. That's not the point (and he may have been legitimately injured, idk). It doesn't matter because... it's still a clear shot to the back of the head. What happened next is the referee does exactly what he's supposed to do to protect the fighter (and the sport!). It's definitely not what the fans wanted and I sat there screaming bad call like everyone else. But the referee isn't there to always give the fans what they want. In fact most of the fans are retarded and at their most retarded while watching. Dana is smart to say "this is the end of Dan M" after the Khabib fight because if he did it after this one it would be a huge liability for the UFC. Even still, he could be perceived as taking retaliatory action against Dan M for doing his job correctly which is catnip for injury lawyers. And being put out of business by lawsuits is almost certainly the most dangerous tail risk the UFC has.

This ruined the night for me - had an accumulator on, Belfort by KO, Dollaway, Trinaldo and Alcantara.

Nobre cost me money! Personally, I thought he was done and wanted a way out, he milked it BIGTIME. Shocking stuff. Not saying there wasn't a single illegal punch in there but nothing to end the fight like that.

it's right on the "mohawk" line, right on the line towards the neck, no clear shot in the back of the head.

There's worse forums, but you post in the heavies during a fightnight... just be ready for aggressive and bitchy trolls who are mad they didn't have enough friends to watch it with.... so spew hate in here.

It's pretty commical half the time.

There must be an error in the system. 900+ posts in less than a month? really? REALLY? Do you live in these forums? Answer honestly, do you think it's over excessive?

This ruined the night for me - had an accumulator on, Belfort by KO, Dollaway, Trinaldo and Alcantara.

Nobre cost me money!

Another way to think about it: Alcantara cost you money. He could have put Nobre to bed five different ways there.

muhhead.gif

If you don't see a clear shot to the back of the head (two actually) that's willful ignorance on your part. Yes, we've all seen much worse and on many occasions. That's not the point. I too thought and still mostly think Nobre was faking the extent of the injury. That's not the point (and he may have been legitimately injured, idk). It doesn't matter because... it's still a clear shot to the back of the head. What happened next is the referee does exactly what he's supposed to do to protect the fighter (and the sport!). It's definitely not what the fans wanted and I sat there screaming bad call like everyone else. But the referee isn't there to always give the fans what they want. In fact most of the fans are retarded and at their most retarded while watching. Dana is smart to say "this is the end of Dan M" after the Khabib fight because if he did it after this one it would be a huge liability for the UFC. Even still, he could be perceived as taking retaliatory action against Dan M for doing his job correctly which is catnip for injury lawyers. And being put out of business by lawsuits is almost certainly the most dangerous tail risk the UFC has.
What lawsuit? What can Dana do to the AC?

Also, none of those shots were to the back of the head. Learn what is considered first, the ear is not on the back of your head. Also learn the "Mohawk" explanation, or better yet, look at one of Dana's previous v-logs where yves is talking to lauzon about it.

Big dan fucked up.

Back