Pico vs Max or Yair

I'd rather him try and get the Corrales win rather than fight Carvalho, Carvalho is absolutely garbage.
Corrales is nowhere near the rankings, though. That match does nothing to advance Pico in the rankings, it just lets him avenge a past loss. And while I dont think much of Carvalho he did look pretty good against Weichel. Styllistically, Carvalho would be defenseless against Pico's takedowns and will probably end with Carvalho unconcsious on the ground. This fight at least lets Pico fight someone ranked.

Corrales is nowhere near the rankings, though. That match does nothing to advance Pico in the rankings, it just lets him avenge a past loss. And while I dont think much of Carvalho he did look pretty good against Weichel. Styllistically, Carvalho would be defenseless against Pico's takedowns and will probably end with Carvalho unconcsious on the ground. This fight at least lets Pico fight someone ranked.

I didn't think Carvalho looked good against Weichel really, he got hurt loads of times and Weichel just gassed himself out trying to finish. The Corrales match has some stylistic intrigue to me whereas Carvalho has a bad chin and bad head movement which is almost a guaranteed KO against Pico. It'd go the same as the JayJay fight.

I didn't think Carvalho looked good against Weichel really, he got hurt loads of times and Weichel just gassed himself out trying to finish. The Corrales match has some stylistic intrigue to me whereas Carvalho has a bad chin and bad head movement which is almost a guaranteed KO against Pico. It'd go the same as the JayJay fight.
I personally like the Emanuel Sanchez or Borics rematch

Carvalho is not good indeed

I personally like the Emanuel Sanchez or Borics rematch

Carvalho is not good indeed

I think Borics deserves a title shot for beating Kennedy personally. Sanchez would be a stern test indeed.

I'd give Burnell the title shot and let Pico fight the winner of Borics/Kennedy. I think the Pitbull/AJ rematch will probably happen though.

I'd give Burnell the title shot and let Pico fight the winner of Borics/Kennedy. I think the Pitbull/AJ rematch will probably happen though.
Borics already beat Kennedy. I think Burnell vs Borics for title shot against AJ vs Pitbull winner. Pico could also fight someone ranked next (Carvalho, Sanchez vs Kennedy winner)

Borics already beat Kennedy. I think Burnell vs Borics for title shot against AJ vs Pitbull winner. Pico could also fight someone ranked next (Carvalho, Sanchez vs Kennedy winner)

Yeah I think putting Pico in title eliminators at this stage is jumping the queue somewhat.

Oh shit yes I was thinking of Sanchez/Kennedy. We're basically on the same page. Personally I'd give the shot to Burnell over Borics. I think Borics' claim is over rated a bit. Not a fan of a guy be pulled out on for a title eliminator and fall upwards into a title shot. Sanchez and Rogers is a better 2 fight streak then Kennedy and a can.

Either way there will be a chance for several guys to state their claim being that they're probably doing the Pitbull rematch. I'd like to see any combination of those 4 guys fight each other (Borics, Mads, Pico & Sanchez/Kennedy winner) with the best performance getting a title shot.

I mean that was literally his first bout how many years ago. You should look at the early losses of your fav Fighter

Your chin doesn't improve. And he hasn't improved his defense.

Yes, TS, Pico beats Max Holloway

good-boy-pat-on-head.gif
TBF, Pico is the fighter with the highest ceiling in MMA. IMO, he has the best combination of skills, experience, pedigree, and age in the entire sport. I wouldnt be surprised if he becomes the undisputed #1 one day. It is way too early to do fantasy match ups against the FW GOAT, right now he should face more ranking opposition in Bellator.

TBF, Pico is the fighter with the highest ceiling in MMA. IMO, he has the best combination of skills, experience, pedigree, and age in the entire sport. I wouldnt be surprised if he becomes the undisputed #1 one day. It is way too early to do fantasy match ups against the FW GOAT, right now he should face more ranking opposition in Bellator.

He has a very high ceiling but c'mon bro, Khamzat Chimaev has the highest ceiling in MMA.

Im not ready to say he beats them, and neither would I want to see those fights just yet. Lets see Pico face Sanchez, Burnell, or Borics (again) before we throw him to the wolves. Gonzales is a legit AF victory (and he made it look easy) but there is a big gap between Gonzales and Max.
I agree!!!!! Imo if the fights were today, he loses both of them…. Pico has 3 losses to far inferior fighters to this 2 main event guys

He has a very high ceiling but c'mon bro, Khamzat Chimaev has the highest ceiling in MMA.
Khamzat is certainly the better fighter now, and highest ceiling is not a question I have thought about a whole lot but It seems to me they've got pretty similar ceilings. Very, very different paths, but similar ceilings.

I think he beats both. He would have the grappling advantage and neither really has the power to put him out cold despite his defensive lapses. I really think pico can be built up to champ with proper matchmaking. I can't see any grappler beating him.

Him or McKee are going to need to move to UFC soon otherwise there is going to be issues with them not fighting and being champ/#1 soon.
Is it because he’s a D-1 wrestler?

It’s because he’s a D-1 wrestler isn’t it?

Khamzat is currently a better overall fighter. However, IMO, Pico has the tool box to become a better overall fighter eventually. Will he become a better fighter? IDK, maybe or maybe not. Again, IMHO, Khamzat will never have Pico's hands, for example, and I think he is close to his ceiling already. On the other hand, I think Pico is developing into an amazing complete fighter. Its hard to tell where his ceiling is at this point but he seems to be the complete package, save for his chin.

In any case, it doesnt matter, the point is that the question from the TS is 2 years too soon.

Back