Phil Robertson to Speak at GOP Convention

Really?, I thought that was that rancher idiot
Bundy said the same thing. Robertson made some pretty damn egregious comments about race in the same interview where he vented his hatred of homosexuals. The homosexual comments were more in your face and the race comments more "stupid old racist southerner".

Bundy said the same thing. Robertson made some pretty damn egregious comments about race in the same interview where he vented his hatred of homosexuals.

I remember the interview very well, I don't remember anything that he said that could be considered "hatred" though...

Do you all exist on some alternate internet with no google?
Pre civil rights south:
I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field .... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word! ... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.

Do you all exist on some alternate internet with no google?
Pre civil rights south:

He was stating what he saw and heard where he lived and not world wide.

But that doesn't mean he saw everything or was even right in his view, but only his perception.

Last edited:
He was starting what he saw and heard where he lived and not world wide.

But that doesn't mean he saw everything or was even right in his view, but only his perception.
Why try to hedge for him? Why not just say "myopic and ignorant"?

why make up stuff and claim he said it?
It was a discussion of the pre-CRA south. I'm not making anything up.
Why is it so hard to say "yeah, that's a pretty dumb thing to say".

He was stating what he saw and heard where he lived and not world wide.

Oh c'mon now....

That wasn't racist.

Well, you seem completely unbiased on the subject. Nothing about your account makes me think otherwise.

So he said blacks were happier before welfare existed. Somebody explain to me how that is racist.

Oh c'mon now....

Well, you seem completely unbiased on the subject. Nothing about your account makes me think otherwise.

I'm not saying he is wright just what he believe he saw.

I don't believe the man is racist, maybe he's in denial because he views the place he saw through limited eyes.

So he said blacks were happier before welfare existed. Somebody explain to me how that is racist.

He could honestly mean that, but it's likely its complete horseshit and he's longing for the good ol' days before civil rights. People lean towards the latter because he'd have to be infinitely stupid to believe the former.

Back