Phil Robertson to Speak at GOP Convention

He could honestly mean that, but it's likely its complete horseshit and he's longing for the good ol' days before civil rights. People lean towards the latter because he'd have to be infinitely stupid to believe the former.

Well there is a commonly held point of view that welfare was a big catalyst in the breakdown of the black family. I've heard some compelling arguments but don't know enough to fully endorse the idea. But I will say that there is no check big enough to cover the cost of breaking up our families.

Do you all exist on some alternate internet with no google?
Pre civil rights south:

Where did he say blacks were better off under Jim Crow? I don't see that in this paragraph. The only potentially troubling part of that paragraph is when he said "they were godly". If he means that we were godly but are no longer godly for whatever reason then yeah that would be offensive. But if all he is saying is he believes african americans seemed happier to him before welfare and entitlement programs then I don't see whats so racist and hateful about that. If he says he got along great with african americans and he never witnessed mistreatment(thats hard to believe, selective memory most likely) then whats the big deal.

You have to make up things and assign motivations that he never articulated to make this into something offensive or racist.

So he said blacks were happier before welfare existed. Somebody explain to me how that is racist.

Welfare has done more harm than good ....especially in regards to the African American community. I would argue that it has done almost irreparable damage.

NEWS FLASH: The GOP love ignorant old bigoted fossils.

The non lunatic conservatives out there need to stop kidding themselves in thinking the GOP don't court unsavoury characters on a regular basis. Most people who aren't living in the twilight zone see the GOP as a bunch of old bigoted racist morons. Sorry to break the news to you!

Where did he say blacks were better off under Jim Crow? I don't see that in this paragraph. The only potentially troubling part of that paragraph is when he said "they were godly". If he means that we were godly but are no longer godly for whatever reason then yeah that would be offensive. But if all he is saying is he believes african americans seemed happier to him before welfare and entitlement programs then I don't see whats so racist and hateful about that. If he says he got along great with african americans and he never witnessed mistreatment(thats hard to believe, selective memory most likely) then whats the big deal.

You have to make up things and assign motivations that he never articulated to make this into something offensive or racist.

He's talking about the Jim Crow south. He's talking about how the blacks were happy and singing in the fields under Jim Crow relative to now, what with their welfare.

The hoops some of you are willing to jump through to rationalize comments that can at best be described as ignorant and stupid is pretty sad. Also note I didn't say he was racist or that his comments were racist. I said that he made some dumbass comments about race.

He could honestly mean that, but it's likely its complete horseshit and he's longing for the good ol' days before civil rights. People lean towards the latter because he'd have to be infinitely stupid to believe the former.

Um have you ever watched Duck Dynasty? These guys don't exactly come across as rocket scientists.

He's talking about the Jim Crow south. He's talking about how the blacks were happy and singing in the fields under Jim Crow relative to now, what with their welfare.

The hoops some of you are willing to jump through to rationalize comments that can at best be described as ignorant and stupid is pretty sad. Also note I didn't say he was racist or that his comments were racist. I said that he made some dumbass comments about race.
Especially a "black" person like TCK.

Now add Donald Trump, Donald Sterling, and Ted Nugent and you got yourself a winning ticket, amirite.

Now add Donald Trump, Donald Sterling, and Ted Nugent and you got yourself a winning ticket, amirite.

If only War Room regulars voted that would indeed include the president and cabinet. Sterling leading HUD of course.

And lunch will be probably be catered by Chic-fil-a. Not sure how anybody can take these attention whores seriously. LOL.

Um have you ever watched Duck Dynasty? These guys don't exactly come across as rocket scientists.

It's all an act. They're not morons even if they are ignorant ass hats.

I have to admit, the anti-DD people in this thread are cracking me up with some pretty funny posts.

It's all an act. They're not morons even if they are ignorant ass hats.

Lol. They are very intelligent. They designed the best duck calls in the world and created a brand. You are right it is an act. Except for Phil. I watch the show occasionally and I think Phil on the show is really the same Phil in real life.

Lol. They are very intelligent. They designed the best duck calls in the world and created a brand. You are right it is an act. Except for Phil. I watch the show occasionally and I think Phil on the show is really the same Phil in real life.

so they are all intelligent except for Phil? Cause Phil comes across as a dumbass on the show.

so they are all intelligent except for Phil? Cause Phil comes across as a dumbass on the show.

I cannot change how Phil comes across to you. But I believe Phil is very intelligent. He designed the bird calls from what I heard.

I cannot change how Phil comes across to you. But I believe Phil is very intelligent. He designed the bird calls from what I heard.

so you measure someone's intelligence based on the fact that they designed a duck call? I guess that is one way of looking at things.

Well Phil does know how to attract quacks.

I don't live in a world where opposition to gay marriage = hate, you see, that's a brainless morons world

Opposition to gay marriage pretty much is hate. It has no practical purpose but to shit on gay people.

Robertson's recent notoriety (the reason they're bringing him in to speak) was based on an interview where he implied that homosexuality was the biggest problem with America. No, not hateful at all.

Back