Phil Davis reaction to Jon Jones win @ UFC 165

watch how Weidman turns around with clenched fists and watches him, then Davis looks at him and Weidman starts celebrating

hilarious

Yeah... what's with Weidman celebrating Jones winning? :icon_neut

I've always loved watching Jones fight. But after this fight I hope that, if anything, we can hear a little less from Jones about his "story", as if he's the Messiah of the light-heavyweight division.

You don't need to be from Sweden to react that way. I had a similar reaction.

WTF is something that I said a lot.

I am a Machida fan and I remember feeling like Davis could easily have won two rounds. If Machida doesn't want to lose close decisions he should try engaging and attacking more.

The problem is that if a guy just "could have" won a round, than it should be scored a draw round--too often fans and judges just flip a coin on a close round and it creates BS decisions.

That was anything BUT a cool reaction. Phil doesn't want to fight Bones because he'd get wrecked.

Hehe, thanks for the vid :) Phil is a cool guy. Mcdonald's reaction was priceless too.

I kinda thought that Davis was buddy buddy with Gus to the point where he wouldn't want to fight him for the belt? Which would make it weird for him to be so pissed that he didn't get the belt...theoretically Davis should want someone he's eager to fight to have the belt. Davis is not far from a title shot.

I guess he sort of considers himself one of Gus' coaches though, so he wanted his boy to win.

Ok, but Phil is Gustavs buddy now and trained him for his grappling/wrestling...of course he would be upset.

Nothing surprising here.

He should be happy, maybe he will get his chance to LNP his way to victory over Jones in 6 months.

Yup. Although I think a victory for Gus would cement his own title shot should Gus defend vs. Texeira. And it's a more winnable fight for him then Jones imo.

This was one of those fights where you can't possibly say that either decision was a "robbery". The 49-46 was a little bogus, though. Parts of the fight were sort of like Henderson vs. Shogun in that both sides had so many successful offensive moves that it just depended on what things you favored more. Both could have been a draw, and I don't think many would have disagreed.

Thought Weidman would be rooting for Gustafsson as they've trained together before.

I think even Dana thought Gus won.. He said he didn't score the fight but a lot of the time he tells us who he thinks won. I think it's just because he doesn't want to talk down about the champion (which is understandable from a marketing standpoint)

I think the majority of people had this same reaction. Rematch!

That was everyones reaction except the 9 Jones fans, vocal minority

and they've invaded not only the atheletic commission but also virtually all the media scoring the fight for Jones.

Back