PBP PFL Super Fights: Battle of the Giants: Ngannou vs Ferreira ***Sherdog Discussion*** 10/19 1:30PM ET (ESPN+/DAZN PPV)

I was going to shower, but I thought It's 4pm, the fights are starting.........

I could have showered.

I took a picture with Randy Couture he so nice but if it's the only picture then it's not worth a thread even though I'm smiling with my teeth showing

Pagentry peaked during Tatchi's dancing indian and its all been downhill from there

I actually like alternatives, btw. Not dunking on the PFL. I actually want them to succeed as I'm uninterested in most UFC cards these days, but the PFL just really does itself no favors a lot of the time.

Place is fucking empty
I remember when Qatar's royal family wanted to watch the MXGP. They actually scheduled a night race on the MXGP schedule just for the family in Qatar. lol, they literally had like 20 people there watching the best motocross racers in the world.

Why not just have the fighters walk out?
Could have brought out the Pride lady and have epic entrances instead of this low energy cringe, worse it was bookended by the Charisma vacuum Randy Couture's hype speech (goat fighter tho).

Could have had Randy jamming to a similar Pride theme
tumblr_m74ubvN71p1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Fully expecting this to be very one sided for McKee

I remember when Qatar's royal family wanted to watch the MXGP. They actually scheduled a night race on the MXGP schedule just for the family. lol, they literally had like 20 people watching the best motocross racers in the world.
That's 20 too many watching that to be fair.

That speech by Randy got me all pumped up, gonna kung fu kick all the pillows off my couch like I was ten! FUCK YEAH PFL!

Paul Hughes' Nipsey entrances are always epic.

Agreed. Given PFL's pacing is not good, I'd rather watch this than the Ngannou vs. Ferreira or Larissa Pacheco defeats Kayla Harrison highlights they've played 20-30 times already again.

I also like the ramp and really wouldn't mind it if the UFC cut out some fights from their endless cards and allowed the fighters to actually show some personality during their walkouts like they do in the big JMMA events.
One of the main things I've perpetually enjoyed about Japanese cards, they can have some dude I've never even heard of come out, and they give you a nice, creative promo and dude's background, and give him time to build a rapport with the audience. Some things I will just always feel Japan does better

“Seriously, when Giants collide it’s something that you aren’t going to want to miss. Once you buy the PPV… you are not only going to get that action but you are also going to be the coolest guy in your city. You’re not going to be a loser anymore, you’re going to get chicks and start to get in on the types of activities that will eventually lead to you losing your virginity. Don’t hesitate! Buy the PPV now!!”

Back