News PFL 4 Fights Announced

Yea my interest in PFL diminishes with every card they announce. I think they peaked at season 2.

How about just making it a regular tournament? Wild idea I know, no one gives a fuck about a bout between Loughnane and Pinedo, that’s the truth. Abysmally bad headliner that will bring no one in

How is this not that though?

In tournaments...first usually faces last and works there way up to the 1-2 facing each other..

This is regular season too ..

Im just wondering what else could be done? Instead...

If he fights his toughest match up ...what does the rest of the matches look like come play offs or finals? ..

Im just not understanding how else it could go?

The top 4 right now are ..

Jenkins...Molvid...flores and loughnane..

So you could do these four facing each other now in week 2 of regular season...but then how does the play offs work?...

Does Loughnane face Pinedo in the play off instead?...cuz Jenkins takes a loss now? Or someone else from the top 4...

I just don't see the issue here...if Pinedo is good he has his chance to move up now...a win here could push him towards the play offs...if not loughnane moves on as expected based on seating and rank

How is this not that though?

In tournaments...first usually faces last and works there way up to the 1-2 facing each other..

This is regular season too ..

Im just wondering what else could be done? Instead...

If he fights his toughest match up ...what does the rest of the matches look like come play offs or finals? ..

Im just not understanding how else it could go?

The top 4 right now are ..

Jenkins...Molvid...flores and loughnane..

So you could do these four facing each other now in week 2 of regular season...but then how does the play offs work?...

Does Loughnane face Pinedo in the play off instead?...cuz Jenkins takes a loss now? Or someone else from the top 4...

I just don't see the issue here...if Pinedo is good he has his chance to move up now...a win here could push him towards the play offs...if not loughnane moves on as expected based on seating and rank
There is no need for a “regular season”. Also I have no interest in a guy coming off a loss facing the first seed. Bouts should increase in how hard they are, not alternate randomly depending on who they are trying to push

instead of throwing your hands up at somehow a normal tournament bracket is some otherworldly thing. do you care about Loughnane vs. Pinedo

Yea my interest in PFL diminishes with every card they announce. I think they peaked at season 2.
When the top guys are the same 3-4 guys year after year and they always beat whoever newcomers they bring in, it’s not that interesting.

There is no need for a “regular season”. Also I have no interest in a guy coming off a loss facing the first seed. Bouts should increase in how hard they are, not alternate randomly depending on who they are trying to push

instead of throwing your hands up at somehow a normal tournament bracket is some otherworldly thing. do you care about Loughnane vs. Pinedo

Upset factor alone kinda makes it intriguing...theres alot on the line with every fight and MMA is unpredictable so you never know ...

Its regular season so im okay with whatever matches come up , its a different system then other promotions sure...but this is pretty fair considering one fight doesnt define any fighter ..maybe we dont know or care of Pinedo now..but maybe this year is the year people start?

I think i get what your trying say ...about a more direct straight single elimination tournament, but that said i feel like this actually ensures the best/better fighters make it to the final vs single elimination the best/better fighter doesnt always rise to the top...

Consistently performing a task well is how you determine who is the best at something or better...

Upset factor alone kinda makes it intriguing...theres alot on the line with every fight and MMA is unpredictable so you never know ...

Its regular season so im okay with whatever matches come up , its a different system then other promotions sure...but this is pretty fair considering one fight doesnt define any fighter ..maybe we dont know or care of Pinedo now..but maybe this year is the year people start?

I think i get what your trying say ...about a more direct straight single elimination tournament, but that said i feel like this actually ensures the best/better fighters make it to the final vs single elimination the best/better fighter doesnt always rise to the top...

Consistently performing a task well is how you determine who is the best at something or better...
If we are going for upset factor, why don’t we just book the worst fighters on the roster against the best every time because 1 in 100 chance at a upset.

GM3 vs. Izzy, Mo Usman vs. Jon Jones, Lando Vannata vs. Islam

the whole regular season thing is stupid and no one likes it and most casuals have no idea what it is

imagine a casual tuning into PFL and having people ramble about 5 or 6 points for 45 min between each bout. I would turn off instantly

If we are going for upset factor, why don’t we just book the worst fighters on the roster against the best every time because 1 in 100 chance at a upset.

GM3 vs. Izzy, Mo Usman vs. Jon Jones, Lando Vannata vs. Islam

the whole regular season thing is stupid and no one likes it and most casuals have no idea what it is

imagine a casual tuning into PFL and having people ramble about 5 or 6 points for 45 min between each bout. I would turn off instantly

I mean thats how PFL does it....

U dont have to watch if it bothers you that much ...

It doesnt bother me at all, i understand it quite easily most casuals who watch other sports would too ..as most sports are point/standings based..with playoffs

But i get its different then the norm for MMA..and may come off as mundane abit or repeative..

I mean thats how PFL does it....

U dont have to watch if it bothers you that much ...

It doesnt bother me at all, i understand it quite easily most casuals who watch other sports would too ..as most sports are point/standings based..with playoffs

But i get its different then the norm for MMA..and may come off as mundane abit or repeative..
Oh don’t worry, I don’t watch it because of the abysmal pacing

Wait, there aren't brackets? I assumed 1-0s would fight 1-0s and 0-1s would fight 0-1s and then 2-0 face 2-0s and 1-1s face 1-1s. We just watched Daniel Torres get wrestled by a Mexican man and now he's fighting Movlid? I was looking forward to the potential Jenkins vs Movlid...what the fuck is this?
There are only two fights in the 'regular season'. No brackets, just favourable matchups for the favourites.

i just hope they dont do the matchups where one guy is clearly a better wrestler than the other guy. nothing like seeing a lopsided decision where one guy just could not defend a takedown. please match up wrestlers against wrestlers and keep this show moving.

I wonder if UFC influenced the Nevada commission since this many failures is wild and it’s all commission testing at the event

I wonder if UFC influenced the Nevada commission since this many failures is wild and it’s all commission testing at the event
Has to be. To go from never getting caught to the whole card getting flagged is suspicious. PFL is just one big mess.

Didn't PFL inform their fighters that they get tested or why are so many guys getting caught right now?

How many people do you think know that there is a PFL and ONE Prime event this week? But I thought those promotions were promoting geniuses.

How many people do you think know that there is a PFL and ONE Prime event this week? But I thought those promotions were promoting geniuses.
The next 3 ONE cards really show the lack of depth in their divisions. They are a bunch of kickboxing and muy thai fights with one or two random mma fights. I'll be watching but they arent interesting in the least.

PFL 4 and 5 fucking suck and they are worse than Bellator at promoting.

Its weird but yesterday's UFC, and upcoming PFL and ONE events are VERY underwhelming. Its not until UFC on ABC 5 that we will get a good MMA card.

The next 3 ONE cards really show the lack of depth in their divisions. They are a bunch of kickboxing and muy thai fights with one or two random mma fights. I'll be watching but they arent interesting in the least.

PFL 4 and 5 fucking suck and they are worse than Bellator at promoting.

Its weird but yesterday's UFC, and upcoming PFL and ONE events are VERY underwhelming. Its not until UFC on ABC 5 that we will get a good MMA card.
The UFC PPV This week is very weak as well

Back