News PFL 4 Fights Announced

Classic PFL regular season matchmaking. Mismatch galore

Braga is also not in since he was a fill in and he is back on reserve duty again

Last edited:
So they're re-inserting So Jungbin even though his replacement Gabriel Braga won his last season-bout?

That be a PFL thing to do.

Wait, there aren't brackets? I assumed 1-0s would fight 1-0s and 0-1s would fight 0-1s and then 2-0 face 2-0s and 1-1s face 1-1s. We just watched Daniel Torres get wrestled by a Mexican man and now he's fighting Movlid? I was looking forward to the potential Jenkins vs Movlid...what the fuck is this?

Wait, there aren't brackets? I assumed 1-0s would fight 1-0s and 0-1s would fight 0-1s and then 2-0 face 2-0s and 1-1s face 1-1s. We just watched Daniel Torres get wrestled by a Mexican man and now he's fighting Movlid? I was looking forward to the potential Jenkins vs Movlid...what the fuck is this?
Are you new to PFL? They matchmake who they want in the playoffs

New, no, but I never followed it so closely as to know how they matchmake or the rules behind the tournament structure. This is dog shit though.

They are really pushing for Loughnane to be a thing, for example. Also, just wait and see how Buegos will get an absolute bum to make sure he makes 6 points and makes the play offs.

They are really pushing for Loughnane to be a thing, for example. Also, just wait and see how Buegos will get an absolute bum to make sure he makes 6 points and makes the play offs.

Burgos was never that good, he wasn't some super talented guy with tons of upside...just a fringe top 15 Featherweight in the UFC and the UFCs FW division is quite thin. Why they overpaid for Burgos of all people really boggled my mind, he isn't even some fan favorite.

So the playoffs are when the good fighters actually fight each other? I wanted to see Umalatov vs Leal or Sy. I wanted to see Movlid vs Loughnane or Jenkins. Fuck.

If they don't make Burgos Vs Clay Collard I'm going to be very upset.

Burgos was never that good, he wasn't some super talented guy with tons of upside...just a fringe top 15 Featherweight in the UFC and the UFCs FW division is quite thin. Why they overpaid for Burgos of all people really boggled my mind, he isn't even some fan favorite.

So the playoffs are when the good fighters actually fight each other? I wanted to see Umalatov vs Leal or Sy. I wanted to see Movlid vs Loughnane or Jenkins. Fuck.
Ya playoffs is usually when the good bouts happen, the first 6 cards of PFL season are just matchmaking the worst with the best

If they don't make Burgos Vs Clay Collard I'm going to be very upset.
I wouldnt hold my breath. Matching Burgos and Collard would means that one or them wont make the play offs. So, perhaps the idea of Burgos vs local taxi driver isnt that bad of an idea, its just ridiculous. It might lead to Burgos vs Collard in the play offs.

I was afraid they were going to match Marlon up with Ryoji Kudo. At least this is a fight he probably won't be knocked out in.

They really want Loughnane to be one of the faces of the org.

They really want Loughnane to be one of the faces of the org.
Makes sense, he is one of the most exciting fighters in the roster plus he is British. So, it makes sense that they want to make him the face, particularly now without Kayla.

Can Moraes actually get a win this time? Garcia is 3-1 in PFL.

I dunno man.. they only have a certain number of fights then can do to make the play offs..

Who would you want to see him fight instead during the regular season? Instead of against them in playoffs or finals? ..

I think PFL is only controlling it just enough to make sure some good potential match ups are left for the finals or play offs...

It would be cool if they did a round robin where everyone fights everyone and the two with the most points at the end compete for the final ...but thats alot of fights in one calendar year...

Im not arguing with you but id just like to understand whats the alternative..

I do agree if ur a fill in and won ...you should carry on....thats pretty sketchy to me

I dunno man.. they only have a certain number of fights then can do to make the play offs..

Who would you want to see him fight instead during the regular season? Instead of against them in playoffs or finals? ..

I think PFL is only controlling it just enough to make sure some good potential match ups are left for the finals or play offs...

It would be cool if they did a round robin where everyone fights everyone and the two with the most points at the end compete for the final ...but thats alot of fights in one calendar year...

Im not arguing with you but id just like to understand whats the alternative..

I do agree if ur a fill in and won ...you should carry on....thats pretty sketchy to me
How about just making it a regular tournament? Wild idea I know, no one gives a fuck about a bout between Loughnane and Pinedo, that’s the truth. Abysmally bad headliner that will bring no one in

Back