News PFL 4 Fights Announced

It's a really shitty card, that's the problem. Not enough depth and too much lopsided matchmaking. What fight is anyone supposed to get excited about?

Then again this is true of about 75% of UFC cards yet they still get talked about.

Tbf lopsided matchmaking is one thing I wouldn't accuse the UFC of doing for the most part

It is kind of amazing how unpopular MMA is as a sport overall...

Reminds me of how PFL's previous President stepped down to become the CEO of World Team Table Tennis...

Good number for them for sure, yeah the lead in was big but thats what you want if you're a boxing or mma org on ESPN. You want the big college football game or basketball game on before to suck some viewers from that.

It is kind of amazing how unpopular MMA is as a sport overall...

Reminds me of how PFL's previous President stepped down to become the CEO of World Team Table Tennis...
Table Tennis is a popular sport though just not in a lot of the English speaking markets.

Definitely does put into perspective seeing women's softball whoop PFL's ass though.

Table Tennis is a popular sport though just not in a lot of the English speaking markets.

Definitely does put into perspective seeing women's softball whoop PFL's ass though.
Its crazy that women's college softball draws more than even the UFC. Makes you wonder how much money is there for promotions like PFL and Bellator.

Its crazy that women's college softball draws more than even the UFC. Makes you wonder how much money is there for promotions like PFL and Bellator.
I think it's just combat sports are a very hard sport to sell to parents and kids, which is when most people pick up their appreciation of it. We all know kids who played soccer, baseball, softball, basketball, etc. but MMA and boxing are much harder to sell to parents. Sign your kid up to get punched in the head.

No really big purses, everyone is the same or a little more from last year, except looks like Loughnane took a paycut
Surprised to see Loughnane took a paycut. And to top it off he disnt make the play offs. This sport is brutal but I hope to see him in a showcase fight in the next events.

Surprised to see Loughnane took a paycut. And to top it off he disnt make the play offs. This sport is brutal but I hope to see him in a showcase fight in the next events.
It's a horrible situation all around for him since he wanted to take this season off, but PFL wouldn't let him.

They like being shitty to most of their FW champs it seems.

Back