Pettis vs Conor was possible

Pettis? No thanks

I think Nate vs Mcgregor, due the circumstances and the time for the fight, was the right choice
Cowboy tends to bend on big fights and just got destroyed by RDA. If this fight would have been at 155 it would have been perfect since Nate was on his way for another crack at the belt, but like i said, it was on short time

Conor ducked Pettis
The word is, he asked for Nate months ago and settled on it. Even if Khabib, Ferguson, Pettis, Benson, and Cerrone presented themselves at the time, he still would have gone with Nate. Not a surprise since he ducked Frankie last summer.

if Pettis didn't lose to Alvarez he probably would have gotten the fight which is a shame because that would've been amazing.......fuckin Alvarez ruined a perfectly good match up with his lay and pray i mean other than that Pettis last lose was via RDA who destroyed Nate as well some of you seem to be ignoring that fact

2 guys with great striking and granite chins so the fight would most likely go the distance not only that but Pettis can lock in a submission in the blink of an eye so there's always the threat of that

Last edited:
he is a dying breed, he was a fighter not a sportsmen

he would fight anyone anywhere

he was not even remotely concerned whether it ruined his record

this was good when he was in his prime as he was happy to move up to welterweight and fight the two best guys in that divisions history

but when he fell away it led to the third edgar fight and the macdonald fight which was such a beatdown it was hard to watch and rory only didnt finish him out of respect
Throw in the Diaz fight as well - he took a beating in that one as well.

I was a little bummed about Diaz at first, definitely would have preferred the fight with RDA still be on. But after the presser, Im thrilled its Nate.

I fully support Conor getting easy KO wins against Nate/Cerrone/Aldo2 etc before taking on someone like Khabib. No point in killing the momentum Conor has right now, at least not until Khabib can prove he can stay healthy for more than 2 months.

The word is, he asked for Nate months ago and settled on it. Even if Khabib, Ferguson, Pettis, Benson, and Cerrone presented themselves at the time, he still would have gone with Nate. Not a surprise since he ducked Frankie last summer.
Diaz was hand picked as he's very hit table and beatable and does good trash talk. I would like ufc to become something close to a real sport again.

Someone in BJ's family, perhaps his children, need to sit down with BJ, maybe invite Rogan over to join as well, and have "the talk" with him.

I love Pettis, but coming off of two loses, how does he deserve a RPN...
Plus, Conor will probably face RDA this year, not if he loses to Pettis.

"We called ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone. [He] absolutely accepted the fight, would love to take the fight. BJ Penn wanted the fight, Anthony Pettis wanted the fight, a lot of people wanted this fight. But we ended up with Nate Diaz. We felt this was the fight to make and the fight that the fans wanted to see."

m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2619234-dana-white-says-conor-mcgregor-wanted-nate-diaz-reveals-full-shortlist

Which fight would you prefer, the mma fan all things considered, Pettis vs Conor or Nate vs Conor?
Any of the above.....

And this is why he was absolutely obliterated by Rory. Let's not confuse bravery and idiocy.
No. Let's actually. Bj was a two division champ for being an idiot according to you.

As far as the fights alone (not counting theatrics), Pettis is the best, then Cerrone, then Diaz. You can state that Pettis has lost two in a row but at the same time he has reached higher levels of performance than Cerrone or Diaz ever have, and you never know when he might show those flashes again. It wasn't long ago that he finished Bendo, Cerrone, and Melendez back to back to back. Top fighters sometimes go through slumps and come out of them.

Cerrone is interesting because he's a big strong guy who has underrated takedowns and ground game to go along with his striking. Diaz has a great ground game but bad takedowns.

Pettis was in one of the most disappointing fights of 2016. What is a promoter supposed to do with that?

No. Let's actually. Bj was a two division champ for being an idiot according to you.

Things change. What was bravery in 2010, is now idiocy. Weight cutting has become a huge factor, and considering BJ hates it, then it will work against him. It did in horrible fashion. He was waaaaaaay too small for Rory, and Nick just toyed with him for the most part. That's because he's a tiny WW. Might be able to get away with being so small at WW if you're going against no-names on a local circuit, but against Top 10 guys in 2014 and beyond..? No. That's just stupid.

For the record, I've like him quite a bit over the years, and I mean no disrespect, but he was foolish for thinking he could go to 170 and fight Rory or Nick. He's out of his prime, and too small at welter weight. Watching him get clowned by Rory was fucking horrible and I hated every second of it. What a long and needless pounding that was. It was a stupid fight BJ should've known better than to take. So yea, what might be brave half a decade ago against Hughes, might be construed as dumb a few years later against Rory.

Funny how things don't stay the same.

Things change. What was bravery in 2010, is now idiocy. Weight cutting has become a huge factor, and considering BJ hates it, then it will work against him. It did in horrible fashion. He was waaaaaaay too small for Rory, and Nick just toyed with him for the most part. That's because he's a tiny WW. Might be able to get away with being so small at WW if you're going against no-names on a local circuit, but against Top 10 guys in 2014 and beyond..? No. That's just stupid.

For the record, I've like him quite a bit over the years, and I mean no disrespect, but he was foolish for thinking he could go to 170 and fight Rory or Nick. He's out of his prime, and too small at welter weight. Watching him get clowned by Rory was fucking horrible and I hated every second of it. What a long and needless pounding that was. It was a stupid fight BJ should've known better than to take. So yea, what might be brave half a decade ago against Hughes, might be construed as dumb a few years later against Rory.

Funny how things don't stay the same.
Rory beat his ass...BJ punked Diaz in the first round of that fight. He gassed, plain and simple. But fair play on the rest, not much argument otherwise.

Rory beat his ass...BJ punked Diaz in the first round of that fight. He gassed, plain and simple. But fair play on the rest, not much argument otherwise.

I get so frustrated by Penn. After GSP beat his ass, he should've been like "Never gonna fight at 170 again" but he just can't grasp that idea. He wasted so much time fighting guys that were so much bigger than him. He hurt his reputation, his legacy, his paychecks, and his body for literally no reason other than "I CAN FIGHT ANYONE!!!" That's high school shit. His fight with Rory is in my Top 10 least favorite fights ever.

I hate Pettis.

But he would have the best chance to defeat Conor in a standup fight.

Back