Pettis vs Conor was possible

SocMaCheema

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
"We called ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone. [He] absolutely accepted the fight, would love to take the fight. BJ Penn wanted the fight, Anthony Pettis wanted the fight, a lot of people wanted this fight. But we ended up with Nate Diaz. We felt this was the fight to make and the fight that the fans wanted to see."

m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2619234-dana-white-says-conor-mcgregor-wanted-nate-diaz-reveals-full-shortlist

Which fight would you prefer, the mma fan all things considered, Pettis vs Conor or Nate vs Conor?

Lost he last two fights back to back hard to sell that fight. I love to see it just for the standup battle.

"We called ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone. [He] absolutely accepted the fight, would love to take the fight. BJ Penn wanted the fight, Anthony Pettis wanted the fight, a lot of people wanted this fight. But we ended up with Nate Diaz. We felt this was the fight to make and the fight that the fans wanted to see."

m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2619234-dana-white-says-conor-mcgregor-wanted-nate-diaz-reveals-full-shortlist

Which fight would you prefer, the mma fan all things considered, Pettis vs Conor or Nate vs Conor?
They were smart enough to know pettis would pull out with an injury and that is an even easier fight for Conor than diaz.

Petttis looks like he's lost interest in the sport. That third round vs Eddie was sad. I think Barboza might retire him if he doesn't chance something.

Petttis looks like he's lost interest in the sport. That third round vs Eddie was sad. I think Barboza might retire him if he doesn't chance something.

He is not bringing new things since Cerrone. That body kick he hit on Cerrone made he think he was going to win his fights by only using that kick. Since them he looked very predictable which is weird because Pettis used to be a fighter you didn't know what is coming.

Also he looked almost out of shape compared to his other fights. I won't speculate as to why but thought it was interesting

he has lost 2 fights in a row so it wouldnt have made sense.

plenty of opportunities to fight other guys. Dana gives him the list and he hand picks the opponent...LOVE Diaz but hes to stationary and slow for connor

BJ penn will literally fight anyone

im pretty sure he would fight rumble or jon jones on short notice

just straight up doesnt give a shit

mcgregor ducking continues

I think TS just asked which one we prefer, he never said anything about ducking.

As a fan I say I prefer a fight with Pettis as he has never been KOed, I think it would be a slightly more interesting fight than Diaz, anyway, I'm good with Nate too.

BJ penn will literally fight anyone

im pretty sure he would fight rumble or jon jones on short notice

just straight up doesnt give a shit

And this is why he was absolutely obliterated by Rory. Let's not confuse bravery and idiocy.

Pettis/Cerrone would have been the better fight but it doesn't make sense when Pettis 1-2 in his last 3 fights

and he would probably just pull out of the fight the night before too

The ufc went with easiest option

Also he looked almost out of shape compared to his other fights. I won't speculate as to why but thought it was interesting
giphy.gif

So Cowboy accepted the fight but the UFC said "No".

lol. Wonder why.

And this is why he was absolutely obliterated by Rory. Let's not confuse bravery and idiocy.
he is a dying breed, he was a fighter not a sportsmen

he would fight anyone anywhere

he was not even remotely concerned whether it ruined his record

this was good when he was in his prime as he was happy to move up to welterweight and fight the two best guys in that divisions history

but when he fell away it led to the third edgar fight and the macdonald fight which was such a beatdown it was hard to watch and rory only didnt finish him out of respect

Well the game passed him by. Ten years ago, you could get away with it. Now, not so much. The game is too evolved, and weight cutting perfected.

I still call him stupid. You could see his spirit being ruined by Rory. And GSP. Pointless fights that proved BJ was indeed not a welterweight, and nothing more.

Nate is the last match-up I wanted to see in the stand-up even with Nate's good hands I still would favor Conor. Nate is hitable and not the strongest of fighters @LW and I don't think he finds any added extra strength @WW. Pettis & Conor would've made a pretty fight to look at considering how both Conor & Anthony fight.

Back