Pettis vs Conor was possible

Who the fuck cares if pettis lost 2 of his last three, he lost his belt to the champion, and he lost a boring lay n pray decision.
Styles make fights, pettis vs mcgregor is a fight with guaranteed fireworks and we can guage his performance to rdas.
Pettis has a solid chin and would be the first guy i have ever seen attack conors body.
I like the diaz fight, but the conor didn't pick the most challenging fight

the cage kick was over 5 years ago, the hype is way past its expiration

Petttis looks like he's lost interest in the sport. That third round vs Eddie was sad. I think Barboza might retire him if he doesn't chance something.

LOL stawhp it

That will be a barn burner of a fight both guys don't like the ground and both have great striking skills. Pettis with a loss though isn't going to retire. That division is filled with monsters, anyone could lose to anyone

The UFC didn't want Anthony Pettis to lose 3 in a row so he was never anywhere near the top of their list

LOL stawhp it

That will be a barn burner of a fight both guys don't like the ground and both have great striking skills. Pettis with a loss though isn't going to retire. That division is filled with monsters, anyone could lose to anyone

Not that he doesn't have skills to hang on but somethings changed for him in the past few years. Like he didnt even try vs Eddie despite the furious cornermen yelling for him to do something.

I get why they didn't give it to Pettis... question is... why the hell did Khabib get turned down!?

Look at it this way right:

Edgar: Torn groin, fight at 155, absolutely pointless for him. Could win the fight and still not even have the belt lol.

Aldo: When did he last fight at 155? You get KO'd at 145, probably not a good idea to face the guy at 155. He wouldn't get his belt back - and he'd just been cleared to fight again. Too soon.

Cerrone: They could have done this fight, but with a Cerrone win, what happens??? Just an odd scenario.

Pettis: Lost 2 in a row, and is a TERRIBLE stylistic match for Conor. Why risk it?

Alvarez: Could have done this... I think he said he didn't want to waste a great opportunity without a camp.

Khabib: Someone explain this to me??? He is the number 1 contender already. Has beaten RDA, in his LAST fight! Yes he's been out for ages, but who cares? Diaz has fought like twice in 2-3 years!? They were obviously scared that Khabib would wrestle-fuck him... and it would have happened.

Also he looked almost out of shape compared to his other fights. I won't speculate as to why but thought it was interesting

Def, he was tiny and soft in that fight. He was never the most muscular, just a very lean, effective fighter but he couldn't do shit to get Alvarez off him. Looked a lot slower as well.

Conor ducked Pettis

Honestly from that Alvarez showing, Conor would fucking go NCAA Big Ten on Pettis and just out wrestle him to an easy UD.

Conor is more effective and accurate at the same range Pettis utilizes. Pettis would def land some decent kicks but he would get overwhelmed.

I don't think Conor wanted any of Pettis or Cowboy. There. I said it.

And this is why he was absolutely obliterated by Rory. Let's not confuse bravery and idiocy.
He's still one of the bravest fighters of all time tho. Probably the bravest. But Conor is giving him a run for his money.

I get so frustrated by Penn. After GSP beat his ass, he should've been like "Never gonna fight at 170 again" but he just can't grasp that idea. He wasted so much time fighting guys that were so much bigger than him. He hurt his reputation, his legacy, his paychecks, and his body for literally no reason other than "I CAN FIGHT ANYONE!!!" That's high school shit. His fight with Rory is in my Top 10 least favorite fights ever.
meh, you take the good with the bad. His accomplishment against Hughes alone is the stuff of legends, and he did give GSP one hell of a fight in the first fight. Drawing with Fitch is nothing to scoff at and it also has to be said, he fought not only bigger guys, but elite bigger guys. I'm pretty sure he would have been beating the shit out of guys who were ranked 5-10 in the WW division.

I agree though on the LW thing, he would have probably gone down as a top 5 fighter ever had he simply just stayed at LW throughout his career. As is, he's probably gotta settle for top 10-15.

Pettis/McG would have sold good ppv numbers but the deciding factor was that they couldn't get a storyline for this fight that would brought even more eyes. Factor in Pettis is on a two fight skid and there were better options at the time. Still I'm sure all of us hope one day they cross paths under better circumstances

Not that he doesn't have skills to hang on but somethings changed for him in the past few years. Like he didnt even try vs Eddie despite the furious cornermen yelling for him to do something.

Nothings changed, fighters aren't allowed to have off nights? Alvarez is no slouch so I see nothing wrong with a loss to him, shit happens. Anytime a fighter loses there's always the would of's, should of's etc etc..Pettis was fighting off takedown attempts the whole fight which would make him wary of throwing kicks and that in turn effects his whole striking game. Don't make too much of one loss in particular, everyone knows Pettis is weak on the ground and Alvarez did his best to exploit that.

Pettis is on a 2 fight losing streak. Guy needs to build more confidence against other guys. Not fight a lose-lose fight against the UFC face

Back