Media Petr Yan having fun with Aljo on Twitter

vyk3c0soa5s61.jpg

how fitting to use a racist cartoon analogy lol
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54566087

It would be dope asf if Yan fought in ONE

thats where his real test are

You are right about that, one judge had is 2-1 Sterling. However, you have to consider round 4 went 4:29 and there was half a min left and Yan was very clearly winning the round and that judge would've had it 2-2 and would be 3-1 on the two other cards.

I wouldn't make that point half way through or even 3:30, but with 30 seconds left and the way the fight was going with the position Yan had at 4:29, I think it's a certainty Yan would get the round.

I agree, but then, we'll just never know.

I think Yan was finishing him the next round or winning a pretty easy dec.

Reactions: JKS
That’s quite the take. Yan seems to be the real deal. You think not?

No idea. We haven't seen him fight more than one top level BW in Sterling.

Rivera isn't amazing and Faber was washed, semi-retired, and had one fight in 3 years before fighting Yan.

Yan then fought Aldo, who is nowhere near his prime and had no wins at BW, and Aldo still gave him a fight.

I like Yan, but people go on like he's unbeatable, and that's just crazy to me. Easy to look incredible when you're not fighting the best guys regularly.

I mean, go look at his recent opponents vs someone like say Sandhagen or even Marlon. Heck, even Cody. There is no comparison to make for Yan because Faber, Rivera, and I guess Dobson aren't the same sort of level.

Why feel sorry for him?

Who, outside of a past his prime Aldo, is a threat? Maybe TJ if he's back on the vitamins; even then Yan is the kind of guy (Like Aldo) who would walk through fire to get at you.

CCC time has come and past.

Al had nothing for him in that fight.

TJ could do very well against him. I like Sandhagen as well. Font, if he works on TDD.

Not saying Yan can't beat all those guys, but other than the Sterling fight (which he looked awesome in and the very part of a champion), we haven't seem him fight that level of opponent on a regular schedule.

Lol. This is a hilarious take. Honestly.

Yes, he beat him fairly……beat him….lol…….c’mon brah…..

He followed the rules and Yan didn't. They raised Sterling's hand and put the belt around his waist at the end for that reason.

Oscar award winning Aljamain bless.

Nobody knows, Sterling is recovering from neck surgery. Alot of people suspect he did surgery right after there fight so it would give him more time to “heal” and prepare for Yan fight. Might happen end of year but I doubt it.
He said he should be good to go by November, but we'll see.

like most people, i am looking forward to seeing yan beat sterling with no mercy.

That’s a good analysis but Peter Yan disagrees.

He felt he’s obviously losing and wanted an easy way out. Facts: he confirmed with his corner, the referee a few feet away told him it’s illegal, yan paused thought about it and then delivered the strike. Pretty evident intentional way out.

I don't think Yan thought he was losing, it was just bad judgment and a mistake. I am pretty sure he knew he as up.

note to all fighters: please don't turn the sport i've loved for well over 20 years into a fighting version of the NBA.

There's less of an argument that Yan should be champ than there is that Yan shouldn't even get a rematch.

You think Yan kills cuz ya don't think about it too much

LMFAO

the peak of delusion

Read the official scorecards. One judge had him clearly winning, whether you, I, or anyone else on this karate forum agrees or not.
and that's why we have 3 judges <mma2>

not to mention Yan was beating the piss out of him in that 4th round before the knee

LMFAO

the peak of delusion
DQ is a loss. Yan got DQ'ed, which means he lost. He deserved to be DQ'ed, which means means he deserved to lose. There is no argument he should be champ. And cuz he lost his first title defense, Sterling could defend against him, or someone else. It's not a no-contest. It's not a draw. It's not a given that it should be run back.

What's your argument? Are you acting like DQ's shouldn't be treated like losses? Cuz that's delusional.

No idea. We haven't seen him fight more than one top level BW in Sterling.

Rivera isn't amazing and Faber was washed, semi-retired, and had one fight in 3 years before fighting Yan.

Yan then fought Aldo, who is nowhere near his prime and had no wins at BW, and Aldo still gave him a fight.

I like Yan, but people go on like he's unbeatable, and that's just crazy to me. Easy to look incredible when you're not fighting the best guys regularly.

I mean, go look at his recent opponents vs someone like say Sandhagen or even Marlon. Heck, even Cody. There is no comparison to make for Yan because Faber, Rivera, and I guess Dobson aren't the same sort of level.

I can't actually can't believe this...

do you actually believe this or do you just hate Yan for cheating?

DQ is a loss. Yan got DQ'ed, which means he lost. He deserved to be DQ'ed, which means means he deserved to lose. There is no argument he should be champ. And cuz he lost his first title defense, Sterling could defend against him, or someone else. It's not a no-contest. It's not a draw. It's not a given that it should be run back.

What's your argument? Are you acting like DQ's shouldn't be treated like losses? Cuz that's delusional.

Yan is clearly the better fighter in every aspect of MMA. It was a disgusting move but accidents happen and he deserves the benefit of the doubt and his rematch.

And an acting job is an acting job.

Yan just kills Aljo on Twitter often, lol.

I guess Yan is admitting his knees have no power in them... I mean come on. Clean up your act. Just do legal strikes and you probably win. Doesn't seem that hard to me.

Yan agreed to the rules and knew it was illegal. As dirty as it gets.

I can't actually can't believe this...

do you actually believe this or do you just hate Yan for cheating?

Yan is clearly the better fighter in every aspect of MMA. It was a disgusting move but accidents happen and he deserves the benefit of the doubt and his rematch.

What do you mean "do I actually believe it?"

We're not talking about hypothetical matchups. Yan fought a well past it Faber, and then a not elite Rivera to get a title shot, which he had against Aldo, who isn't anywhere near his prime and had no wins at BW.

There's nothing to believe or not believe. It's literally what happened.

And nah, I'm a fan of Yan. Like him as a fighter a lot more than fucking Oscar Nominee Aljo.

Wow never knew Sugar did that he blatantly turned his head and got a win. And the guy has the nerve to brag about being unbeaten sad.

intentional accidents do happen intentionally. It's called a DQ. You can argue he deserves a rematch. You can't argue he deserves to be champ.

Back