Media Petr Yan having fun with Aljo on Twitter

bbd0d605-eb48-4d9c-a69b-b38b309e2ad8_b370f922.jpg

Everyone was calling Yan a paper champ before the Aljo fight. Dude beat Aldo on a losing streak for the belt and has a whopping ZERO top 5 wins.

Don’t get me wrong, Aljo is a paper champ too, but this “hur dur Aljo actor” circle jerk is annoying af now.
I wonder how much of it is genuine at this point, or if these Russians popped out of nowhere.

Dana said that's the fight he wants. Unfortunately, Aljo seems to want no part of a rematch.

No need to rematch a guy who had 0 title defenses and that you already beat clearly and fairly.

Let someone else have a crack at the belt. Yan can go back to the back of the line, and maybe this time he can earn a title shot by fighting a top guy instead of washed up Faber.

Funny part is UFC knows it too. Smolka is one of the most obvious squash fights in recent memory. Fight makes 0 sense

How does it make no sense? Suga isn't fighting elite guys because he's not an elite guy himself. Either is Smolka. Both are coming off wins. Smolka beat Quinonez, who Suga has also beat. Suga beat Almeida. Both Quinonez and Almeida are both cans.

Suga had his step up against Chito a fight 2 fights ago and he wasn't good enough.

Smolka had a step up 2 fights ago against Casey and he wasn't good enough.

Casey is a better fighter than Chito. If anything, Smolka is almost fighting down here against Suga.

No need to rematch a guy who had 0 title defenses and that you already beat clearly and fairly.

Let someone else have a crack at the belt. Yan can go back to the back of the line, and maybe this time he can earn a title shot by fighting a top guy instead of washed up Faber.
No he didn't beat him fairly. That he's the champ, I can sort of agree with but Yan definitly deserves a rematch. If Aljo was beating him up for 3 rounds and Yan threw that knee out of desperation I would agree that there was no need for a rematch but Yan was clearly the better fighter so a rematch is necessary to see who's the champ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back