Media Petr Yan having fun with Aljo on Twitter

No need to rematch a guy who had 0 title defenses and that you already beat clearly and fairly.

Let someone else have a crack at the belt. Yan can go back to the back of the line, and maybe this time he can earn a title shot by fighting a top guy instead of washed up Faber.
Yes, let him go to the back of the line he is the leader in. He is the #1 ranked contender. If Aljo is too scared to fight him then he can fight Sandhagen or even Font. Aldo is #4 and Cody is #5, both would be a waste of time. It should be Aljo vs Yan but Aljo doesn't want to step in the ring against him again. I get it, I saw what was going on in the first fight. Aljo can pull a "quasi-Bisping" and fight Moraes for 'revenge' the way Bisping fought 65 year old Dan Henderson. To me it smells like......
running-duck-gif.gif

Reug Reug vs Kirill Grishenko

Reug Reug flopped hard to try to get the DQ. Probably one of the worst displays of soccer level floppage, but fortunately the ref wasn't having it and gave Kirill the TKO. Funny too since Lapicus flopped against Alvarez maybe a week or two before this.

Starts at 1:40.

Great call by the ref. That shit was embarrassing lol

Feel sorry for Yan.

He needs to just get over it and accept that he's not the champ and probably isn't getting another gifted title shot, especially with TJ and maybe Cejudo coming back.
Why feel sorry for him?

Who, outside of a past his prime Aldo, is a threat? Maybe TJ if he's back on the vitamins; even then Yan is the kind of guy (Like Aldo) who would walk through fire to get at you.

CCC time has come and past.

Al had nothing for him in that fight.

Feel sorry for Yan.

He needs to just get over it and accept that he's not the champ and probably isn't getting another gifted title shot, especially with TJ and maybe Cejudo coming back.
That’s quite the take. Yan seems to be the real deal. You think not?

Lmao. Yan offered nothing in the first two rounds. He was literally a punching bag. Although he did cover up well. Sterling insanely insisted on takedowns even though he was winning the standup easy. Then he gassed and Yan got on top. Sterling easily beats yan with the right gameplyan.
Ice cold take

Sterling should not be the champion but you got to be a dumbfuck if you don't know the rules by now

LOL Alja fanboys are trying to rewrite history. No Alja didn't win, he got humiliated and completely nullified, it should have been a NC, not a DQ. These bitches talked before about how Yan would not be able to handle Alja's wrestling. As if American wrestling is anything compared to the Dagestani wrestling that Yan is experiencing throughout his training camp. I said this before that Magomed Magomedov is a better fighter than any other BW in UFC and Yan arguably beat him twice and showed great improvement in his TDD in the rematch.

Some people just can't see talent. Yan is the best BW in the world, nerdy Americans just can't accept that their only current male champion is a bitch.

When is the rematch? Or will AJ vacate?
Sterling will either find a way to weasel out of the rematch with Yan, or simply vacate if forced to. That is, not before dragging it out for a full year because he's a douche.

Lmao. Yan offered nothing in the first two rounds. He was literally a punching bag. Although he did cover up well. Sterling insanely insisted on takedowns even though he was winning the standup easy. Then he gassed and Yan got on top. Sterling easily beats yan with the right gameplyan.

pBH5su1.gif

Yuo1aPq.gif

OOUYgsq.gif

You either have no idea what you're watching, have a GARBAGE memory, or never saw this fight. That was all in the first round, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone was calling Yan a paper champ before the Aljo fight. Dude beat Aldo on a losing streak for the belt and has a whopping ZERO top 5 wins.

Don’t get me wrong, Aljo is a paper champ too, but this “hur dur Aljo actor” circle jerk is annoying af now.
I wonder how much of it is genuine at this point, or if these Russians popped out of nowhere.

Not if they'd actually seen all of his fights and the way in which he won them they weren't. I was undecided on Yan before the Faber fight and afterwards he most certainly had my interest. With the help of Youtube and Fightpass, I then went back and watched every single Petr Yan fight. I saw he had TDD for days, a bottomless gas tank, scrambles, and possibly the best hands in the division. And he could kick. And scramble like a lizard. I saw that he had no real weaknesses (his offensive sub game maybe...) and a crazy killer instinct. Then he took the best Aldo had to offer and broke him. I knew the guy was a certified beast and would be a tough match for absolutely anyone in the division.

Did he deserve the title shot against Aldo? Well, based on who was available at that time, the fact that CCC had just up and left MMA as the champ, and how well Aldo did in his only other fight against Moraes... maybe? But the only people claiming Yan was a paper champ before he fought Sterling were the people who really weren't that familiar with his body of work. If you knew how good he was you knew he wasn't a paper anything.

For the record, finishing any version of Faber, including the 40+ year old model we have today, is a serious accomplishment. Just ask Ricky Simon...

It’s not a good look at all if aljo doesn’t rematch yan. He’s champ on a technicality, in a fight that was going away from him. A fight he wasn’t going to win. He got lucky due to a rush of blood to the head/poor judgement.
Only scared aljo fanboys don’t want this fight. There are far too many rematches in the ufc, but this one is clearly justified. It’s the most blatant duck if it doesn’t happen

He's not being rewarded by a rematch. He'd be rewarded if the fight was ruled as a NC and he retained his belt. Him losing the belt is his punishment. We want to know who's the better fighter righ because as it stands now we don't know for sure who is. We need a rematch because Yan was piecing him up for 3 rounds and the champ should be the best fighter in the division. If it were the other way around I would agree that there shouldn't be a rematch. Even for Sterling a rematch is better. If there's no rematch he's not the undisputed champ as he didn't beat Yan.
Look at it this way. Losing his belt wasn't punishment enough because even now, people consider yan the rightful champion and clown sterling. Yan was gifted the title shot. So not only did yan get one unearned title shot but he's getting a second one? He was piecing sterling up sure. But the disqualification wasn't even because of an accidental foul, in which he should've known better. It was super intentional. He contemplated it and followed through after being warned by the referee. So no he doesn't deserve it. But yes he definitely wins the rematch. I just want him to go through contenders the same way sterling had to earn it. Like I said easy come easy go.

Yan is the best BW is the world until someone beats him ...but rules state he can’t knee Aljo the face when he’s grounded

Yan lost and he should get over it. He purposely after asking his corner, being told by the ref not to paused, thought it through and threw that hit. Maybe he wanted out?
So he shouldnt relentlessly pursue the rematch? lol YEA OK thats not how it works bud.

“No mercy”

guy living up to his name. Sugar was disgraceful

Yan is clearly the best fighter in the division. If he has to beat someone else's ass while Sterling sits out with his paper title that wouldnt be much of a problem.

No need to rematch a guy who had 0 title defenses and that you already beat clearly and fairly.

Let someone else have a crack at the belt. Yan can go back to the back of the line, and maybe this time he can earn a title shot by fighting a top guy instead of washed up Faber.
Read the official scorecards. One judge had him clearly winning, whether you, I, or anyone else on this karate forum agrees or not.

Adelaide Byrd?

Back