Media Petr Yan having fun with Aljo on Twitter

No he didn't beat him fairly. That he's the champ, I can sort of agree with but Yan definitly deserves a rematch. If Aljo was beating him up for 3 rounds and Yan threw that knee out of desperation I would agree that there was no need for a rematch but Yan was clearly the better fighter so a rematch is necessary to see who's the champ.
But... You'd be rewarding him for losing and cheating. Besides... Easy come easy go. That motherfucker never had to fight any contenders coming up. Sterling will probably be forced to rematch him. If not, fuck him. He never earned that belt to begin with. He was fucking sterling up, but I'm a lot happier knowing that sterling's hard work paid off. Yan only got that title shot because of Dana white privilege. If he went through the buzz saw sterling had to go there, we may have seen different results.

But... You'd be rewarding him for losing and cheating. Besides... Easy come easy go. That motherfucker never had to fight any contenders coming up. Sterling will probably be forced to rematch him. If not, fuck him. He never earned that belt to begin with. He was fucking sterling up, but I'm a lot happier knowing that sterling's hard work paid off. Yan only got that title shot because of Dana white privilege. If he went through the buzz saw sterling had to go there, we may have seen different results.
He's not being rewarded by a rematch. He'd be rewarded if the fight was ruled as a NC and he retained his belt. Him losing the belt is his punishment. We want to know who's the better fighter righ because as it stands now we don't know for sure who is. We need a rematch because Yan was piecing him up for 3 rounds and the champ should be the best fighter in the division. If it were the other way around I would agree that there shouldn't be a rematch. Even for Sterling a rematch is better. If there's no rematch he's not the undisputed champ as he didn't beat Yan.

No he didn't beat him fairly. That he's the champ, I can sort of agree with but Yan definitly deserves a rematch. If Aljo was beating him up for 3 rounds and Yan threw that knee out of desperation I would agree that there was no need for a rematch but Yan was clearly the better fighter so a rematch is necessary to see who's the champ.

How did he not beat him fairly? He did everything within the rules. Yan didn't. Sterling won fairly.

And why does Yan deserve a rematch? He fought washed up Faber to get a title shot. Then he beat Aldo, who had no wins in the division for the vacant belt.

Let Yan go and earn it properly this time. Maybe by the time he beats a few top BWs (if he can), he'll have learned not to throw illegal knees.

Feel sorry for Yan.

He needs to just get over it and accept that he's not the champ and probably isn't getting another gifted title shot, especially with TJ and maybe Cejudo coming back.
Uh no

The UFC def wants to make this rematch. They want to reap the rewards of all this hype thats been built out of this now. AWAY AND BOW YOUR HEAD WITH YOUR ABSURD FANTASIES

Uh no

The UFC def wants to make this rematch. They want to reap the rewards of all this hype thats been built out of this now. AWAY AND BOW YOUR HEAD WITH YOUR ABSURD FANTASIES

If Cejudo came back and started talking shit, Aljo and the UFC would forget about Peter Potato very quickly.

If Cejudo came back and started talking shit, Aljo and the UFC would forget about Peter Potato very quickly.
Cejudo hasnt come back,and that fight makes money wether he returns or not.

How did he not beat him fairly? He did everything within the rules. Yan didn't. Sterling won fairly.

And why does Yan deserve a rematch? He fought washed up Faber to get a title shot. Then he beat Aldo, who had no wins in the division for the vacant belt.

Let Yan go and earn it properly this time. Maybe by the time he beats a few top BWs (if he can), he'll have learned not to throw illegal knees.
Because you actually have to beat someone to beat someone fairly. Sterling didn't beat Yan. You beat someone if you submit, TKO or are over x rounds the better fighter. Yan got DQ'd which makes that Sterling won the fight but he didn't beat him. In my book if a title fight is close (or in this case Yan was clearly the better fighter) there should be a rematch. Yan losing the title is fair but a rematch is necessary to see who's the best fighter. And I don't see Aljo as the champion as he's from what I've seen not the best fighter in the division.

Because you actually have to beat someone to beat someone fairly. Sterling didn't beat Yan. You beat someone if you submit, TKO or are over x rounds the better fighter. Yan got DQ'd which makes that Sterling won the fight but he didn't beat him. In my book if a title fight is close (or in this case Yan was clearly the better fighter) there should be a rematch. Yan losing the title is fair but a rematch is necessary to see who's the best fighter. And I don't see Aljo as the champion as he's from what I've seen not the best fighter in the division.

Apollo > Sterling

bbd0d605-eb48-4d9c-a69b-b38b309e2ad8_b370f922.jpg
What fight is this?

Lmao. Yan offered nothing in the first two rounds. He was literally a punching bag. Although he did cover up well. Sterling insanely insisted on takedowns even though he was winning the standup easy. Then he gassed and Yan got on top. Sterling easily beats yan with the right gameplyan.

Maybe if Yan was smart enough to remember the rules, he would still be champ. Just a chump now.

Okay, well, Yan didn't submit or KO Sterling either. They're equal in that regard. As for being the better fighter over x rounds . . . There's no way to definitely say Yan was doing better. That's entirely subjective, which is proven by the fact that Yan was only up 1 round on two cards, and he was down on the other. So one judge thought Sterling doing better.

And if you don't see Sterling as the champ because he's not the best in the division from what you've seen, then how can you honestly see Yan as champ? Yan, who beat Rivera and Faber to get his title shot, and then won the belt against Aldo, who had no wins in the division? Sterling on the other hand was fighting and beating top BWs at least.

He's not being rewarded by a rematch. He'd be rewarded if the fight was ruled as a NC and he retained his belt. Him losing the belt is his punishment. We want to know who's the better fighter righ because as it stands now we don't know for sure who is. We need a rematch because Yan was piecing him up for 3 rounds and the champ should be the best fighter in the division. If it were the other way around I would agree that there shouldn't be a rematch. Even for Sterling a rematch is better. If there's no rematch he's not the undisputed champ as he didn't beat Yan.
Yan had his chance and blew it. No mulligan , no do-overs. That's life

I was the first to hate on Popsicle but he impressed the shit out of me in his last fight. Ok his apanyent was impotent but still it was a destruction.

No need to rematch a guy who had 0 title defenses and that you already beat clearly and fairly.

Let someone else have a crack at the belt. Yan can go back to the back of the line, and maybe this time he can earn a title shot by fighting a top guy instead of washed up Faber.
lol at no point in the short fight was aljo clearly winning. He played up a foul and accepted a win that he would not have legitimately got had the fight continued

Lmao. Yan offered nothing in the first two rounds. He was literally a punching bag. Although he did cover up well. Sterling insanely insisted on takedowns even though he was winning the standup easy. Then he gassed and Yan got on top. Sterling easily beats yan with the right gameplyan.
You're a punching bag if you get hit in the face. Yan blocked basically all of Sterlings punches. And besides that, Sterling doesn't punch hard enough to inflict any damage on a fighter with a decent chin. Yan's style is to feel his oponents out and then land his combinations. Yan would've gotten on top regardless of Sterling gassing out. I just see no way of Sterling winning a rematch. He can't take Yan down and if he does, Yan gets right back up. He can't stand with Yan for 5 rounds and if he tries to win rounds by volume striking he gasses out in 3 rounds.

didnt yan dropped him in the first round?

Back