Pereira is 37 years old, I predict Rountree will knock him out

34-37 is one of the worst age gaps in mma statistically. ( i remember reading this in the build up to masvidal vs colby)
Yeah, but the gap in level of striking between the two makes the age not really matter much in this one. Roundtree is either going to land something or get KTFO.

Rountree got KTFO by Walker, outstruck by Prachnio, outstruck by Jacoby and won a robbery decision. Alex will put him to sleep in 1.

Poatan ain't washed up Anthony Smith. Rountree is going to be at a significant reach disadvantage and that wide power stance is ripe for leg kicks. I think he gets his legs kicked to shit at range and ends up lunging into a left hook. Poatan by KO. Probably in the 1st.

Last edited:
If there was a fighter to beat Alex I wouldn’t be against this one. Would actually be pretty cool to see rountree come out on top. I would hate to see either of these guys lose. I hate that

Toughest striking matchup in the division for AP is Jiri imo and he beat him soundly X2. Khalil doesn't have anything in his arsenal that AP hasn't dealt with or seen before.

The guy that won a robbery against Justin Jacoby who went on to lose to Dominick Reyes is gonna beat Alex

Only shot Roundtree Jason is to straight rush him at start. Maybe he gets lucky an catches him he has power. If it goes beyond a few min Pereia chops his legs with kicks till there an opening then Royndtree goes sleep.

LOL, no he wasn't.
Sit down, you don't know what you are talking about. Prime Saki would beat the fuck out of Pereira in kickboxing. He was destroying Top 10 HWs like Daniel Ghita ( he beat him twice), Ruslan Karaev, Paul slowinski, Tyrone Spong, and he was arguably robbed against Semmy Schilt as well. He was beating Overeem with one hand only and dropped him twice ( but the blind referee did not count overeem) with one hand only( saki broke his hand in the first fight of the tournament, when he fought Ghita). In fact, despite losing, Saki's performance in that fight is the most impressive performance I have ever seen in combat sports; a man that was beating the shit out of another man for almost 3 minutes straight while using only one hand. Overeem kicked him in the broken hand and won after 3 minutes of getting humiliated and destroyed by an one-handed Saki.

Overeem went to become k-1 champ that night.

Last edited:
Khalil Rountree is 34 years old.

I predict Alex Pereira will knock him out.

I have a gut feeling Rountree's going to pull it off. No other reason than my gut. We've had this "undeserving ranked #7 challenger against dominant champion" many times before and somehow the dark horse often pulls it off.

I have a gut feeling Rountree's going to pull it off. No other reason than my gut. We've had this "undeserving ranked #7 challenger against dominant champion" many times before and somehow the dark horse often pulls it off.

Khalil has nothing to lose.

It's the chance he probably never thought he was going to get.

It's also going to be his last shot at the belt unless he wins or loses a controversial split decision.

I personally think he'll get KO'd like most of the other strikers that have tried their luck, but he's got to try to seize the moment.

I'm not sure his leg kicks will be a factor, which has me even more worried for him. I just don't think he's the guy, the fight probably doesn't go any different to Pereira-Hill, but good luck to him. Nothing against Khalil in the slightest.

Khalil has nothing to lose.

It's the chance he probably never thought he was going to get.

It's also going to be his last shot at the belt unless he wins or loses a controversial split decision.

I personally think he'll get KO'd like most of the other strikers that have tried their luck, but he's got to try to seize the moment.

I'm not sure his leg kicks will be a factor, which has me even more worried for him. I just don't think he's the guy, the fight probably doesn't go any different to Pereira-Hill, but good luck to him. Nothing against Khalil in the slightest.

Another factor is how seriously Pereira is going to consider him.

As you said Khalil is hardly a threat on paper, which can lead to overconfidence, ala Izzy Vs Strickland, of more recently Leon vs Belal.

An unmotivated champ is a losing one.

We'll see, I don't predict anything, Khalil should lose on paper but I dunno my gut tells me something.

Sit down, you don't know what you are talking about. Prime Saki would beat the fuck out of Pereira in kickboxing. He was destroying Top 10 HWs like Daniel Ghita ( he beat him twice), Ruslan Karaev, Paul slowinski, Tyrone Spong, and he was arguably robbed against Semmy Schilt as well. He was beating Overeem with one hand only and dropped him twice ( but the blind referee did not count overeem) with one hand only( saki broke his hand in the first fight of the tournament, when he fought Ghita). In fact, despite losing, Saki's performance in that fight is the most impressive performance I have ever seen in combat sports; a man that was beating the shit out of another man for almost 3 minutes straight while using only one hand. Overeem kicked him in the broken hand and won after 3 minutes of getting humiliated and destroyed by an one-handed Saki.

Overeem went to become k-1 champ that night.

LOL

Good level kickboxer and one of the best ever are not the same thing.

Last edited:
Your response is pretty telling. You can't argue with facts. Everything I said are facts, not opinions. Pereira best win is a robbery against a LHW Vakhitov. He never proved he can beat HWs, let alone top 10 k-1 era HWs.

At the very best, you can claim that pereira record was better in terms of P4P. However, pereira never proved that he can hang with HWs, let alone top 10 k-1 era HWs.

now I put you on ignore.

Last edited:
I’m looking at +350 on Khalil and I expect that number to go up by fight week . When odds like this are presented and the underdog pulls it out I’m always mad at myself for at least not splashing the huge odds , it’s a fight shit happens

yoel-romero-everything-is-possible.gif

MMA is an old man’s sport now
You guys need to get with the times
The new breed, is the old breed

Back