people who abuse worker's comp.

A co worker of mine "hurt" his back potentially slipping a disc. He wasnt doing anything overly dramatic and has a history of faking injuries in the past.

This happened in the beginning of july. A 2 days after my friend saw him outside washing his truck. A week later I ran into him at a music festival walking around un aided. The week after that my friend was at another festival where he saw him packing in at least 100lbs of gear. The list goes on and he has been spotted playing soccer and dancing at the bar. Dude is still on comp getting 90% of his wage!

TLDR
co worker faked a claim to get the summer off from work. Is it a snitch-able offense?

Why would you snitch? Hater. Maybe you should just get smarter

Seeing as you'll be tarred and fathered if you even question if a person is abusing mental wellness at work won't we all be lambasted the same for accusing someone of abusing physical injury or illness?

There's a much bigger stigma to being unable to work for mental health reason than physical health. Physical health issues are treated as real problems. Mental health issues are still, more or less, treated as "get over it".

A co worker of mine "hurt" his back potentially slipping a disc. He wasnt doing anything overly dramatic and has a history of faking injuries in the past.

This happened in the beginning of july. A 2 days after my friend saw him outside washing his truck. A week later I ran into him at a music festival walking around un aided. The week after that my friend was at another festival where he saw him packing in at least 100lbs of gear. The list goes on and he has been spotted playing soccer and dancing at the bar. Dude is still on comp getting 90% of his wage!

TLDR
co worker faked a claim to get the summer off from work. Is it a snitch-able offense?
He will get caught, trust me. My dad is actually hurt and we have caught mulitple people trying to catch him "faking" over the 10 years hes been on it. Hes finally on perminent disability so I think they stopped checking.

Knew a dude that went on workers comp for months. Came back really buff, said he worked out the whole time. May have taken some roids or something. No one really questioned it.
Thats the way to do it IMO lmao

He will get caught, trust me. My dad is actually hurt and we have caught mulitple people trying to catch him "faking" over the 10 years hes been on it. Hes finally on perminent disability so I think they stopped checking.

LMAO - TS is in Canada, not the US. People fucking workman's comp for decades is just standard in Canada.

And LOL at the idea of investigators being sent to check on anyone in Canada.

Wow . . . some of the responses to this waste, fraud and abuse . . . sheesh.

LMAO - TS is in Canada, not the US. People fucking workman's comp for decades is just standard in Canada.

And LOL at the idea of investigators being sent to check on anyone in Canada.
This is true a neighbor of mine was on it for back problems so bad he could hardly walk. It was just fine for shovelling snow though

This is true a neighbor of mine was on it for back problems so bad he could hardly walk. It was just fine for shovelling snow though

My memory of how things work in Canada might be dated but from what I remember most factory/labor workers just viewed going on workman's comp as a routine way to not work, and UI as a paid vacation for a decent portion of the year.

My memory of how things work in Canada might be dated but from what I remember most factory/labor workers just viewed going on workman's comp as a routine way to not work, and UI as a paid vacation for a decent portion of the year.
its more or less like that. Ray from trailer park boys could be based on many real life examples. . .

This happened in the beginning of july. A 2 days after my friend saw him outside washing his truck. A week later I ran into him at a music festival walking around un aided. The week after that my friend was at another festival where he saw him packing in at least 100lbs of gear. The list goes on and he has been spotted playing soccer and dancing at the bar. Dude is still on comp getting 90% of his wage

These pieces of shit always get what's coming to them, via karma.

I had an employee post vacation pics on facebook while he was out on FMLA.
HR said - his FMLA paper work does not say anything about him not being able to travel while out on FMLA.

These kinds of "discussions" are always funny to me. They're almost always just a vessel for people to judge other people so they can feel better about their shit lives. Huge companies gouge customers daily, and do everything in their power to avoid paying taxes, costing the country millions, at least. But they get a pass, while the bum collecting $900 a month gets shit on by everyone.

I work with a guy in his mid 30's who had a double lung transplant 7 or so years ago. Our job is fairly brutal and the work environment is not safe and especially not healthy for our lungs but this guy does the job. He could be home getting disability which i understand is different than workmans comp but it goes to show there are some respectable people not taking advantage of the system even if they could and probably should...

Either his woman at home is a huge cunt or he wants to drift into the void sooner rather than later. I wouldn't exactly call that "taking advantage of the system" if your job destroys your lungs enough to get a fucking double lung transplant, lol. There's no glory or anything respectable about what he's doing. He's an idiot. He got a second lease on life and he's blowing it.

This post reeks of America's fucked up and warped view of working.

Either his woman at home is a huge cunt or he wants to drift into the void sooner rather than later. I wouldn't exactly call that "taking advantage of the system" if your job destroys your lungs enough to get a fucking double lung transplant, lol. There's no glory or anything respectable about what he's doing. He's an idiot. He got a second lease on life and he's blowing it.

This post reeks of America's fucked up and warped view of working.

Part of the reason he continues to work is to maintain his marriage for and because he has a child. His transplant was years before he began this job and had nothing to do with it... Since you are making idiotic assumptions and judgements, i'll make some. You are a loser who leeches off others and your moronic comment says more about your insecurities and guilt for doing so than it does about my co worker..."lol" fuck off...

Update, ran into him he is still off work and has been on 2 hunting trips, made the news paper for being a top scorer on his soccer team and is currently up north on a hunting trip. . .

These people will always exist. My fav was this girl who 'fell' down the same set of stairs like 3 times over a couple years, being off work on long term disability. The work place eventually put her office on the main floor.

These kinds of "discussions" are always funny to me. They're almost always just a vessel for people to judge other people so they can feel better about their shit lives. Huge companies gouge customers daily, and do everything in their power to avoid paying taxes, costing the country millions, at least. But they get a pass, while the bum collecting $900 a month gets shit on by everyone.
hes actually making about 6000 a month right now taking from a fund designed to help workers who have actually been injured. Two wrongs do not make a right

Does this mean two wrongs make a right?
Stay focused man, you can start your own thread about corporate greed and corruption and the convoluted tax laws if you wish. All of that is very real, but so is worker's compensation abuse.

I've never got it.. Seems like a fun way to live. Work, with how people are today, really sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back