people who abuse worker's comp.

I personally wouldn't do something like this but I honestly don't give a shit about people that do.

With all the corporate/government fraud, corruption, abuse, even straight up treason that goes on and you weasels want to tar and feather some joker's collecting a few bucks. Pathetic.

They wouldn't let me go back to work and said if I did and got hurt again I wouldn't be covered.

I was out for four months.

stories like this is why I am inclined to snitch. dudes taking money from people who have legitimate claims and injuries

I personally wouldn't do something like this but I honestly don't give a shit about people that do.

With all the corporate/government fraud, corruption, abuse, even straight up treason that goes on and you weasels want to tar and feather some joker's collecting a few bucks. Pathetic.

I just see it as none of my business. I personally don’t want to get SO involved in someone’s life in that regard. I don’t care if they get a part time job moving furniture while on workers comp, ain’t my prob man. I’m not living in their body, I don’t know what they’re feeling.

You sound pretty salty, TS. Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Who knows. I have two herniated discs, and sometimes I'm throwing people around while grappling, and sometimes I end up in a lot of pain and barely able to move when I turn or lean the wrong way.

I work with a guy in his mid 30's who had a double lung transplant 7 or so years ago. Our job is fairly brutal and the work environment is not safe and especially not healthy for our lungs but this guy does the job. He could be home getting disability which i understand is different than workmans comp but it goes to show there are some respectable people not taking advantage of the system even if they could and probably should...
Integrity.

Lol "has a history of faking injuries"

giphy-downsized.gif

InexperiencedInferiorFeline-small.gif

I don't get how people get away with workers comp fraud. When I was on workers comp, those fuckers showed up randomly at my house or my physical therapy appointments and I'm pretty sure they had someone following me.

We had a guy out for almost 6 months, because his girlfriend of roughly 1 month lost a child at a very early stage of pregnancy, that he wasn't the father of. Very sad for the girl but come on.

He claimed anxiety, trauma and good knows what else, but was always uploading pictures of him going out and getting pissed with friends on social media. Shameless guy, it caused quite a fuss in the office but management were to scared to ever say anything to him about it and he came back like nothing had ever happened.

We had a guy out for almost 6 months, because his girlfriend of roughly 1 month lost a child at a very early stage of pregnancy, that he wasn't the father of. Very sad for the girl but come on.

He claimed anxiety, trauma and good knows what else, but was always uploading pictures of him going out and getting pissed with friends on social media. Shameless guy, it caused quite a fuss in the office but management were to scared to ever say anything to him about it and he came back like nothing had ever happened.

New girlfriend of 1 month in her 1st trimester? This shit is obviously planned.

Those motherfuckers usually get caught because they’re so stupid.

My cousins bicep tendon ripped once when he was punching the heavy bags. His arm was hurting but still semi usable. He went into work that day where he was moving furniture around an office. Picked up a desk with someone and after a few steps pretended the injury just happened there while lifting the desk. Job ended up paying for his injury plus money while he was recovering after the surgery. Still have some nice pain killers set aside for when I want to party.

A co worker of mine "hurt" his back potentially slipping a disc. He wasnt doing anything overly dramatic and has a history of faking injuries in the past.

This happened in the beginning of july. A 2 days after my friend saw him outside washing his truck. A week later I ran into him at a music festival walking around un aided. The week after that my friend was at another festival where he saw him packing in at least 100lbs of gear. The list goes on and he has been spotted playing soccer and dancing at the bar. Dude is still on comp getting 90% of his wage!

TLDR
co worker faked a claim to get the summer off from work. Is it a snitch-able offense?

Are you in Canada? Just curious because this happens routinely. "Oh my knee is sore. You can't expect me to ever work again". Meanwhile they are 32 and then do work on the side for cash. Fuck these assholes.

Last edited:
Who knows. I have two herniated discs, and sometimes I'm throwing people around while grappling, and sometimes I end up in a lot of pain and barely able to move when I turn or lean the wrong way.

I'm not speculating on the specific instance OP mentioned, but this us a point worth noting. People act as if symptoms of an injury are always going to be 24/7, when in fact, most aren't. I say this as someone who works in insurance, and encounters fraud regularly.

Are you in Canada? Just curious because this is happens routinely. "Oh my knee is sore. You can't expect me to ever work again". Meanwhile they are 32 and then do work on the side for cash. Fuck these assholes.
yep

Was working with a close friend years ago also played a mixed league softball. At softball one night he ripped his hamstring off the bone, couldn't walk and turned into a giant drama queen.

Went to the hospital, got meds and called our boss (another buddy, great guy treated everyone great) to whine about his injury.

Forgets that he called him. Shows up early at work the next day, waits for our boss then walks over to his truck and pretends to blow his leg out on the way over.
He thought he'd claim it happened on the job and could go on comp but dummy already told him he ripped it.

Boss started laughing. Fired. Shameful.

He's now a cop.

Seeing as you'll be tarred and fathered if you even question if a person is abusing mental wellness at work won't we all be lambasted the same for accusing someone of abusing physical injury or illness?

Last edited:
Seeing as you'll be tarred and fathered if you even question if a person is abusing mental wellness at won't we all be lambasted the same for accusing someone of abusing physical injury or illness?

Given TS is Canadian (and possible a white male) you can bet your ass he'll be in front the Human Rights Commission faster than you can say, "maple syrup, eh?".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back