people who abuse worker's comp.

At an old job we had an ice machine to load our coolers in our trucks with ice(service work , traveling to many jobsites unmanned with equipment to fix in the 100+ degree heat in the summers, so we loaded Gatorade from the wharehouse and iced up our truck coolers daily in the summer).

Anyway this guy get on comp from a “back injury”, comes by the shop pulling his boat, loads his cooler up with ice and caries the cooler back to the boat etc.

Needless to say he wasn’t on comp much longer.

What a dumbass

I work with a guy in his mid 30's who had a double lung transplant 7 or so years ago. Our job is fairly brutal and the work environment is not safe and especially not healthy for our lungs but this guy does the job. He could be home getting disability which i understand is different than workmans comp but it goes to show there are some respectable people not taking advantage of the system even if they could and probably should...
I had a real back Injury at work, was on rehab therapy for 6 months, and light duty at work.

I never got comp and never missed a beat.

I would take new guys out to the job sites and “train them” telling them exactly what to do, and how to do it and showing them but no actual lifting for me etc.

It actually worked out in the end, I got such a good rep for being a good teacher I was recruited by the companies corporate training and development department and moved from location based blue collar work to the corporate level.

If those events had not happened my career may never have skyrocketed like it did years ago

I fucking hate that shit. Unfortunately cops and firefighters seem guilty of this more than others.

Had a coworker who was legit injured and the city's insurance had a PI following her daily. Being a cop she picked up on it right away and would fuck with them by bringing them coffee every morning.
I would walk out the house with one of those old timey 1000 lb dumbells

I wouldn't turn the guy in unless he screws you over, you're VERY morally obligated, or you're offered a reward. Not worth getting involved.

A friend of my parents was on worker's comp then disability. He decide to live his dream and bought a bar. He named it after his wife who did all of the bar tending while he bullshitted and sipped 1 or 2 rum and cokes. If I hadn't seen him move kegs and stock the cooler (things his so-called back injury should keep him from doing) I would have thought he did nothing at all. His wife died of cancer, he sold the bar, and took up golf. Nice guy, but a piece of shit as it pertains to honesty and integrity.

A co worker of mine "hurt" his back potentially slipping a disc. He wasnt doing anything overly dramatic and has a history of faking injuries in the past.

This happened in the beginning of july. A 2 days after my friend saw him outside washing his truck. A week later I ran into him at a music festival walking around un aided. The week after that my friend was at another festival where he saw him packing in at least 100lbs of gear. The list goes on and he has been spotted playing soccer and dancing at the bar. Dude is still on comp getting 90% of his wage!

TLDR
co worker faked a claim to get the summer off from work. Is it a snitch-able offense?
As someone who makes a living off scamming the gov't, I find this and many of these other posts highly offensive! Punks like you endanger my way of life. How am I supposed to support my drug habit without a slice of the gov't cheese? Do us all a favor and keep to yourself. Sheesh. I wouldn't say dick even if I saw a murder. None of my business...

Not workers comp exactly, but this athletic and explosive nurses aide at my last job is on light duty after 'hurting' her back on the job according to an old coworker of mine. This person was known to he extremely lazy and even once got caught sleeping 5 hours into a shift as well as coming in late and lying on her time card. How shes still employed is beyond me.

The floor is a pre/postoperative recovery floor where there really isn't much for an aide to do besides wheel people down to their car and to the floor. So for this person to claim she hurt herself working is pretty farfetched.

Can’t stand entitled assholes who abuse the system.

Back