1. Guest, The MS Paint Shoop Thread v5 is up! Red Block» | Blue Block»

people who abuse worker's comp.

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by no fat chicks, Aug 29, 2018.

1. no fat chicks Worlds greatest poster

A co worker of mine "hurt" his back potentially slipping a disc. He wasnt doing anything overly dramatic and has a history of faking injuries in the past.

This happened in the beginning of july. A 2 days after my friend saw him outside washing his truck. A week later I ran into him at a music festival walking around un aided. The week after that my friend was at another festival where he saw him packing in at least 100lbs of gear. The list goes on and he has been spotted playing soccer and dancing at the bar. Dude is still on comp getting 90% of his wage!

TLDR
    co worker faked a claim to get the summer off from work. Is it a snitch-able offense?

2. VulcanNervPinch Gold Belt

I've always thought it would make sense to have bounties on these sort of things.

IE, if you can provide evidence leading to revocation of benefits for fraud, you get $1000 (which will come out of a fine levied against the fraudster).

Would pay for itself, besides giving shitbags what they deserve.

3. syct23 ...ElipsisBelt...

I stopped reading after the second sentence..

That's all I needed to know.

4. My2Cents Brown Belt

Don’t know if you should snitch, but I would talk to the guy myself if it bothered me

5. My name is Shawn

Figure comp would send their own investigators out. If they aren't worried then no need in you being worried

6. badascan Red Belt Platinum Member

I work with a guy in his mid 30's who had a double lung transplant 7 or so years ago. Our job is fairly brutal and the work environment is not safe and especially not healthy for our lungs but this guy does the job. He could be home getting disability which i understand is different than workmans comp but it goes to show there are some respectable people not taking advantage of the system even if they could and probably should...

7. SugarKrok Purple Belt

Stay out of it.
    If I found out some dogood fucked with my shit I'd fuck with them. Dont risk the hassle. Ain't no counter on good deeds or morale perspiquity when you die.

8. Loiosh Detective Platinum Member

Workers comp abused ME.

Absolutely true story, not even kidding.

9. no fat chicks Worlds greatest poster

abused how. . . [​IMG]

10. Loiosh Detective Platinum Member

They wouldn't let me go back to work and said if I did and got hurt again I wouldn't be covered.

I was out for four months.

11. Fedorgasm Silver Belt

Yes you should snitch. These fuckers pretend it's a victimless crime but that money indirectly comes out of your pocket.

Take video or photos as proof, and if you can't do that, at least tell your boss and the insurance company will hire a private eye to catch them.

12. WaylonMercy5150 Silver Belt

Your word vs. his Doctors. Good luck with that.

13. Dober4 Banned Banned

Fuck that.

Put on a disguise and beat the shit out of him so he really needs workman’s comp/ a wheelchair.

This fuck face had a good summer on your dime it’s time to lay him up for the winter.

14. Omegaboy13 Sweepin' Your Leg

Knew a dude that went on workers comp for months. Came back really buff, said he worked out the whole time. May have taken some roids or something. No one really questioned it.

15. mb23100 Gold Belt

My gfs brother in law has been out for 6 months because he got in a fight at a poker game. There is absolutely nothing wrong with him

16. nostradumbass Steel Belt

In Soviet Russia, workers comp abuse YOU.

17. ralphc1 Steel Belt Platinum Member

Many insurers hire private investigators to check up on workers who are collecting benefits. Video gets them and sometimes their doctor too.

18. Protectandserve Red Belt

I fucking hate that shit. Unfortunately cops and firefighters seem guilty of this more than others.

Had a coworker who was legit injured and the city's insurance had a PI following her daily. Being a cop she picked up on it right away and would fuck with them by bringing them coffee every morning.

19. mooseman17 Black Belt

July is a bit early but if there was a tip placed on him then he will most likely be placed under surveillance very soon. Also the fact that it was not a motor vehicle accident and I am assuming he is not waiting for a claim, means that he most likely does not have a lawyer who would have told him to take all of his social media down and to be surveillance conscious.

20. mooseman17 Black Belt

I'm surprised that if they got burned that they didn't send a new person, unless they did and they kept on getting burned as well. Which means they're a pretty bad PI firm and shouldn't be used or put a rookie investigator on a surveillance conscious person, which is also really dumb.