People trying to push the narrative that Tyron is "unlikeable"...

Tyron combined dull 5 rounders with a victim complex steeped in far left politics.

The latter I think was a means to increase his celebrity. Anti Trump stuff is very lucrative right now. Look at Kaepernick. Fighters are allowed to use their platform, and fans are allowed to react. Not every UFC fan is left wing. Who'd have thought?

He came out, fought an exciting fight against Till, fended off an Englishman's invasion which got him a "USA" chant from the crowd. Let American heal, fam.

I like Woodley fine but the child hood promise of buying his mom a house really pisses me off. And I heard that kind of nonsense when I was growing.

Parents buy children houses not vice versa. Parents put children thru college not vice versa.

Lol at buying your kid a house. What kind of spoiled life have you been living?

He’s not unlikeable. He’s just not particularly charismatic and he’s vocal about some topics a lot of people disagree with.

On top of it he blames those topics on him not being more popular which just comes across as whinny.

And before this fight he had some pretty awkward fights back to back.

So it’s like...

People who are not fans of Tyron Woodley

7% people who don’t like black people
50% as indifferent to him as people are any other champion in the ufc.
45% annoyed at his political opinions and being labeled a racist for it

didnt he also let conor borrow his belt so he could hold up two?

I like tyron always have... when you get to the top you will always have haters

we all have our goodside, Tyron doesn't seem like a bad person but he really needs to stop involving race into everything and stop walking around with a chip on his shoulder he has done very well for himself there's no need for that bitter aura he typically carries

What the fuck are you guys even talking about - he hasn't been talking about racial issues in the UFC since a long time, only outside the UFC on completely UFC-unrelated subjects.

I think he's a great father and it was awesome to see a champ on the treadmill with his young kids 4 days before a fight. Very respectable guy. Until he raps or talks about "major movies" he's turned down. Then fuck.. I like him though? Yeah, I'm not quite there yet either.
I just can't get with it. But "I'll Beat Yo Ass" is dropping soon watch out for it. Not a joke. "I'll Beat Yo Ass.."

Even his songs are whiny.

I like Woodley fine but the child hood promise of buying his mom a house really pisses me off. And I heard that kind of nonsense when I was growing.

Parents buy children houses not vice versa. Parents put children thru college not vice versa.
what an idiotic thing to be pissed off about.

parents are poor, kid says he's going to make it and buy them a house... disgusting! how dare he take care of his loved ones!

jesus fuck.

He's a racist. I don't care if a racist buys his mother a nice house, he's still a racist.

It's hard to root for a guy that thinks he's the greatest of all times. Fedor never said he's the goat, nor did GSP, Anderson or Jon Jones. Do your work, win fights and let the people decide who the GOAT is.

Don’t worry bro... I don’t think your a spoiled dipshit; you just thought it was a clever take on a simple human emotion but these shertards just don’t understand.

No one has said he's not nice, but he whines constantly and says everyone is racist (but if a black person were to say something bad about a white person, it is of course not racist). He has also been involved in several boring fights which of course won't attract any new fans. I usually enjoy watching Woodley fight even if it's a boring performance, but as a person he just seems to be incredibly annoying and negative.

It's not a narrative. Before this fight half of sherdog didn't like him based on his last few uneventful fights and his identity politics.

you don't compare every single NBA player to Michael Jordan, because they're not on his level, you only compare LeBron to Michael Jordan or Kobe.

You may not compare every player with the best but you would certainly compare high achievers with the best which is exactly what is happening.

to act like Woodley is somehow failing because he's not Conor McGregor means EVERYONE is failing because NO ONE is Conor McGregor or even on his level.

I certainly have not implied or stated in any way that Woodley is somehow failing because he's not Conor McGregor. I 'm just clearly outlining that of the two examples, in GSP and Conor, Tyron has clearly chosen the path he is going to take as being boisterous doesn't fit his m.o. and calling for big money fights has already failed for him.

Last edited:
I'm sure if the OP was alive in America during the late 1930s he would be going on and on about how Hitler loved animals and how that "proved beyond doubt" that Hitler was likeable.

I'm not even joking.

I like Tyron. It's easy to find comments I've made defending him or praising him. He's shown human virtue, he's smart, and he's a damn good fighter. He also pisses me off. It's just as easy to find places where I criticized him sharply. He comes off as entitled, he complains a lot, and he edges into race baiting here and there. He's been in a few downright awful fights.

Individuals are complex, and the reactions of other individuals to them are complex.

Good guy and unlikeable aren’t mutually exclusive.

This

I like him. I think he's talented, skilled and fight's smart. I really don't care about the other stuff. That's not why I watch mma.

I don’t know who’s pushing a narrative i just know I don’t like the prick

Back