People trying to push the narrative that Tyron is "unlikeable"...

People saying that a guy who gave his opponent back his missed weight purse , is "unlikeable", are absolutely close minded. That's probably the least "unlikeable" thing that a fighter could do.
Soooo, regardless of anything he does, based on the fact he gave Kelvin his money back, Tyron will always be likeable to you?
That makes sense

Why wouldn't you buy your parents a house? You know, some parents migrate in the hope of a better future for their children and so forth's sake? They make sacrifices so spoiled kids like you have the opportunity to shine. Be grateful rather than hateful.

So you're telling me Cristiano Ronaldo's single mother failed as his mother? First thing he did when he received his first contract was buy his mother a house... Failure? I think not... He could buy up your entire family's assets in a blink of an eye....

Meh with your attitude, doubt anyone would want to help you in life anyway. good luck.

I think you quoted the wrong person. I was saying basically the same thing to skySolo

You come across as someone who can't read so I can't be bothered with your post either.

You realize you sounded like a spoiled asshole and now you dont want to talk about it? Yeah. I wouldnt either. Judging by the other responses on this thread im not the only one that has "reading comprehension" problems.

Strawman argument

While there has been plentty of dislike for Tyron on the boards I don't ever recall the reason being that he isn't a nice person. Sherdoggers dislike him for other reasons

Boring fights
Race baiting
Demanding/believing he was/entitled to money fights ie that he should be defending against Nick Diaz of all people

people keep saying this, but what about GSP? GSP is the exact opposite of all of the things you said make fighters popular and yet he is one of the most popular fighters ever.

doesn't shit talk, isn't in exciting fights, and is incredibly humble.
giphy.gif
Gsp wasnt appreciated until he was gone. He had great ppv ratings because he had Canada behind him, had decent english with a cool accent, and had something called charisma. Btw he did have a personality and quirky call outs (im not impressed with your perfomance). He was a good looking and was a standout in terms of popularity. Besides his loses he had decisive fights. His wins were total domination besides his last fight of his reign. During his streak, people tuned in to see if someone would beat him, no one did. Woodley doesn't have half the charisma of gsp and no one likes a fighter who bitches about people not liking them.

Btw gsp also beat very popular fighters of the time. Which greatly boosted his popularity. Sorry robbie, maia, and wonderboy aren't the most popular fighters to casuals

Those 3 fights were the ones everybody had their eyes on.
His tittle defenses.
He KOd Lawler and then put 3 stinkers while asking for super fights and saying any critic or complaints towards him were do to people being racists .
If you can’t see how that turns people off you are blind.
Fight of the night is a stinker?

His words make him unlikable and a few actions doesn't change my mind. If he continues on fighting without crying about money fights and spewing crap out like he's the GOAT WW, then maybe I will change my view of him.

people keep saying this, but what about GSP? GSP is the exact opposite of all of the things you said make fighters popular and yet he is one of the most popular fighters ever.

doesn't shit talk, isn't in exciting fights, and is incredibly humble.
giphy.gif

GSP is great and has accomplished more than most, but he never headlined a PPV that did more than a million buys. Conor has at least 4 times.

GSP is certainly popular, but there are levels to this ish.

It was cool, sure. But I don’t get why he had to make sure to get in on camera.

Tyron seems like a good dude.

Just misunderstood around these parts - I think that's attributed to all the racist fucks that hide behind their keyboards tho

GSP is great and has accomplished more than most, but he never headlined a PPV that did more than a million buys. Conor has at least 4 times.

GSP is certainly popular, but there are levels to this ish.

yeah, and what's wrong with being GSP level?

my point is, not everyone is going to be Conor, so why is everyone comparing anyone to Conor?

Conor isn't the standard, Conor is the exception.

that's why i said GSP, because GSP's level of populariity is certainly in a more comparable realm than comparing him to an anomaly of the sport.

we all have our goodside, Tyron doesn't seem like a bad person but he really needs to stop involving race into everything and stop walking around with a chip on his shoulder he has done very well for himself there's no need for that bitter aura he typically carries

my point is, not everyone is going to be Conor, so why is everyone comparing anyone to Conor?

My point is that's how comparisons generally work. It is the outliers that set the tone and restructure the current framework everyone has to work within.

GSP showed everyone how to be a champ and garner a lot of respect. Conor showed everyone how to be a champ and make incredibly absurd amounts of money. Fighters fight for money plain and simple. So if you're are a fighter and you have these two examples to choose from one is much more clear to the end goal for most fighters.

Im going to save you some time OP.The reason people don't like Woodley is simple.

Black MMA fighter who isn't a sterotype = Disliked by fans. Outside of Rampage( a sterotype), what black MMA fighters have fans not shitted on?

Some of you guys seem to have a very selective memory. Tyron Woodley unlikeable? This is the same guy who gave Kevin Gastelum back his missed weight purse, because in his words, " he knows what it's like to be an up and coming fighter".

https://www.mmamania.com/2015/2/2/7...-purse-overweight-kelvin-gastelum-ufc-183-mma

"The kid lost, it was his first loss and he's not going to get his win bonus," Woodley told reporters at the UFC 183 post-fight press conference (watch it here). "Dana White probably yelled at him. His coaches probably yelled at him. He's probably pissed off at himself. I just can't find it in my heart to do that right now. I got the win, I had a good performance and I feel good about it."

To my knowledge, NOONE has been nice enough to do this for their opponent in the history of mma.

Here's the "unlikeable" Tyron, keeping a childhood promise he made to his mother, and buying her a new home....

A here's another example of the "unlikeable" Tyron Woodley, consoling Darren Till after his first loss:

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/video-tyron-woodley-backstage-embrace-darren-till-ufc-228

Some of you desperately trying to push the "Tyron is unlikeable" narrative, is the exact reason why Tyron's sentiment of getting an unfair shake is 100% true. Dude is a class act, and always has been. If you don't like him for other reasons, you're welcome to your own close minded point of view. But stop trying use this garbage narrative as an excuse. GOOD GUY Woodley is going to be here for a loooooong time, so get used to it.

View attachment 435163

Because Dana says shit about him.

No one believes Dana on anything except wgew he is tearing down one of his champs.

My point is that's how comparisons generally work. It is the outliers that set the tone and restructure the current framework everyone has to work within.

GSP showed everyone how to be a champ and garner a lot of respect. Conor showed everyone how to be a champ and make incredibly absurd amounts of money. Fighters fight for money plain and simple. So if you're are a fighter and you have these two examples to choose from one is much more clear to the end goal for most fighters.

yeah, if you're completely delusional.

you don't compare every single NBA player to Michael Jordan, because they're not on his level, you only compare LeBron to Michael Jordan or Kobe.

to act like Woodley is somehow failing because he's not Conor McGregor means EVERYONE is failing because NO ONE is Conor McGregor or even on his level.

I like Woodley fine but the child hood promise of buying his mom a house really pisses me off. And I heard that kind of nonsense when I was growing.

Parents buy children houses not vice versa. Parents put children thru college not vice versa.

And what if a parent is unable to buy their kid a house or put them through school? Does that diminish from the nice gesture a son or daughter makes if they buy their mother a house? Why not vice versa? Are you just trying to shame his mother for not being able to do that for her son? Unless you have some insider knowledge about her finances, showing she had the money and chose not to buy tyron a house and also let him spend his money on her house.....

Tyron seems like really good dude most of time, but he also has that other side.

Some of you guys seem to have a very selective memory. Tyron Woodley unlikeable? This is the same guy who gave Kevin Gastelum back his missed weight purse, because in his words, " he knows what it's like to be an up and coming fighter".

https://www.mmamania.com/2015/2/2/7...-purse-overweight-kelvin-gastelum-ufc-183-mma

"The kid lost, it was his first loss and he's not going to get his win bonus," Woodley told reporters at the UFC 183 post-fight press conference (watch it here). "Dana White probably yelled at him. His coaches probably yelled at him. He's probably pissed off at himself. I just can't find it in my heart to do that right now. I got the win, I had a good performance and I feel good about it."

To my knowledge, NOONE has been nice enough to do this for their opponent in the history of mma.

Here's the "unlikeable" Tyron, keeping a childhood promise he made to his mother, and buying her a new home....

A here's another example of the "unlikeable" Tyron Woodley, consoling Darren Till after his first loss:

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/video-tyron-woodley-backstage-embrace-darren-till-ufc-228

Some of you desperately trying to push the "Tyron is unlikeable" narrative, is the exact reason why Tyron's sentiment of getting an unfair shake is 100% true. Dude is a class act, and always has been. If you don't like him for other reasons, you're welcome to your own close minded point of view. But stop trying use this garbage narrative as an excuse. GOOD GUY Woodley is going to be here for a loooooong time, so get used to it.

View attachment 435163

While I've always liked Tyrone and have always stood up for him, what you have to look at is what most people like today in sports or the media: Bullies, drug cheats, money obsessed morons, loud mouths, basically scumbags. The world is a messed up place.

Back