People trying to push the narrative that Tyron is "unlikeable"...

truthisfreedom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some of you guys seem to have a very selective memory. Tyron Woodley unlikeable? This is the same guy who gave Kevin Gastelum back his missed weight purse, because in his words, " he knows what it's like to be an up and coming fighter".

https://www.mmamania.com/2015/2/2/7...-purse-overweight-kelvin-gastelum-ufc-183-mma

"The kid lost, it was his first loss and he's not going to get his win bonus," Woodley told reporters at the UFC 183 post-fight press conference (watch it here). "Dana White probably yelled at him. His coaches probably yelled at him. He's probably pissed off at himself. I just can't find it in my heart to do that right now. I got the win, I had a good performance and I feel good about it."

To my knowledge, NOONE has been nice enough to do this for their opponent in the history of mma.

Here's the "unlikeable" Tyron, keeping a childhood promise he made to his mother, and buying her a new home....

A here's another example of the "unlikeable" Tyron Woodley, consoling Darren Till after his first loss:

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/video-tyron-woodley-backstage-embrace-darren-till-ufc-228

Some of you desperately trying to push the "Tyron is unlikeable" narrative, is the exact reason why Tyron's sentiment of getting an unfair shake is 100% true. Dude is a class act, and always has been. If you don't like him for other reasons, you're welcome to your own close minded point of view. But stop trying use this garbage narrative as an excuse. GOOD GUY Woodley is going to be here for a loooooong time, so get used to it.

Tyron-woodley-belt.jpg

Last edited:
Now we all know it pisses Dana off, Tyron's popularity will surely surge.

So if we have another opinion than you we're "close minded."

LOL! The irony.

Because they're guilty of being sensitive snowflakes themselves.

Dont hate the guy, if he stops complaining all the time and fights like he just did and not like wonderboy, maia then I hope he continues triggering Dana.

So if we have another opinion than you we're "close minded."

LOL! The irony.

People saying that a guy who gave his opponent back his missed weight purse , is "unlikeable", are absolutely close minded. That's probably the least "unlikeable" thing that a fighter could do.

I like Woodley fine but the child hood promise of buying his mom a house really pisses me off. And I heard that kind of nonsense when I was growing.

Parents buy children houses not vice versa. Parents put children thru college not vice versa.

That's because he firmly stands up for what he believes and doesn't bow to others easily, so it takes time for people to understand that about him, it happened to me as well.
But he's a great dude

Haha, this is true. His feud with Dana may do more for his buy rate than any made up feud he could generate with anyone at 170.

Twood is a great guy, always been.

It's all ready happening. You seen the comments on the post fight speech?

There's something about the "every man" sticking it to the boss. People seem to respond well to that.

Last edited:
I like Woodley fine but the child hood promise of buying his mom a house really pisses me off. And I heard that kind of nonsense when I was growing.

Parents buy children houses not vice versa. Parents put children thru college not vice versa.
His mum couldn't afford a house. You don't know what Woodley's family has been through.

This is an ignorant post.

Not all families can afford these things. Sometimes giving someone the character and work ethic to be successful is the best a parent can do.

There's plenty of reasons to like him, there's plenty of reasons to not like him

Let's not start acting like your opinion is the only right one TS

People have different opinions from you man, get over it. Every forum you post in, it's the same shit, "you don't agree because you're racist/close-minded/bigot, etc." I'm sure Conor bought his parents a freaking castle, yet there are still countless people who can't stand his shtick, and it's totally understandable. Same as with Tyron. People don't say he is a bad guy, but they say he is annoying, which can obviously make a guy unlikable.

I diagree with his political views but he seems like a great family man and nice guy all around

He's likeable as a person, his entitled attitude when it comes to career turns people off.

Some of you desperately trying to push the "Tyron is unlikeable" narrative, is the exact reason why Tyron's sentiment of getting an unfair shake is 100% true.
<WellThere>

You're putting the cart before the horse. He won a SD then sat out for a year and a half cause he felt he was owed a title shot and didn't want to risk losing to prove it. He then put on a couple of absolute stinkers and praised himself for them and blamed the fans and called them racist for calling the fights exactly what they were.

Most people liked him to begin with and jumped off the train when he started putting on shit fights and complaining that people didn't like them.

You sound like a spoiled kid

“Parents buy children houses” WAT

Some people find him likable.

Some don't.

They're all entitled to their opinions. Why in fuck's name do you care??

Back