People trying to push the narrative that Tyron is "unlikeable"...

Tyron is a good dude, he just says stupid shit that people remember more. Like Favorably comparing Kap who refused to be a back up after he lost his starting gig while getting paid millions by Nike to Ali who was stripped of his title and jailed. Or on the competitive side, no one wants to hear that a challenger, especially a fan loved challenger doesn’t deserve a fight and has to earn it. Great win over Lawler, but his talk after when Lawlers name came up for a rematch was a buzz kill. Max is like the only one that gets that aspect of it.

Some of you guys seem to have a very selective memory. Tyron Woodley unlikeable? This is the same guy who gave Kevin Gastelum back his missed weight purse, because in his words, " he knows what it's like to be an up and coming fighter".

https://www.mmamania.com/2015/2/2/7...-purse-overweight-kelvin-gastelum-ufc-183-mma

"The kid lost, it was his first loss and he's not going to get his win bonus," Woodley told reporters at the UFC 183 post-fight press conference (watch it here). "Dana White probably yelled at him. His coaches probably yelled at him. He's probably pissed off at himself. I just can't find it in my heart to do that right now. I got the win, I had a good performance and I feel good about it."

To my knowledge, NOONE has been nice enough to do this for their opponent in the history of mma.

Here's the "unlikeable" Tyron, keeping a childhood promise he made to his mother, and buying her a new home....

A here's another example of the "unlikeable" Tyron Woodley, consoling Darren Till after his first loss:

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/video-tyron-woodley-backstage-embrace-darren-till-ufc-228

Some of you desperately trying to push the "Tyron is unlikeable" narrative, is the exact reason why Tyron's sentiment of getting an unfair shake is 100% true. Dude is a class act, and always has been. If you don't like him for other reasons, you're welcome to your own close minded point of view. But stop trying use this garbage narrative as an excuse. GOOD GUY Woodley is going to be here for a loooooong time, so get used to it.

View attachment 435163

You never replied to my post showing you the facts about your SJW blacklivesmatter homicides in Chicago

Some of you guys seem to have a very selective memory. Tyron Woodley unlikeable? This is the same guy who gave Kevin Gastelum back his missed weight purse, because in his words, " he knows what it's like to be an up and coming fighter".

https://www.mmamania.com/2015/2/2/7...-purse-overweight-kelvin-gastelum-ufc-183-mma

"The kid lost, it was his first loss and he's not going to get his win bonus," Woodley told reporters at the UFC 183 post-fight press conference (watch it here). "Dana White probably yelled at him. His coaches probably yelled at him. He's probably pissed off at himself. I just can't find it in my heart to do that right now. I got the win, I had a good performance and I feel good about it."

To my knowledge, NOONE has been nice enough to do this for their opponent in the history of mma.

Here's the "unlikeable" Tyron, keeping a childhood promise he made to his mother, and buying her a new home....

A here's another example of the "unlikeable" Tyron Woodley, consoling Darren Till after his first loss:

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/video-tyron-woodley-backstage-embrace-darren-till-ufc-228

Some of you desperately trying to push the "Tyron is unlikeable" narrative, is the exact reason why Tyron's sentiment of getting an unfair shake is 100% true. Dude is a class act, and always has been. If you don't like him for other reasons, you're welcome to your own close minded point of view. But stop trying use this garbage narrative as an excuse. GOOD GUY Woodley is going to be here for a loooooong time, so get used to it.

View attachment 435163

Do you get some pleasure out of being an SJW? Lol. Wtf is wrong with you bro. Tyron is a product of a mother having 12 kids with multiple different fathers. No one respects that except you :eek::eek::eek:s that make excuses for it

Tyron is a good dude, he just says stupid shit that people remember more. Like Favorably comparing Kap who refused to be a back up after he lost his starting gig while getting paid millions by Nike to Ali who was stripped of his title and jailed. Or on the competitive side, no one wants to hear that a challenger, especially a fan loved challenger doesn’t deserve a fight and has to earn it. Great win over Lawler, but his talk after when Lawlers name came up for a rematch was a buzz kill. Max is like the only one that gets that aspect of it.
even Jim Brown (a civil rights legend) who participated in many protests on his own time, said Kaepernick made a mistake by protesting at work.

he should have gone to any rally he supported on his own time, his presence would have brought press to them for sure. But who protests at work?

If you cost your employer money they are never going to be happy with you.

View attachment 435163

Don't have an argument with any reasons why you'd disagree with people who say that, but, ultimately, are you claiming there is one, objective standard for "likeable?" If a person doesn't like him, then he's unlikable, to that person. I get that one can argue standards, and make logical cases, but this is something that is entirely, 100% a matter of personal, subjective preference.

I like Woodley fine but the child hood promise of buying his mom a house really pisses me off. And I heard that kind of nonsense when I was growing.

Parents buy children houses not vice versa. Parents put children thru college not vice versa.
Exactly.
This trope/behavior was propagated by boomers and X'ers that didn't plan for their retirement as a way to secure what they feel was their reward for raising their kids.
Sorry elderly snowflakes, no fucking participation trophies for you. Buy your own damn house if it's soooo easy.

No one is pushing that narrative harder than Tyrone.
Came here to say the exact same thing. Respect his skills, but not the victim mentality. That being said, the dude keeps winning and Dana is gonna have to figure out a way to work with Tyron. He seems to have a stranglehold on that title for a while...

I don't find him likeable at all, but who gives a shit? He is a great fighter.

Tyron has many likeable qualities. He comes
across like a good dude. Would anyone be averse to drinking a beer with him? He seems like a pleasant and trustworthy guy.

However, hectoring the fans (who pay you) and playing the race card (with little if any evidence) is always going to infuriate people. That’s a fact. He has made some missteps, and has a victim mentality.

Ali grew up during racial segregation and the draft. Fuck comparing him to Floyd in any respect.

they both claimed to be the greatest ever (all time!). that's a fact. it's not "comparing".

Tyron is "unlikable" to racists. It's a dog-whistle word.
The guy is elite at his job and has role model behavior in society. But, he doesn't kiss his bosses ass, he's his own man. If he had less Melanin he'd be acknowledged as the text-book American man.
But, to some people, that kind of behavior makes him an "uppity...." (you all know the word that comes next).

View attachment 435163

He's not a bad person, he's just annoying to endure as champ.

For me it primarily comes down to his whining after he beat Gastelum about how the UFC isn't running itself like a true sport and doesn't give deserving contenders a title shot after he only beat two guys in a row. Then right after winning the title he wanted to fight Nick Diaz who hadn't won a fight in years.

I like Woodley fine but the child hood promise of buying his mom a house really pisses me off. And I heard that kind of nonsense when I was growing.

Parents buy children houses not vice versa. Parents put children thru college not vice versa.
Holy sh!t! I feel for your parents when they get old!

Seems like a good dude but the Ferguson
Shit is annoying. It was lie spread by the media to cause racial tension and improve their tv ratings

Do you get some pleasure out of being an SJW? Lol. Wtf is wrong with you bro. Tyron is a product of a mother having 12 kids with multiple different fathers. No one respects that except you :eek::eek::eek:s that make excuses for it

LOL! If caring about the wellbeing of human beings, regardless of what they look like makes me an SJW, please sign me up!

Trump! Trump! Trump!

Make America Great Again!

F@ck those dirty blacks and mexicans!

Fox news!

Blah blah blah Tyron something something racebaiting!

Police lives matter!

Heil Hilter!

Am I doing it rite bro?

Last edited:
LOL! If caring about the wellbeing of human beings, regardless of what they look like makes me an SJW, please sign me up!

Trump! Trump! Trump!

Make America Great Again!

F@ck those dirty blacks and mexicans!

Fox news!

Heil Hilter!

Am I doing it rite bro?

Typical retarded liberal response

Don't have an argument with any reasons why you'd disagree with people who say that, but, ultimately, are you claiming there is one, objective standard for "likeable?" If a person doesn't like him, then he's unlikable, to that person. I get that one can argue standards, and make logical cases, but this is something that is entirely, 100% a matter of personal, subjective preference.
Giving a fight purse back is a universally likeable thing.

Giving a fight purse back is a universally likeable thing.

A penalty that is a fraction of the opponent’s show money, who gets paid much less, while likeable, is hardly “returning a purse.”

Let’s put it this way, if you have to engage in hyperbolic exaggeration to claim someone is likeable, isn’t that an argument that he really isn’t?

Back