Peloton is sexist

And yet there are still leftists in denial in this forum that we have a major cultural self-destructive issue with #woke social politics.

I don't know how many more examples need to be provided. When I was a kid the arch-conservatives were the insane ones.

After this spazzed out rant you better provide all these tons of examples you seem to think exist of enough people to actually represent “the left” actually labeling this commercial serious sexism. I’ve seen threads on this already. Someone posted a half dozen articles citing social media posts on this story and guess what, sexism is only a word that appears in the hyperbole filled clickbait internet headlines.

All the tweets and shit in these articles don’t call it sexism. They make snide or dark jokes and bust this commercials balls as the internet is prone to do, but I’ve yet to see a single post let alone enough to constitute a “major cultural self destructive issue” by “the left” that is seriously attacking this as sexism.

The premise of the commercial was a bit of gift giving faux pas and the marketing ploy fell flat, thus they get made fun of online and their stock falls a bit because their biggest marketing push of the year is being laughed at. The stock is also effected by them dropping subscription prices. You ranting about cultural destruction from the left over this is what’s insane. You fell for a word journalists threw in their headlines to get attention from gullible folks to this non-story.

This isn't a real controversy. This is a marketing gimmick.

I don't care what the stock price did. No one had ever heard of this company. Now they have.

What’s wrong with people spending coin on it?

Nothing. I'm just talking about the commercial.

Well, I mean, I do think it's an enormous waste of money that could be better spent, but I think that about a lot of things.

People should stop pretending to care about stationary bikes.

Imagine this, promoting exercise is now considered an attack on someone. This is where we can wait for Trotsky to hop in and write a mini book on how this is actually the conservatives fault, yadda yadda.

Imagine this, a company makes a commercial that’s premise is a bit of gift giving faux pas and people make fun of it online. A bad marketing campaign around the biggest retail time of year hurts the stock a bit (as well as other business choices) and then journalists trying to fill their 24/7 cycle try to make this non-story into something by throwing words like sexism in the headlines and people actually believing the headlines are how society feels? Have you never been on the internet before lol?

Can’t believe you guys are buying this.

The wife in the video kept using it and PUTTING THE BOW BACK ON IT AND RE-HIDING IT PRIOR TO RECEIVING THE FUCKING GIFT!

Yeah, she didn't want the bike.

<[analyzed}>

But actually, she received the bike last Christmas, made a progress video of her exercising and using it for 1 year, and finally thanking her husband at the end for the results. She is showing that progress video during the current Christmas.

Last edited:
After this spazzed out rant you better provide all these tons of examples you seem to think exist of enough people to actually represent “the left” actually labeling this commercial serious sexism. I’ve seen threads on this already. Someone posted a half dozen articles citing social media posts on this story and guess what, sexism is only a word that appears in the hyperbole filled clickbait internet headlines.

All the tweets and shit in these articles don’t call it sexism. They make snide or dark jokes and bust this commercials balls as the internet is prone to do, but I’ve yet to see a single post let alone enough to constitute a “major cultural self destructive issue” by “the left” that is seriously attacking this as sexism.

The premise of the commercial was a bit of gift giving faux pas and the marketing ploy fell flat, thus they get made fun of online and their stock falls a bit because their biggest marketing push of the year is being laughed at. The stock is also effected by them dropping subscription prices. You ranting about cultural destruction from the left over this is what’s insane. You fell for a word journalists threw in their headlines to get attention from gullible folks to this non-story.

I love liberals that are in self denial. You can go to Facebook and Twitter and see a bunch of "Woke" warriors whining about this being sexist. The Youtube video even had 11K dislikes compared to just 3K likes. But then you come in and say "Derpa Derp! Nobody is calling this sexist". This controversy didn't just pop out of thin air. Maybe you should be mad at your fellow liberals for being such sensitive pussies than worried about normal people calling you out.

Oh wait, you live in LA. You're far too gone to save. Sorry.

Last edited:
I love liberals that are in self denial. You can go to Facebook and Twitter and see a bunch of "Woke" warriors whining about this being sexist. The Youtube video even had 11K dislikes compared to just 3K likes. But then you come in and say "Derpa Derp! Nobody is calling this sexist". This controversy didn't just pop out of thin air. Maybe you should be mad at your fellow liberals for being such sensitive pussies than worried about normal people calling you out.

I am sure some of those dislikes are people who think the commercial is sexist but at the same time its a terrible commercial in general so its to be expected that the like/dislike ratio won't be so good.

Lol who uses Facebook anymore besides moms selling oils?

So let’s see this avalanche of posts screaming about sexism. There must be tens of thousands if this is an issue with “the left”. So far I’ve seen a handful posts and 99% about this being jokes.

It’s a spinning bike. If you’re in shit climate and can’t always bike that’s what it’s for training for. Idk the only reviews I see on it on YouTube are from cyclists and triathletes, which I’ve only seen because my wife is a triathlete. She uses a cycleops but has been considering getting a spin bike because I guess it’s safer to have indoors with our toddler. idk search Peloton and triathlon and tons of links pop up about using it for training.

To me it just makes no sense to buy a spinning bike when you already have a bike and even the highest end smart trainers are just over 1k.

Commercial would have been more believable if it was just 30 seconds of them eating Doritos in bed while the laundry hangs off the dusty Peloton in the corner of the bedroom.
People who own stationary bikes are literally worse than Hitler.

To me it just makes no sense to buy a spinning bike when you already have a bike and even the highest end smart trainers are just over 1k.
Trust me, we weren’t impressed and aren’t buying one. But somebody is and including paying for the subscription that’s either people who just throw money away or people who are dedicated to training.

Not familiar with the other smart trainers but the Peloton has quite a few features. You take “classes” led by real trainers via the video feed that lead unique rides that take folks through a natural training progression over time instead of just picking this loop or that loop that has more resistance over and over again. Your friends can take the same class with you, you’re being motivated and coached by a trainer, your stats are tracked and you can compare them on leader boards with everyone in the world or just your friends, etc.

It makes it feel like your at a spin class and not just sitting on stationary bike staring at a wall or watching tv. Some folks need this extra motivation. A lot don’t want to go outside and deal with traffic safety issues or weather.

I hate stationary bikes, would never take a spin class, but get why some folks would like this .

Back