Peloton is sexist

Mr. 4K

Riding a rhino pico de gallo
@Gold
Reaction score
Quick point of privilege. Thank you! So guys, there’s this recent peloton commercial, where this man gets his wife one of these peloton bikes. It’s a really cool bike with tons of features. I thought it was a great commercial. I almost got one for the family but deemed it to be too expensive. I’m getting off topic.

Anyways, the commercial was deemed sexist because some groups of people decided that it was sexist because the wife didn’t ask for the bike and the way it was given to her. Idk. But what I do know is their shares took a hit and I’m hoping we can all buy multiple pelotons this holiday season when they drop the prices!

I almost forgot! Here’s the video:

and here’s a link to the full story: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...acklash-over-gift-that-gives-ad-pummels-stock

Is it sexist? Is he a pig for wanting his wife to stay in shape and be healthy?! No one wants to well you know.

Thank you for letting me speak my truth guys!

The pig didn't want his wife to become a pig.

The lady didn't seem too insulted and diminished as a woman by receiving that bike. She seemed pretty happy and committed to exercising with it. Sure it might have been due to the Peloton Plug in the seat, but that's besides the point!

My friend sent the video to me with the caption WTF before I even heard of the controversy surrounding it. So I was looking for something outrageous but I didn't know what.

After watching it I thought it was a spoof and not a real video. Then I thought maybe it was the ridiculousness of her constantly recording herself so they can watch a boring ass video of her working out one year later. Then I thought "this is just a bike with a screen so maybe it's about a product that isn't really that distinguished and that's the gag".

Now I find out it's a bunch of fat women claiming the controversy is over a man having the nerve to buy his wife exercise equipment. So, like, I guess I get it? But I still think the commercial is just massively stupid and doesn't make me want to buy one in spite of what it's being criticized for.

The only people upset with this are white liberals and a few miscellaneous people who have never stepped into a gym in their life. Basically the type of people dumb and/or inactive enough to think an exercise bike has one purpose and that's to lose weight.

I thought the commercial was stupid and corny. She's bawling at the end, it's a fucking bike lmao

Anyone who gets offended by this commercial is even more stupid. God forbid the husband is encouraging a healthy exercise habit in a time where obesity is rampant and people are dying left and right from being fat fucks. Jesus Christ smh

I think the commercial is pretty cringe but the outraged fatty SJW’s seem to be misrepresenting the actual content of the ad. It’s implicit in the wife’s reaction that she is already familiar with and wanted the product.

I hate it as much as the Lexus and Chevy commercials with the red bow on the car. You have to be stupid to buy a new car or workout equipment for that matter. So many fat people out there selling weights, treadmills and bikes.

What’s wrong with a man wanting his woman to stay in shape? It’s that or leave her.

And there’s nothing sexist about that because it’s fair game the other way. If a wife said to her husband “stay in shape or I’m going to leave you” that’s fine.

Oh the horror. A wife that likes to exercise, and a husband that knows her well enough to get her a good gift that she enjoys.

My friend sent the video to me with the caption WTF before I even heard of the controversy surrounding it. So I was looking for something outrageous but I didn't know what.

After watching it I thought it was a spoof and not a real video. Then I thought maybe it was the ridiculousness of her constantly recording herself so they can watch a boring ass video of her working out one year later. Then I thought "this is just a bike with a screen so maybe it's about a product that isn't really that distinguished and that's the gag".

Now I find out it's a bunch of fat women claiming the controversy is over a man having the nerve to buy his wife exercise equipment. So, like, I guess I get it? But I still think the commercial is just massively stupid and doesn't make me want to buy one in spite of what it's being criticized for.
Haha yeah it's a silly bike that has its own premium youtube. Fast people are mad that some people don't like being fat. Ir that they don't want their SO to be a fatty.
I'm outraged that fat lazy women are dragging everyone else down.

Haha yeah it's a silly bike that has its own premium youtube. Fast people are mad that some people don't like being fat. Ir that they don't want their SO to be a fatty.
I'm outraged that fat lazy women are dragging everyone else down.

Idk about it being a silly bike. I bet it builds leg muscle depending on what workout you decide to do on it. I don’t think it’s worth the 2.5k asking price though because you gotta pay a subscription fee to get the videos.

The only thing she should be pissed about is that her husband just spent 3 grand on a stationary bike.

Idk about it being a silly bike. I bet it builds leg muscle depending on what workout you decide to do on it. I don’t think it’s worth the 2.5k asking price though because you gotta pay a subscription fee to get the videos.
That's my issue. The high cost of it, plus the fee for the video nonsense.
But I'd do that if it kept my wife from being fat.
My wife has had two kids and still isn't fat. It's not hard people. Put down the box of donuts and Costco sized chips bags

The only people upset with this are white liberals and a few miscellaneous people who have never stepped into a gym in their life. Basically the type of people dumb and/or inactive enough to think an exercise bike has one purpose and that's to lose weight.

And that's why 23 of the top 25 fattest states in America are deep red states.....

Alls I know is that I hope liberal tears drives the price down.

I love it when people bitch and it can potentially benefit me. I now know why people do it.

I like how males of a certain political persuasion aren't satisfied using reaction to this commercial to just trash feminists. They have to arbitrarily drag fatties into it so they can take shots at them, too. Why not add uggo's, guys? How about women with eczema or thinning hair?

Maximize those digs, boys! You know you will feel so much better about yourselves if you have made some woman feel bad about her physical appearance!

Back