Peloton is sexist

And yet there are still leftists in denial in this forum that we have a major cultural self-destructive issue with #woke social politics.

I don't know how many more examples need to be provided. When I was a kid the arch-conservatives were the insane ones.

Imagine this, promoting exercise is now considered an attack on someone. This is where we can wait for Trotsky to hop in and write a mini book on how this is actually the conservatives fault, yadda yadda.

Yeah Peloton is a product primarily for committed cyclists or triathletes, not fat people looking to lose weight. The price point alone should tell people that.

I have no idea who would buy this thing but it sure as hell wont be a cyclist or a triathlete

I have no idea who would buy this thing but it sure as hell wont be a cyclist or a triathlete
It’s a spinning bike. If you’re in shit climate and can’t always bike that’s what it’s for training for. Idk the only reviews I see on it on YouTube are from cyclists and triathletes, which I’ve only seen because my wife is a triathlete. She uses a cycleops but has been considering getting a spin bike because I guess it’s safer to have indoors with our toddler. idk search Peloton and triathlon and tons of links pop up about using it for training.

It’s a spinning bike. If you’re in shit climate and can’t always bike that’s what it’s for training for. Idk the only reviews I see on it on YouTube are from cyclists and triathletes, which I’ve only seen because my wife is a triathlete. She uses a cycleops but has been considering getting a spin bike because I guess it’s safer to have indoors with our toddler. idk search Peloton and triathlon and tons of links pop up about using it for training.

Would you say spin bikes are for women?

I like how males of a certain political persuasion aren't satisfied using reaction to this commercial to just trash feminists. They have to arbitrarily drag fatties into it so they can take shots at them, too. Why not add uggo's, guys? How about women with eczema or thinning hair?

Maximize those digs, boys! You know you will feel so much better about yourselves if you have made some woman feel bad about her physical appearance!
So you’re saying you’re a fat woman with thinning hair and skin flakes that litter your trailer when you shake it like a salt shaker?

also fuck fat people for being offended by exercise

- Guy gets a $3,000 stationary bike for his 120 lbs wife. Then pays $40 a month subscription.
- She gets frightened of the machine and the commitment that the machine demands (pointy eyebrows)
- She is upset that she must get up earlier each morning to bike.
- She records herself on the bike each morning to prove to herself/him that she is using her gift (where is he?).
- At the end of the year, she shows him her transformation: 120lbs to 116lbs and a "please approve of me" smile.

Is this an ad for an exercise bike or a PSA about human trafficking?

The wife in the video was happy to get the exercise bike because she wanted it. Fat SJW women are just mad because they're fat and unwanted and hate seeing slim healthy women be happy like in the video. If they took the time to diet and exercise, they wouldn't be so negative.

I thought the commercial was stupid and corny. She's bawling at the end, it's a fucking bike lmao

Anyone who gets offended by this commercial is even more stupid. God forbid the husband is encouraging a healthy exercise habit in a time where obesity is rampant and people are dying left and right from being fat fucks. Jesus Christ smh
Obesity is beautiful and brave, and nothing to be ashamed of.
Hater.

This is nothing more than some crabs-in-a-bucket type motherfuckers trying to drag everyone down to their own pathetic level of body composition and fitness so they can feel good about themselves. Just a bunch of noise fueled by jealousy.

I guess my fiance is sexist for getting me a gift certificate to a nice barber shop because she wants to see me with some nice haircuts.... instead of me just buzzing my head every 2 weeks with a shitty pair of Wahl clippers from Target.

Who the fuck spends $2400 for a stationary bike and an extra $40 a month for some pre-recorded spin classes?

Who the fuck spends $2400 for a stationary bike and an extra $40 a month for some pre-recorded spin classes?

Probably the same type of people that do all of their grocery shopping at Whole Foods.

The really sad part is nobody seems to think the problem with this, is that this woman has nothing better to do than live stream herself exercising in yoga pants.

Cough slut cough...

The wife in the video was happy to get the exercise bike because she wanted it. Fat SJW women are just mad because they're fat and unwanted and hate seeing slim healthy women be happy like in the video. If they took the time to diet and exercise, they wouldn't be so negative.
The wife in the video kept using it and PUTTING THE BOW BACK ON IT AND RE-HIDING IT PRIOR TO RECEIVING THE FUCKING GIFT!

Yeah, she didn't want the bike.

Quick point of privilege. Thank you! So guys, there’s this recent peloton commercial, where this man gets his wife one of these peloton bikes. It’s a really cool bike with tons of features. I thought it was a great commercial. I almost got one for the family but deemed it to be too expensive. I’m getting off topic.

Anyways, the commercial was deemed sexist because some groups of people decided that it was sexist because the wife didn’t ask for the bike and the way it was given to her. Idk. But what I do know is their shares took a hit and I’m hoping we can all buy multiple pelotons this holiday season when they drop the prices!

I almost forgot! Here’s the video:

and here’s a link to the full story: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...acklash-over-gift-that-gives-ad-pummels-stock

Is it sexist? Is he a pig for wanting his wife to stay in shape and be healthy?! No one wants to well you know.

Thank you for letting me speak my truth guys!

The commercial is terrible, very cringe inducing. But sexist? Nah. Yes the wife is already thin but even thin people can benefit from exercise, only fatties would think otherwise. But still a terrible commercial.
And yet there are still leftists in denial in this forum that we have a major cultural self-destructive issue with #woke social politics.

I don't know how many more examples need to be provided. When I was a kid the arch-conservatives were the insane ones.
I am not sure how this is really evidence of a major issue, even Pelaton isn't too worried about it
The backlash to the ad, called “The Gift that Gives Back,” is “worth monitoring,” as is Peloton’s response, said Justin Patterson, an analyst at Raymond James. He said he expects the ad will be pulled, and the controversy will eventually die down once the late-night shows do their “inevitable” parodies.
Justin knows what's up.

Yeah, I agree that it has a sort of sexist nature to it, but I wish more people were talking about how ludicrous and sentimentally self-indulgent it is.

What’s wrong with people spending coin on it?

Back