Pearson, "I'm hurting right now..."

MMAbetMASTA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
"I'm hurting right now you know...I believe I've lost half a pay check. The judges, they don't lose half a pay check. I feel like I've been robbed, you know?" -Pearson last night at the post fight conference.

My thoughts exactly and my sentiments to Pearson.

When are judges going to be held accountable for these very questionable, incompetent, and arguably corrupt scorings?

Jeff Collins' 30-27 score for Diego is truly head scratching...

The only legit argument I could see for his scoring is that he accidently put 30-27 for Diego, meaning he got the colors / names mixed up on the score cards. Even if this were true, he should be fired for sheer incompetency.

As a crappy gambler I lost on Pearson last night, but its obviously nothing in comparison to the thousands Pearson lost, the thousands other gamblers were robbed of, and most importantly the big LOSS that is now on Ross' official record.

I think the solution is for Ross to immediately appeal the decision. After which zuffa needs to use some money and muscle to aggressively seek out reform in the different athletic commissions with a focus on judging reform and actual accountability among these half assed judges. These fools are either str8 corrupt, or are completely negligent and ignorant to their respective duties and MUST be held accountable.

Jeff Collins (and Chris Tellez for that matter) should man up and start by paying Pearson his win money asap. Then Collins should be fired or if he has a soul should resign to a smaller position in the commission.

Props to Marcos Rosales for being the only professional there that evening.

I've seen many horrible decisions in my decade+ of watching mma, but this is the icing on the cake. My faith in the sport is wavering if there isn't serious reform soon.

Strange usually when Dana feels the decision was wrong he usually pays the fighter. It's happened in the past for far less controversial decisions. Why not now?

Strange usually when Dana feels the decision was wrong he usually pays the fighter. It's happened in the past for far less controversial decisions. Why not now?

Has he made a public comment about the fight yet?

i feel bad for him. It seems like Dana is covering win bonuses less on robberies. Maybe just from more cards and with such bad judges that its becoming the norm he decided he can't have the expectation there that they will just keep covering it. But this wasn't questionable or just surprising or a controversy where an argument could be made for the decision going the other way. This was a beyond a shadow of a doubt robbery by judges who clearly don't understand how to judge fights. Hope Dana steps up. Ross has been a hard worker and always puts on good fights for him.

Maybe it's because Dana didn't get to watch the fights yet. He did have some family business to take care of last night, according to the sherdogs.

I agree. That Jeff guy that scored it for Diego should not be a judge. He should lose his job for that one, or at least get a different AC job than judging.

Take a bum off the street to replace him. Couldn't be worse.

those judges only lacked a gun in such a blatant robbery

I personally think he won 29-28 eeaasssyyyy if not a 30-27 but he needs to blame himself, not the judges. You can't win back pedaling popshooting. Machida vs Rampage told us this.

That was a total bullshit decision. Props to Pearson for handling it like he did, he kept his composure despite getting robbed.

I haven't really searched other news sites, but from what I know I haven't heard comment from dana yet. Like dude above said I think he wasn't watching the fights due to 'family business'.

Assuming he still has some good karma in his body I'm thinking he will pay ross his W money.

I also hope he really tries get some sort of progressive reform going. With the money and power the fertittas and he have now, they could do something to make change me thinks.

Dana wasn't there to see it.

I personally think he won 29-28 eeaasssyyyy if not a 30-27 but he needs to blame himself, not the judges. You can't win back pedaling popshooting. Machida vs Rampage told us this.

Na man, I totally disagree if you are saying Ross should blame himself.

He should be applauded for fighting arguably a perfect fight and not blamed for anything.

I bet on him to do EXACTLY what I thought he'd do - not get in a crazy ass brawl with diego, avoid the takedown, and use your superior technique and stand up to take a smooth decision.

That's what he did and instead of being rewarded for it he was shitted on.....

See the fight was IMHO 30-27 clearly for Ross. But you can't just sit back and counter the way he did. He had multiple chances to really put a stamp on the fight and he didn't.

Poor guy got robbed blind, hopefully he still gets his win bonus.

^ I've watched it twice and will prob watch it a third time before day's end, and I don't see him just 'backpeddling' and 'countering' the whole time. He was the aggressor at least half the time in that fight. To compare this to Machida / page or to say he just sat back on his counters is incorrect in my opinion.

Like I said I thought he mixed up everything well and fought arguably a perfect strategy. I'm not a fighter and can't blame him for not going beserk or more aggressive for a finish against a guy like diego who wants to suck you into a brawl and let your guard down.

Looking back on the fight now with the decision in mind, yes, perhaps ross would and should have done different / been more aggressive, but in the end I respect and applaud his strategy and performance last night. It was a clear deserving win.

Na man, I totally disagree if you are saying Ross should blame himself.

He should be applauded for fighting arguably a perfect fight and not blamed for anything.

I bet on him to do EXACTLY what I thought he'd do - not get in a crazy ass brawl with diego, avoid the takedown, and use your superior technique and stand up to take a smooth decision.

That's what he did and instead of being rewarded for it he was shitted on.....

I disagree. If he accepted the reality that the judging is shifty and he's fighting overseas against someone fighting in there own town who's a fan and company favorite then you need to push the pace and not fight to win.

I felt like Ross was fighting to win, not to finish Diego and guess the fuck? He left opportunity for a lost like he did.

I won some money off sanchez, I almost feel bad taking the money.

Well that's how Diego won, so how do you explain that? Or do you mean to assert the idiotic idea that Diego pressed forward the whole fight and forced Pearson to cover and counter?

Back