News Paulo Costa Still Butthurt: "My Leg Was Impaired"

2018 fan but has anyone gone from hero to zero (perhaps loser) like Paulo Costa has

Costa's performance was so disappointing. Like, I knew Izzy could out-slick him, but Costa's prior performance led me to believe he could cut off the cage, take a hit to give one if needed, and really go to town with body-head body-head hooks.

He didn't do none of that. Fighting the right way doesn't guarantee success, but he fought totally wrong. Didn't even try. He needs to shut the hell up about a rematch until he goes and smashes a few top-10 fighters in a row.

Costa literally did not hurt Adesanya at all and got easily handled through the whole fight so I dont know what all this I'm convicned theres nothing Adesanya can do to beat me talk is....

Just his way of getting over it I guess

Meh. Take a fight get back into it make yourself undeniable. Whittaker got kod brutally.. twice. Threw himself into the fire again after being burnt at the end of r1.

Didn't bitch, Didn't make excuses just said I'm not going anywhere . Took the 2 highest ranked opponents he could get. Won both convincingly.

Just shuddup Costa and fight

Makes sense, he didn’t fight the way he usually does
No every time he tried to pressure Izzy he would get countered or would be put in a bad position which forced Costa to not pressure him further

Think u need to accept the fact that Izzy is simply levels above Costa hence why he knocked him out easily

"he is agile, fast, strong, younger, experienced, technical, has a bigger dong"

not convinced though

Still not as bad as Deontay Wilder's claim that one of his coaches poisoned him or that his costume was too heavy.

But pretty bad

Still not as bad as Deontay Wilder's claim that one of his coaches poisoned him or that his costume was too heavy.

But pretty bad
There was one right punch to the ear that Fury landed in round 1 and it was beginning of the end. You can clearly see his ear bleeding. Not like his ear is cut but blood is coming out of his ear canal.

What Wilder means to say is that he was fucked after round 1.

Q: What happened?

Vitor Gracie: A series of problems since well before the fight.
I had an operation on my knee for two months but it wasn't enough time to recuperate.
Even worse, I twisted my knee and had two weeks before the event and had to have an emergency operation.
In the post operation I got tonsillitis that left me with a fever.
Even worse than that, I was hit by a car on the day of the traveling.
When I arrived in Japan, I had lost 4 kg [8.8 lbs] and went one day without eating and it was humid like a sauna all the time.
All of these problems I had before the day of the fight disturbed me psychologically.
I won the first round, but I broke my hand. In the second round I didn't fight, I just survived, because my head wasn't there. I believe the decision was fair because Vitor Belfort wasn't there fighting. I ask forgiveness; I know I let many people down, but I didn't expect so many problems to happen.

Spider.png

Last edited:
What Wilder means to say is that he was fucked after round 1.
"Some people don't know to lose" - direct quote, not a single shred of self awareness lol.

I definitely agree with you but I sincerely don't think Wilder agrees.
And that could well be his downfall

“Maybe I could have used more in the Adesanya fight, but many things happened before that fight,” Costa said. “I don’t like to talk because it might sound as excuse, but I had no sleep, my leg was totally impaired, and I shouldn’t have fought, I should have postponed it for the next weekend or more.”

“I saw what happened with Patricky (Freire), who fights for Bellator — and has the same coach, Eric Albarracin —, and his team did the right thing. He didn’t wake up well, had labyrinthitis on the day of the fight, feeling dizzy, (so) he doesn’t have to fight. We’re in such a high level that you don’t have to fight if you don’t feel well. It was our mistake.”

Costa still wants to face Adesanya in the UFC, and vows it would end differently this time.

“He’s an agile fighter, fast, but doesn’t convince me. He didn’t convince me,” Costa said of Adesanya. “It’s hard to say, I lost to him and won’t be right. I can say whatever I want and I won’t be right, it will sound salty, but, in reality, he doesn’t convince me. I can fight him 10 times and all 10 times will be different.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...ed-israel-adesanya-fight-leg-totally-impaired

He's hella salty.
The Eraser needs to get in the back of the line.
A fight against Cannonier should be next.

All fighters carry injuries. The bad ones usually never heal 100%. As these guys get into the latter stages of their career, they are carry long term, chronic injuries that they just have to put up with. Maybe he was injured more than usual, but at the end of the day, if you take the fight you can't use the injury excuse.

If it was that bad, you shouldn't have taken the fight. I get the pressure these guys are under for main events, but that's a rule you should always stick by - if you take the fight, don't make injury/sickness excuses after.

A Brazilian making more excuses? Get the fuck outta here.

Back