• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Paulo Costa| Less than 350k is a joke

I believe that UFC has a standardized pay structure partially based on ranking. Big John says they literally of pay chart on a board. So I maybe I am understating their importance.
Why would big john know?

Why would big john know?

He was a UFC employee for sometime. And he personally know many members of the UFC STAFF, UFC fighters, and owners. Also Josh Thompson is speaking with him. He was a UFC fighter and long time vet

Now, that wouldn't be because the promoter is controlling the rankings and can use them for leverage, right?

What percent of event revenue would he be worth as a headliner. At least 10 percent of gross right? 20?

He's not worth 10 percent of gross revenue when he headlines?
Ah, right, the ufc controls the rankings......you definitely proved there is no independence there......might as well continue to present it as fact.

@Dreyga2000 this is why......

He was a UFC employee for sometime. And he personally know many members of the UFC STAFF, UFC fighters, and owners. Also Josh Thompson is speaking with him. He was a UFC fighter and long time vet
I’m aware a long time ago he was an insider. That just sounds like pretty inside info he may not have access to these days.

I’m aware a long time ago he was an insider. That just sounds like pretty inside info he may not have access to these days.

He still maintains those relationships he is still very much an insider in the community

He still maintains those relationships he is still very much an insider in the community

Maybe he has access to that info. Maybe he doesn’t. Again, that would be pretty inside info they prob want to keep inside.

Maybe he has access to that info. Maybe he doesn’t. Again, that would be pretty inside info they prob want to keep inside.

Josh Thompson is literally sitting right there. He has been a UFC fighter. He still trains at AKA. He is co-signing with John

If everyone in the UFC got paid like Sherdog believes they should it would not be in business much longer.

If UFC starts paying everyone 3 or 4 times what they did now they would either barely be profitable or not profitable at all. Not as much money to go around as in MLB, NBA, and NFL. The revenue is much less.

Josh Thompson is literally sitting right there. He has been a UFC fighter. He still trains at AKA. He is co-signing with John
I understand that. I would be pretty sure this isn’t information that fighters get either. I haven’t seen this from the lawsuit either.

350k would be 1 million a year if he fights 3 times. I think that sounds pretty good for a non-champ.

How much does he think he's worth?

I understand that. I would be pretty sure this isn’t information that fighters get either. I haven’t seen this from the lawsuit either.

What makes you so sure? A lot of fighters have referenced that UFC has a set pay scale

What makes you so sure? A lot of fighters have referenced that UFC has a set pay scale
I haven’t seen fighters reference a set pay scale for ranked fighters.

Again, don’t you think that would be disclosed as an important fact in the lawsuit?

I’m not saying it’s not true, just I haven’t seen it and I do think it’s not something they’d want to publicize. And probably not a good practice.

I’m not saying it’s not true, just I haven’t seen it and I do think it’s not something they’d want to publicize. And probably not a good practice.

Why not? There is nothing illegal or unusual about a corporation with a standardized pay scale. It’s pretty mundane

wow

i support fighters wanting to be compensated and earn a pay day

but this guy folded like a lawn chair in his title fight.........he showed absolutely nothing. he should lick his wounds........get back in the win column and then make demands. i understand he wants to get paid better and i agree, but his timing is terrible

Give the dude 350k then. Outside of the Izzy fight, he's guaranteed Fireworks. I'd rather see him fight Cannonier than Kelvin.

The UFC is ripping off all fighters......fighters get like 18% of revenue, that's crap.

Basing this on actual revenue or just estimates?
Is this an average or what they're actually bringing in right now?

Paulo fair value, if UFC gave 50% of revenue, would be IMO 1-3million + PPV points if he headlines/co-main

Back