Media Paulo Costa| Less than 350k is a joke

I dont like Costa and dont know what he should earn but UFC works with mafia like strongarm tactics.

At the beginning of your career you get strongarmed into signing away a lot of rights to your person and get often one sided termination clauses with lots of fights.

Then the fighters who arent "worth it" get terminated while the ones who are worth it have to fight out their contract way below their worth.
Then when next contract is up they get again strongarmed again to extend their contract twith bad conditions and if not they get either waited out as long as possible which can be years for new new fights, if they are a title contender they wont get a title match, they will be send to the prelims and the company boss will talk smack on them to the media with enough braindead ufc fans bying it and the opportunistic media playing the game.

They even go as far as promise certain fights or pay raises with a win series if the fighters accept the conditions only to break their word when its time to own up. This is now really well established by lots of fighters who talked about it.

The whole negotiation process is fucked and I would say criminal. In soccer its the other extreme were the players hold all the cards. Both are wrong and destroy the sport.

With the UFC they have strong political connections so its very difficult to win a lawsuit against them but imo this has to happen and their contract practice has to stop.

He’s supposedly getting paid $60k per fight including his last appearance. He’s not in a good position to negotiate right now but that figure is way too low.

He’s supposedly getting paid $60k per fight including his last appearance. He’s not in a good position to negotiate right now but that figure is way too low.

60 K is a absurd

Well, he did sell ppvs, he is one of the sole brazil representatives, and he is indeed in a main event.

It is a joke. He should be getting more. All fighters should.

No, the lawsuit is about anti-competitive practice not pay. There are no US laws regarding pay distribution.
“Filed in December 2014 by a group of former UFC fighters, the suit accused the promotion of acquiring and maintaining monopoly and monopsony power in MMA through the use of long-term exclusive fighter contracts”

Monopolies are in fact illegal in America bud. Don’t know where you got your info on this case

Yes, but why not ask it when the contract is over? Going to twitter amounts to nothing.

It doesnt appear contracts are ever over....how can Dana nix the GSP-ODL fight?

Did we ever get a reason why he pulled out of the Whittaker fight last April?

*Edit - he came down with a "severe flu"

“Filed in December 2014 by a group of former UFC fighters, the suit accused the promotion of acquiring and maintaining monopoly and monopsony power in MMA through the use of long-term exclusive fighter contracts”

Monopolies are in fact illegal in America bud. Don’t know where you got your info on this case

That is actually re-affirming what I said. What they are being accused of anti-competitive practices not pay distribution. Also they are being being a monopsony not a monopoly. There is a difference

Also some monopolies are legal. They are only considered on violation of the law if they are established or maintained through improper conduct, such as exclusionary or predatory acts.See the Sherman Act.

You are confused here sir. You understand the broad strokes but not the nuances of the case.

ALL ufc fighter deserve at least that much, So it doesn’t even matter if Costa lost his last fight. Sadly this expactations are not normalized.

Isn’t UFC roster pretty much supposed to be top20-30 fighters of their weight class? And you are telling me these people don’t deserve this money for risking their health
This narrative that only cage fighters "risk their health" at work is silly, but not nearly as silly as your other claim. You think someone like Jessica Eye, or that Georgian dude that held his opponent against the cage for 15 minutes last night all deserve million dollar sallaries just cause they UFC? Gtfoh.

As for Costa, ya fuck him. Dude just laid an egg in the biggest fight of his career and now that his stock is at the lowest point he thinks to ask for that kind of money. He should be happy with about half of that, and if he's not then he can go elsewhere.

They offered Mamed Khalidov 20/20.. That was inexcusable. Costa was terrible in his 1 really high profile fight. If he gets 300k, that’s about right at this moment. If he were headlining a Ppv that he were the star of, it wouldn’t be enough.

I really don’t think Paulo is worth more than that. He got a title shot, got embarrassed, and has 1 good win against a quality opponent.

Hall is a great win/opponent. That fight was awesome.

He apparently made 380k for the Adesanya fight, 350 to show and 30 fight week incentive pay, is his base salary for a non title fight below 350k, I'd imagine so but there's no way his contract to headline a fight night card is for 60k show money . Wouldn't shock me if he's in the 150-200k range.

Clear steroid abusers in combat sports deserve no sympathy whatsoever.

Lol at anyone who thinks piracy is the reason why fighters are paid so poorly

Also Costa is about worth as much as his future onlyfans account brings in

Jon Jones wanting to get paid is still ducking though, isn't it?

$350k is twice as much as he deserves

Wtf is he crying about, especially after he shat the bed against Izzy

Don't forget Izzy planted pills in Costas winebottle and placed the Winebottle in Costas lockerroom to guarantee victory

dude just got raped in the cage. I dont think this is the right time to be asking for a raise.

This is THE time to ask for MORE MORE and MORE!

In the midnight hour, he cried more, more, more

Back