Paul Felder will RUN this lightweight division!

He beat Castillo, who can't strike that well, it was cool to see, but Castillo is hardly a proven striker.
Its not just that. He put on a striking clinic against a wrestler which is hard to do because guys worry about the take downs. The fact that he could do all that and still stuff any takedowns that came his way was impressive. If he fought against another striker then he would be even more slick and on point.

Saying that, he passed the wrestler test I suppose, that's what all fighters have to pass, apparently.

Why is that though? Why do strikers have to pass the wrestler test but not vice versa or the top flite striker test? I mean you still have somebody in this thread saying, "wait until his tdd has been tested", when he's already faced two wrestlers. Supposedly wrestlers can only be bad match-ups for strikers, but the opposite can't be true. I think a guy like Felder is proving it is. I'd more be much more interested in seeing how his striking plays against a James Krause type striker/bjj guy now, and to boot it'd be more exciting to watch. MMA isn't a wrestling contest.

He beat Castillo, who can't strike that well, it was cool to see, but Castillo is hardly a proven striker.

You are underrating Castillo, he gave Barboza a tough fight that many though could have gone his way. Paul beat Castillo much easier than a now top 10 LW did.

lol Just a tad premature. He looked very impressive handling Castillo like that.

I think he ought to fight a top 15 fighter next. Give him Khabilov or Johnson.

I'm on the hype train. All aboard The Fiery Froed Felder Freight!

I'm on the hype train

I know it's premature and that it may not be too hard to look like a striking Sensei against Castillo, but there are no other trains leaving the station right now

We'll see. He did look brilliant against Castillo though, great technique.

bump !

Great fight he had yesterday!
https://www.mma-core.com/videos/Pau...Ricci_Full_Fight_UFC_Fight_Night_105/10164200

Some old goodies:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I think he's great fun to watch, always look forward to his fights, but the only thing he has a chance of running is the Back On My Feet marathon this year.

I don't think he has it mentally, love watching him, but his fights against Edson and Pearson showed that he doesn't go after fights he could/should win

He hasn't been the same at all since he tore his ACL. He's kinda old now too so I doubt he'll make any sort of huge run.

two LEGENDS in this thread

0hm (who ran when mcgregor got humiliated by nate) and jonsnitchphones (who ran when pettis got humiliated by RDA)

nice

Back