Paul Craig vs Nikita Krylov

Interesting. Krylov can look great when he's all there, but he is also a bit of a glass cannon. Craig is pretty good at pulling it off when he seems to in trouble. Tough but I am leaning towards Craig. A lot of potential in this bout.
Craig is more of a glass cannon than Krylov

Toss up fight, guess I’d lean towards Bearjew by slick 3rd round sub.

Craig is more of a glass cannon than Krylov
I disagree. Craig usually pulls it off under pressure. While Krylov does well until he's under pressure. Yes Craig gets whooped on in pretty much all of his fights, but he some how has found a way in dire circumstances.

I disagree. Craig usually pulls it off under pressure. While Krylov does well until he's under pressure. Yes Craig gets whooped on in pretty much all of his fights, but he some how has found a way in dire circumstances.
I thought you wee referring to durability as glass cannon. Because Paul has been knocked out quite a few times and gets hurt very easily

I thought you wee referring to durability as glass cannon. Because Paul has been knocked out quite a few times and gets hurt very easily
That's fair! I guess the better way to say it is that Craig's got more heart, and less skill. While Krylov has more skill but less heart.

Pick em. Craig has a little more hype on his site, but Krylov is a good grappler and better in the standup i would say, dont think Craig can profit on his glass chin

Thats true, but for a good reason. Paul just looks like a physically stronger guy. If it goes to the mat, Paul will submit him. He just looks like a guy that will tear your arm or leg or whatever he can get his legs/arms on. Krylov`s ground game is nowhere near Paul`s. Only way Krylov can win is in the standup. But that`s also debatable. Paul ain`t slouch on the feet either. Its a good matchup. Lets hope it happens.

He split decisioned Glover and was very competitive with Ankalaev. I'll lean towards Krylov on this one, but Craig has the skills to catch him, but also vulnerable.

Craig has shown to be a little suspect in his durability. That said so has Krylov, he looks good until he can't be the bully then he tends to fade.

If it gets to the 3rd I favor Craig due to his better cardio. But pick em in the first few rounds.

Could go either way.

Krylov should be able to KO him and defend the floppy arm bar.

Yeah because that's reliable...

"Quickly pulling guard on Jamahal Hill, Paul Craig would know his best path to victory and achieved it in gruesome fashion.

Dislocating the arm of Hill in the first round, Craig is now unbeaten in five and can still boast a 100% stoppage record in his 15 career wins.

As for what’s next for the Scotsman, a fight with the well-rounded Nikita Krylov would test just how far Craig can go in the light heavyweight division."

Wtf is that? Did you write that up and post it on a forum? Either way this "source" just says it would test him, also no stating where they got that info from and they pulled it out of their ass. I also didn't see any evidence of this on IG but I didn't look hard.

"“I’m looking to have my next bout with somebody in the top 10, someone like Oezdemir or, you know, Johnny Walker, someone like that, someone who’s higher ranked than me. And we’ll not pull out because, ultimately, I wanna fight as much as I possibly can.”"

https://www.mmanews.com/2021/06/paul-craig-names-oezdemir-and-walker-as-possible-next-opponents/

That's what a source looks like. Has actual quotes from the fighter or sites inside info they have.

Yeah because that's reliable...

"Quickly pulling guard on Jamahal Hill, Paul Craig would know his best path to victory and achieved it in gruesome fashion.

Dislocating the arm of Hill in the first round, Craig is now unbeaten in five and can still boast a 100% stoppage record in his 15 career wins.

As for what’s next for the Scotsman, a fight with the well-rounded Nikita Krylov would test just how far Craig can go in the light heavyweight division."

Wtf is that? Did you write that up and post it on a forum? Either way this "source" just says it would test him, also no stating where they got that info from and they pulled it out of their ass. I also didn't see any evidence of this on IG but I didn't look hard.

"“I’m looking to have my next bout with somebody in the top 10, someone like Oezdemir or, you know, Johnny Walker, someone like that, someone who’s higher ranked than me. And we’ll not pull out because, ultimately, I wanna fight as much as I possibly can.”"

https://www.mmanews.com/2021/06/paul-craig-names-oezdemir-and-walker-as-possible-next-opponents/

That's what a source looks like. Has actual quotes from the fighter or sites inside info they have.

Man I only shared the info and asked what people think of the fight, I did not say it is booked. He said recently in an interview that the opponent has good boxing, that's all we know.

Krylov is a handful on the feet. If Craig can't get it to the ground he is going to get lit up.

PositiveCornyIchidna-size_restricted.gif

Ugh. I like Krylov and I'm starting to become a Craig fan. One of those fights. Usually when I want both guys to win I go with whoever needs the win more so I gotta go with Nikita seeing as he's currently 2-3 in his second UFC stint.

Man I only shared the info and asked what people think of the fight, I did not say it is booked. He said recently in an interview that the opponent has good boxing, that's all we know.
I'm just saying if you've "seen it on media and some site" you should have sources. If not make it an opinion statement since that's what it is. Idk that that site is but it looks sketch and also seems like an odd three sentence opinion. This fight is not being "targeted" you just thought it would be a good fight.

Is this fight kinda confirmed now?? I'd heard talk and speculation etc.
just asking....

Craig going to be a hug favorite in this fight
I'd agree.
But Krylov is no joke, he's beaten OSP and Johnny Walker. He won't be easy.
Paul Craig is very entertaining though, before, during, and after the fight.

Back