Patricio Pitbull is an all-time great FW

Daniel Cormier, Tyron Woodley, Benson Henderson, Luke Rockhold, Eddie Alvarez, Anthony Pettis, Fabricio Werdum, etc. say hi

Those guys went and proved it though. I love Patricio, but the only thing I don't like about him is he talks shit about how he'd beat everyone in the UFC, but doesn't seem willing to make any effort to go there and prove it.

He might well be able to prove it, he's a great fighter, but it's all empty unless he makes the move at some point.

Reis fought for a UFC title and has been ranked/used to build champs at 135 in the UFC for literally a decade.

Reis fought for the title at Flyweight though, he's very undersized as a Featherweight.

Daniel Cormier, Tyron Woodley, Benson Henderson, Luke Rockhold, Eddie Alvarez, Anthony Pettis, Fabricio Werdum, etc. say hi
How does that prove anything aside from Eddie lol. Everyone you listed aside from him were absorbed from Strikeforce at a time where fighters were scattered around different promotions. Once the UFC starting buying out the strike forces WEC's etc there now is really Bellator, UFC and PFL. The UFC is slowly starting to poach their fighters as well with Kayla Harrison and Chandler.

I better example is Lyman Good, Will Brooks, Ben Askren. All were Bellator champs then middle of the road fighters and in Brooks' case not even UFC caliber. Pitbull hasn't fought the best guys. Hell the guy he just fought got a title shot off UFC reject Sam Sicilia.

I'm not saying he can't be elite but when there are no challenges you can't make that claim.

Don't reaaly know who that is but even if they allowed him to fight Nunes that doesn't make him anywhere near all-time great FW status (at least men's)

Well the reason why I consider him as maybe #1 is cause he’s still currently doing it. Like if he beats Sanchez again, beats Mckee and cashes this $1m, he’s the goat and it shouldn’t be debatable. Aldo is done with FW.
Hello? Max Holloway? Holloway's resume blows Pitbull's completely out of the water.

Hello? Max Holloway? Holloway's resume blows Pitbull's completely out of the water.

Yeah, no doubt about that. Max is hard to fuck with resume wise.

Jose Aldo x2
Brian Ortega
Frankie Edgar
Cub Swanson
Ricardo Lamas
Anthony Pettis
Charles Oliveira
Jeremy Stephens

Pitbull can't compare to that, but to be fair to him he doesn't have the opportunity to regularly compete against that calibre of opponent. On the other hand that's partly his fault.

Mckee will KO pitbull and the goat talk will cease

Lets see how McKee does with Caldwell next week. He hasn't really fought anyone yet and Darrion is his toughest opponent by far.

Possibly but until he fights other top tier FWs we'll never know for sure. You can't rank someone on how you think they will do against a step up in competition. They could rise to the occasion or fold.

Level of competition, more than anything.
Skills pay the bills though. Pitbull would give him problems like Mend3s did, by staying low with him. Plus hes more dangerous off the backfoot. Level of competition means something but its also a bit of a lazy argument, Pitbull hasnt been facing scrubs. Stylistically i dont see how its not an extremely difficult fight for Volk.

Back