Patricio Pitbull is an all-time great FW

Prime Chandler won a split decision over a washed up Benson, and is 1-1 with Eddie

Even prime Askren isn't top tier UFC material, the hip is just a shitty excuse for him getting mollywhooped.

Btw Maia is 41 and washed up and still slept Askren
Was it a SD? And he KO'd him recently in the rematch, not saying he is that good, but he surely is good enough to compete with the UFC guys.

Skills pay the bills though. Pitbull would give him problems like Mend3s did, by staying low with him. Plus hes more dangerous off the backfoot. Level of competition means something but its also a bit of a lazy argument, Pitbull hasnt been facing scrubs. Stylistically i dont see how its not an extremely difficult fight for Volk.

He hasn't been facing scrubs, but he does have a lacklustre resume compared to his talent.

Brian Ortega probably has a better top 5 wins list than he does.

Prime Chandler won a split decision over a washed up Benson, and is 1-1 with Eddie

Even prime Askren isn't top tier UFC material, the hip is just a shitty excuse for him getting mollywhooped.

Btw Maia is 41 and washed up and still slept Askren
Maia didn't have a bad hip. His loss to Masvidal doesn't say much about him as a fighter. In his prime he'd have easily been a top contender in the UFC, it really seems silly to me to argue otherwise.

Chandler beat Benson when he was 32 years old and looked every bit the fighter he'd always been. He also beat Eddie when he was a young beast. You try to spin that any way you want. He's clearly been a top ten caliber fighter for a very long time. Ditto with Pitbull. There is no magic pill you take when you get to the UFC that suddenly makes you superior. We've seen this through the eras of MMA, including PRIDE and Strikeforce.

He hasn't been facing scrubs, but he does have a lacklustre resume compared to his talent.

Brian Ortega probably has a better top 5 wins list than he does.
Again resume is a lazy argument, and Ortegas irellevant. He has faced the best competition out there, without being in the ufc.

Again resume is a lazy argument, and Ortegas irellevant. He has faced the best competition out there, without being in the ufc.

He's faced the best competition available to him, which has never been the best competition in the world at the time unfortunately

It's relevant if you want to build a resume as the FW GOAT.

He's faced the best competition available to him, which has never been the best competition in the world at the time unfortunately

I was talking about how he would matchup against Volk, and why resume is irrelevant in that context. I dont claim hes the goat fw. Hes doesnt have the resume, although his resume is pretty underrated. In terms of longevity and the fact bellator has always had a strong level of fw's.

I was talking about how he would matchup against Volk, and why resume is irrelevant in that context. I dont claim hes the goat fw. Hes doesnt have the resume, although his resume is pretty underrated. In terms of longevity and the fact bellator has always had a strong level of fw's.

I think he matches up well with Volk and would love to see the fight, but Volk has proved himself more having fought Max twice, Aldo and Mendes, so we know how he performs against that top 5 level of comp.

I'm just salty because I'd love to see Patricio fight any of Volk, Max, Zabit, Yair, Ortega, Zombie or Kattar tbh. There's so many great fights for him in the UFC.

That’s not true. Don’t know if you just started watching but Straus and Curran were top 5 FWs when he beat them. Stop falling for the UFC propaganda bullshit. You ppl really discredit great fighters because they never fought in the UFC lol. Straus and Curran would’ve been amazing in the UFC too. Ppl are delusional really. Sometimes I wonder if ppl understand what they’re watching when they watch mma. It’s crazy how much the 3 letters “UFC” matter to ppl in a sport where ppl fight one another.

I would have loved to have him in the UFC, I dig the Chandler signing but Patricio is something special, when he explodes he's nasty. But I guess Bellator pays really, really well.

That’s not true. Don’t know if you just started watching but Straus and Curran were top 5 FWs when he beat them. Stop falling for the UFC propaganda bullshit. You ppl really discredit great fighters because they never fought in the UFC lol. Straus and Curran would’ve been amazing in the UFC too. Ppl are delusional really. Sometimes I wonder if ppl understand what they’re watching when they watch mma. It’s crazy how much the 3 letters “UFC” matter to ppl in a sport where ppl fight one another.

I watch everything dude. Straus and Curran probably were top 5 at the time to be fair yeah. It's more his recent comp that I have issue with, he hasn't fought someone top 10 at FW for ages.

Even you can't deny Carvalho is a bum.

Patricio beat everyone in the UFC outside Khabib, who retired.
Juan Archuleta is considered as a bigger TJ, and Pitbull made him look average.

He is good, but not an all-time great. UFC FW has been a very good division during Pitbull's prime. Aldo, Mendes, Edgar, Conor, Max, Volk, Cub, KZ, Lamas, Poirier, Kattar, Ortega, Zabit, Yair and others. Look at how long Max's path to a title shot was. Which is or has been the case with a lot of the guys above.

Pitbull have beaten a lot of good guys, but never faced another elite like him. Bellator have little to offer right now, only MC Knee would be considered a good challenge, if he beat Caldwell.
I think he is going to get that 1 million dollars money at the end of the Bellator tournament.

He should competed in the UFC, but Bellator won't let him go easily, and he is already making heavy money with the sponsor. There is a quote in boxing : "If the money is right, the fight is always right".

Patricio beat everyone in the UFC outside Khabib, who retired.
Juan Archuleta is considered as a bigger TJ, and Pitbull made him look average.

Archuleta is absolutely nowhere near as good as TJ.

I'd rate him about the same as Jimmie Rivera

It’s hard to defend this without him having fought in the UFC. But if you have watched him throughout the course of his career in Bellator, you would know he’s a world class fighter. He’s 31-4, has been professional since he debuted in 2004 at 16 years old. Has never been finished before. His resume is a talking point because there aren’t a lot of big names there but it is still very good:

Carvalho
Archuleta
Chandler
Sanchez
Weichel (2x)
Straus (3x)
Nunes
Reis
Karakhanyan
Curran

But he has shown a complete game. He is an incredible boxer with great kicks, his wrestling and grappling are top notch. Although he is small in stature, he makes up for it with power speed and accuracy. It sucks because he never fought in the UFC so a lot of his biggest moments happened in front of smaller audiences but he has shown so much heart and grit and toughness and skill throughout his career. He’s put on so many great fights and amazing comebacks. As his career starts to wind down, and as someone who’s watched his whole career in Bellator, I must say he’s become legendary in my regard. He is a special fighter and nobody has been able to touch him for over 10 years in Bellator. Which is an amazing accomplishment IMO. At this point in his career, I consider him one of the greatest FWs ever if not the best.

He's great, no doubt. Just wish we could see exactly how great he actually is against the best FWs in the world.
I have a hunch he's probably top 5 material but not THE best right now.

I think he matches up well with Volk and would love to see the fight, but Volk has proved himself more having fought Max twice, Aldo and Mendes, so we know how he performs against that top 5 level of comp.

I'm just salty because I'd love to see Patricio fight any of Volk, Max, Zabit, Yair, Ortega, Zombie or Kattar tbh. There's so many great fights for him in the UFC.
Ya I feel you. I just think even though he hasnt faced top 5 comp, he would do well skill wise. I also dont think the moment would get to him, because hes been doing it so long. Hes gonna be up there with Fedor as the biggest what ifs that never competed in the ufc, and at 33 he might not ever do it.

I watch everything dude. Straus and Curran probably were top 5 at the time to be fair yeah. It's more his recent comp that I have issue with, he hasn't fought someone top 10 at FW for ages.

Even you can't deny Carvalho is a bum.
Carvalho is definitely a bum. But I respect longevity more than anything. Pitbull has been a pro fighter before any of these FWs. He debuted 7 months before Aldo made his pro debut. Pitbull is not a flash in the pan. He is legendary. Like we are talking about a 17 year career at this point. How many guys do this in mma?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back