Patricio Pitbull is an all-time great FW

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by GueseGuy, Nov 12, 2020.

1. GueseGuy Brown Belt

It’s hard to defend this without him having fought in the UFC. But if you have watched him throughout the course of his career in Bellator, you would know he’s a world class fighter. He’s 31-4, has been professional since he debuted in 2004 at 16 years old. Has never been finished before. His resume is a talking point because there aren’t a lot of big names there but it is still very good:

Carvalho
    Archuleta
    Chandler
    Sanchez
    Weichel (2x)
    Straus (3x)
    Nunes
    Reis
    Karakhanyan
    Curran

But he has shown a complete game. He is an incredible boxer with great kicks, his wrestling and grappling are top notch. Although he is small in stature, he makes up for it with power speed and accuracy. It sucks because he never fought in the UFC so a lot of his biggest moments happened in front of smaller audiences but he has shown so much heart and grit and toughness and skill throughout his career. He’s put on so many great fights and amazing comebacks. As his career starts to wind down, and as someone who’s watched his whole career in Bellator, I must say he’s become legendary in my regard. He is a special fighter and nobody has been able to touch him for over 10 years in Bellator. Which is an amazing accomplishment IMO. At this point in his career, I consider him one of the greatest FWs ever if not the best.

2. TheSpider Brown Belt

Agreed. Expect to be flamed by bias UFC shills but Pitbull is arguably #2 FW GOAT.

-2X FW champion
    -6 title defenses
    -KOd Sherdog’s new hype train Michael Chandler to become LW champ + double champ
    E1CB7861-3130-478F-881A-CF24BE036515.jpeg

3. Mesos Brown Belt

Seen him fight here and there. Yeah hes good but its hard to tell how truly elite these guys are until they are tested in UFC.

please refer to Will Brooks and Ben Askeren examples for more information on page 9 of the mmamath booklet

4. kimocomplex Silver Belt

That's like the equivalent of Conor fighting Sam Oropeza lol

fifinex likes this.
  5. GueseGuy Brown Belt

Oh I know I’m gonna get flamed but I had to make this thread. Patricio deserves it. I just realized I’ve literally been watching him smash dudes for 10 years. Like really good fucking fighters too. Idc if it wasn’t in the UFC, I know high level fighters when I see one and Patricio has beaten more than enough of them.

6. Bangkok ready d1 Brown Belt

Doesn't even fights ufc...<{cruzshake}>

countswagula and TFK20 like this.
  7. TFK20 Orange Belt

"I consider him one of the greatest FWs ever if not the best"

Lmfao his resume isn't even better than Brown or Faber's, let alone the top 3 FWs

But then again, you do nuthug Bellator fighters on every thread so can't say I'm surprised

PSA: This is the same dude who thinks Mousasi beats every MW and LHW on earth

8. Kb7 Yellow Card Yellow Card

No

fifinex and No Skill Gap like this.
  9. Bangkok ready d1 Brown Belt

And since when is michael chandler a hype train on here, shit most people are not giving the guy any chances at all

10. TheSpider Brown Belt

Daniel Cormier, Tyron Woodley, Benson Henderson, Luke Rockhold, Eddie Alvarez, Anthony Pettis, Fabricio Werdum, etc. say hi

11. GueseGuy Brown Belt

Well the reason why I consider him as maybe #1 is cause he’s still currently doing it. Like if he beats Sanchez again, beats Mckee and cashes this $1m, he’s the goat and it shouldn’t be debatable. Aldo is done with FW.

12. TFK20 Orange Belt

None of those guys fought in Bellator before they came to the UFC except Eddie

13. Gmork Purple Belt

Chandler is 3-1 against UFC champions, and Pitbull knocked him right out.

Ben Askren coming to the UFC post-retirement with a bad hip is not a good example, in his prime he would've been a clear contender in the UFC.

14. TFK20 Orange Belt

Even if he does all that, he's not top 3

I would consider putting above Brown and Faber but that's it.

You lot are the same poeple who were claiming GSP was terrified of Askren and Askren would easily run through every UFC welterweight

fifinex likes this.
  15. TheSpider Brown Belt

Keep moving those goal posts shill

GueseGuy likes this.
  16. Mammothman Silver Belt

He is, I really hope he jumps to the UFC after he cleans up the grand prix.

He have a legit chance to be champ champ if Daner allows it off course

GueseGuy likes this.
  17. TFK20 Orange Belt

Prime Chandler won a split decision over a washed up Benson, and is 1-1 with Eddie

Even prime Askren isn't top tier UFC material, the hip is just a shitty excuse for him getting mollywhooped.

Btw Maia is 41 and washed up and still slept Askren

Ironnik94 and fifinex like this.
  18. TFK20 Orange Belt

Says the dude who shills for a D level org

No goal posts were moved, the simple fact is that this guy is nowhere near the GOAT FW and not even top 3 currently until he proves it against proven elite competition.

fifinex likes this.
  19. TheSpider Brown Belt

Go to sleep Dana

GueseGuy and Willy Knuckles like this.
  20. Mesos Brown Belt

Was specifically referencing Bellator guys that did bad. But yea eddie did good, thats pretty much what I am saying though. Theres no real way to know how good he actually is until he fights in UFC. Easier to look amazing outside of UFC with lesser competition. Plenty of up in coming prospects looked like future champs until they end up getting tested in UFC.