Pat Healy on Joe Rogans commentating: "Ur man crush on Cain is making this fight..."

well JDS did NOTHING so I wonder how his commentating could have been any different?

Exactly. Joe Rogan's bias toward Cain resulted from JDS' nearly complete lack of activity for half the fight. Anyone commenting on that fight for 25 minutes would talk about Cain the entire time, then add "JDS sure can take a punch."

Yeah. I'm a Rogan fan too and I've never really found his commentary to be annoying, but the first 2 rounds of the fight were very hard to get through thanks to Rogan. Maybe the lack of Goldy had something to do with it.

Rogan certainly should have been praising what Cain was able to do as he dominated JDS, but Rogan was way over the top.

yeah, Rogan did say many times that JDS was durable, and had life in him. If he was biased it was towards JDS...

Cain was winning that fight from start to finish. I don't see a problem with calling it the way it is.

I agree. As the rounds went on JDS started to defend the takedowns and such, but Rogan just kept going on about what a "beatdown" it was. Even when it was very obvious that it wasn't going to be stopped, he kept claiming that the fight will be stopped.

Joe was definitely leaning towards Cain last night. Everything he did, Joe made it seem like a kill shot, and made JDS seem like a sack of meat with nothing to offer.

On another note, I wish Dana and co. would introduce a new option to turn commentary off, but still have the fight and crowd noises.

They do its called watching it live at the venue.

If you listen to his podcasts you would know he has a bias for Cain. You could tell he never truely felt like JDS was the better fighter and to top it all off has a pic of Cain in his home gym. Obviously he loves the dude

rogan makes claims pre fight and then gets really excited to see those play out - he was clearly rooting for cain, in my opinion, because he said that cain is an animal and it would favor him to go the distance etc. so after it was clear that jds wouldnt early ko cain, it seemed like he wanted cain to win to show his predictin was correct

i think he does it commonly - its pretty obvious bc hes so eccentric, otherwies i may not notice

Lmao what Joe supposed to say?? JDS is really falling so nice only he could fall like that.

Lmfao. JDS fans are delusional. What did you guys expect Joe to say when JDS was a zombie from the middle of round 1 to the closing bell? JDS was doing one of 2 things: falling all over the place or standing against the cage with his hands down letting Cain hit him. He was completely out of it for 90% of the fight. Joe called it exactly as it went down. Cain was simply outclassing him. His activity was too much for JDS.

While the fight was one sided I kind of agree Rogan went overboard. He was even talking like JDS had zero chance after round 2.

Even if JDS looked like shit early, he still could have came back. At least lie to us damnit! Lame when a commentator acts like the fight is over with 3 more rounds.

No, he was done. You could tell Cain ate his soul, even after the 1st IMO. JDS didn't throw a shot after the second round that would have finished Cain.

pussy didnt even tag rogan in his tweet.

PS: rogan would choke his ass out

Rogan is horrible... He was rooting SO hard for Leben, Belcher, and Cain. It was brutal to listen to. Have to watch the fights on mute.

JDS didn't do anything that Joe didn't bring up, problem was it was a one sided beat down. What was he supposed to say?

I never bash rogan or agree with those who do, but I would have liked to hear more about how somehow JDS just kept getting off his back or how he stuffed td's with half a gas tank.

Back